GDT: Preseason #3 | Islanders at Flyers | Thursday, September 26, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
FLYERS: 1-1-0
ISLANDERS: 1-1-0

1727297699231.png

BROADCAST

NBCSP
ESPN+
97.5 FM The Fanatic??

FLYERS LINEUP (ish)

Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Foerster-Luchanko-Konecny
Eklind-Abols-Richard
Deslauriers-Gaucher-Hathaway

Grans-Sanheim
York-Ginning
Andrae-Johnson

Ersson
Petersen For Some Reason

ISLANDERS LINEUP

Will likely be made of human flesh on scaffolds of bone

GDT SONG

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Expect the Bridgeport Islanders as opposition.

Wonder if this is the last chance for some before cuts
I think one more game for scrubs before they get sent down for the AHL season.

Briere and Torts probably want to look at some players for early season call-ups in case of injury. Especially guys like Ekling, Abols and Richard who haven't been with the organization.

For someone like Gaucher, it's a participation prize, you can tell your kids you played against real NHL players.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
It's a formality at this point. The "cuts" happened before preseason even began. There was never a single roster spot open at any position, but there is the pecking order to establish for call-ups (which is basically the only thing being evaluated in these preseason games). The roster for the upcoming season was determined before the season began. How the lineups shakeout is something else.

Foerster Couts TK
Tippett Frost Michkov
Farabee Laughton Brink
Cates Poehling Hathaway

Deslaurier is the 13th forward.

Eklind, Lycksell, Abols fighting for 1st call up, no matter who falls, a center or wing. Lycksell has first dibs. None of these players will see NHL time until there is an injury, but then they also have to beat out Deslaurier which is another difficult obstacle.

York Sanheim
Seeler Drysdale
Zamula Risto

Johnson, Andrae, Ginning are the 7th - 9th D. Johnson will be used on away trips while sitting in the pressbox (unless they roll 7D/11F again LOL), and Andrae/Ginning will be called up if an injury occurs.

It's really simple and predictable how this season will start. These preseason games are not meant for players to "earn" any spots. Not this year, anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's really simple and predictable how this season will start. These preseason games are not meant for players to "earn" any spots. Not this year, anyway.
Nor should they be. The talent gap is too large from what I've seen so far.
There are a number of AHL prospects who might be pushing for jobs by the TDL, but not in October.
And the guys they've picked up like Abols and Eklind haven't shown enough to threaten Laughton.

Next fall, with Luchanko, Barkey, Bonk and maybe Bump pushing for jobs will be far different.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Briere and Torts probably want to look at some players for early season call-ups in case of injury. Especially guys like Ekling, Abols and Richard who haven't been with the organization.

For someone like Gaucher, it's a participation prize, you can tell your kids you played against real NHL players.

I doubt line 4 faces line 1 of the Islanders tonight. The rest of that roster will be PTO/AHL guys.

There are a number of AHL prospects who might be pushing for jobs by the TDL, but not in October.
And the guys they've picked up like Abols and Eklind haven't shown enough to threaten Laughton.

Next fall, with Luchanko, Barkey, Bonk and maybe Bump pushing for jobs will be far different.
So now you can't win a spot in TC? I thought you could if you impressed Torts.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt line 4 faces line 1 of the Islanders tonight. The rest of that roster will be PTO/AHL guys.

So now you can't win a spot in TC? I thought you could if you impressed Torts.
You have to be good enough.
Name one AHL bound player you think is good enough.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

They want to look at him so bad he didnt even play 14 minutes in his lone game so far.

Will you just say they have zero shot to make the team and the were signed for the AHL.

You kill me. They could show top line talent and they aint beating out Scotty deathstare.

Hysterical. Go back and look at all the guys you mentioned pushing for jobs in years past. We could do a hell of a where are they no segment. Will start with the Bunnyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad