GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
You're settling for less by insisting on taking short cuts. Takes a much bigger man in the GM chair to resist making stupid short cut moves (which is all we've done the last 20 years).
If you want to build through the draft why even signing Briere? Hes a short cut as you say, will help us draft in the top 20 instead of 10-20
Strategy is "make the playoffs" even when you know your team is not build for them
But hey "anything can happen in the playoffs"

Ryan is young and better than any player we could draft with our top20 pick and better than any forward we had in the last 10 years

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
If we trade for Ben Eager I will be so pissed. Briere and Eager? Those would be our additions? ****ing joke.

Apparently Lapierre wanted to come back but Bergevin wasn't interested. Lame...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm willing to bet we dont get bigger and we do ice a team very much like the one we have now which will be a disaster. When i lamented the briere deal the " stay the course" crowd said just wait for the 5th we are so in for a big ufa winger. We are not, we can take scraps, again.

in order to get big bodies means we are going to have to say goodbye to prospects because the people we want to get rid of have zero return.

Wow hamonic 7 years 27 million to the isles

It's a Pacioretty type deal if he keeps improving. Term is risky but cap hit under 4 mil.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Toughness is scary. Probably just a 4th line plug. Bergevin could then said that he been active.

5th rounder for 4th liner.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Anything to remove Prust from being the ulimate target. But we are not talking about something big here....obviously.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
If we trade for Ben Eager I will be so pissed. Briere and Eager? Those would be our additions? ****ing joke.

Apparently Lapierre wanted to come back but Bergevin wasn't interested. Lame...

Lapierre would have just made it even worse....

Besides, Brière is a good deal considering what players are getting today.

Analyzer*

It's Antropov.

He's big... I know it.

He probably trolled us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad