2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
A few updates from Russo..

Niklas Backstrom not on the ice for #mnwild. Looks like an emergency goalie. Not Kuemper or Gustafsson at least

Josh Harding not practicing either. Now 2 emergency goalies #mnwild

mnwild having a significant optional practice. No Granlund, which may be concern after head shot. We’ll see after

Thanks Kadri. You *********.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Maybe they just wanna make Granlund is ready to go on friday? I actually think it's his neck if something.. :dunno:

Billy Mays Here*

Considering it's an optional practice and both Granlund and Harding played the rest of the game, I'm not worried. Even if either has to sit out a game or two it's not that bad. Caution>force playing.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Wel i'm little bit worried. We need those guys, just like last year when Cullen went down..

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Granlund does have a concussion history and looked like he got hit in the head last night, so until he's fine for a couple days I'm a little concerned.

Speak of the devil:

@Russostrib Backstrom out tomorrow; callup coming. Yeo expects Granlund to be ok and able to play but "not out of clear" of head shot timetable #mnwild

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Question do you think some this game will be on 24/7? Ex. Some of the clips they play were they are micd up.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
after i got home i read somewhere Hards wasn't even on the bench when Backs got smacked...is that why Backs ended up playing for a little while after he came to? to give hards to finish tossing his cookies in the lockerroom?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
after i got home i read somewhere Hards wasn't even on the bench when Backs got smacked...is that why Backs ended up playing for a little while after he came to? to give hards to finish tossing his cookies in the lockerroom?

LaPanta said Harding was stretching.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

My seats are 8th row almost straight across from the bench...Harding was definitely there, watching intently to see if he had to come in... He was leaning over the boards so far I thought just the urge would send him over... :laugh:

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
I think thats what Talon means. Mask was most likely in the hallway and was stretching back there.

Yeah. He was definitely on the bench before the penalty. Stood yelling during the call. Got the door for Fuller, I believe (wife saw that part). Started to take his glove and catcher off (what backups do to get ready to go). Was told to wait. Started leaning over the boards. After Suter skated over to the bench, quite a conversation between him and Hards.

The Wild kept the play in the offensive zone almost 100% during the ensuing powerplay. Backstrom faced no shots, did not play the puck.

After the PP, Suter skates back over to him and the decision was made to get Backstrom out.

Hards was already in the hallway getting his mask and stick, having already tossed his catcher/blocker off.

Hell, I didn't even watch the powerplay. I was watching Backstrom and the bench...

:laugh::laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think thats what Talon means. Mask was most likely in the hallway and was stretching back there.

Mask, glove, blocker and stick, thus gear not just mask. :p:

Harding doesn't usually wear the glove on the bench, and when he was leaning over the boards when Backstrom was down, his bare hands were on the boards.

All in the hallway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad