Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
It's kind of funny, back in 2011 everyone thought the arena was in a great location and the new stadium was in a bad one. Now it's the other way around.
A 1000 foot by 700 foot footprint for the stadium would be disastrous in downtown. An absolute deadzone 99% of the time.

With all the troubles happening around downtown, there have been plenty of new residential buildings being constructed over the past decade. Many are happening as we speak. And people keep moving in. ie. the new tallest in Winnipeg is mostly occupied.

The arena and stadium are both in ideal locations given their respective usage.

Reactions: surixon

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
A 1000 foot by 700 foot footprint for the stadium would be disastrous in downtown. An absolute deadzone 99% of the time.

With all the troubles happening around downtown, there have been plenty of new residential buildings being constructed over the past decade. Many are happening as we speak. And people keep moving in. ie. the new tallest in Winnipeg is mostly occupied.

The arena and stadium are both in ideal locations given their respective usage.
Oh yeah, I'm with you. The arena makes sense downtown. I have a hard time imagining it being anywhere else, even when a new one is eventually built.

I was commenting on how the perception of their locations has evolved... the traffic issues at the stadium have been sorted out after being a real problem the first few years, and downtown has become a less appealing place over the last 10 years but as you point out, the situation is improving after bottoming out during the pandemic era.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Oh yeah, I'm with you. The arena makes sense downtown. I have a hard time imagining it being anywhere else, even when a new one is eventually built.

I was commenting on how the perception of their locations has evolved... the traffic issues at the stadium have been sorted out after being a real problem the first few years, and downtown has become a less appealing place over the last 10 years but as you point out, the situation is improving after bottoming out during the pandemic era.
Not sure if downtown is really improving much for the better. I have worked down here for over 20 years and certainly much worse since the Covid situation began. There are some key metrics in a report published this week that show Winnipeg as having some very serious issues. Having said this, in all my time coming downtown for evening games, the worst situation I have ever witnessed is some aggressive panhandling....and I'm certain that would/could be prevalent in any major city near their arenas.

Just wonder how many people don't feel comfortable coming downtown with their kids due to these sort of statistics...and we do know the arena is located in the vicinity of some of the hot-spots for these sort of crimes.

1727296493664.png

1727296526273.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad