2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
my point is will there be a roster spot on the wild 4 him next year? will we keep heatr? will we sign vanek? if not will zucker be satisfied stuck in the minors? im guessin no.

Doesn't matter if zucker is satisfied or not, if he doesn't earn a spot he doesn't get one. If he's the type of player to throw a fit over not being in the NHL because of his own play then I don't want him. I mean he's not that type of player, but if he was.

OpRedDawn*

For one we don't even know the type of hit it was this time. Phrasing it as zucker just being a crazy man out there might not be right either. Remember when Coyle got tossed for his hit? Ended up being nothin

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Maybe he isn't the monster we think he is.

#IAWild players @SteveKampfer47 and @Jason_Zucker16 visited Clay Elementary today to talk about Wild About Reading! vine.co/v/hTinJOT7xMx

#IAWild

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Doesn't matter if zucker is satisfied or not, if he doesn't earn a spot he doesn't get one. If he's the type of player to throw a fit over not being in the NHL because of his own play then I don't want him. I mean he's not that type of player, but if he was.

Exactly. This sounds like Pouliot all over again. Jason has to realize that the fans, and probably a lot of the players, are wanting him on this squad and sooner rather than later.

BUT if we as a fanbase are pushing hard for Leipold to go for TV in the offseason, then where is Zucker going to fit on this team? Depth is always a good thing, but these kids don't stay RFA forever. And he is RFA next year as well.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Exactly. This sounds like Pouliot all over again. Jason has to realize that the fans, and probably a lot of the players, are wanting him on this squad and sooner rather than later.

BUT if we as a fanbase are pushing hard for Leipold to go for TV in the offseason, then where is Zucker going to fit on this team? Depth is always a good thing, but these kids don't stay RFA forever. And he is RFA next year as well.

Where did i read, that some of the players in the locker room didn't like the way Zucker played and didn't like the lack of effort?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

That is exactly the point. It is not a matter of necessarily wanting to get rid of Zucker or anyone else in specific, but a matter of a lack of space in the lineup and us having a surplus of young forwards and a need for an upgrade in the backend. I am not advocating for going after Vanek next summer at all, but everything we have heard so far points to that happening.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
I have full confidence that Zucker will eventually figure it all out, he seems like a smart kid.

There's this one American winger with a big shot, 55th overall pick. Didn't even get a sniff of the NHL until he was 23 years old. Fast forward 8 years, and he's a former NHL captain who has just scored his 200th career goal. I forgot his name, but he has a huge population :sarcasm:

Zucker will be fine. If last years playoffs are any indication, he has what it takes to be a big game player. We just have to have some patience with him.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Where did i read, that some of the players in the locker room didn't like the way Zucker played and didn't like the lack of effort?

No idea, but it wouldn't surprise me since he seems to have a hardon for being Alpha Male. Kid has excelled at all his levels and pretty much expected to come up and be an immediate impacter on the team. Didn't make it and now throwing a hissyfit IMO.

That is exactly the point. It is not a matter of necessarily wanting to get rid of Zucker or anyone else in specific, but a matter of a lack of space in the lineup and us having a surplus of young forwards and a need for an upgrade in the backend. I am not advocating for going after Vanek next summer at all, but everything we have heard so far points to that happening.

I was one of the big advocates about TV last offseason and trying to get him. The more and more I look at this lineup, I really do not see a need for it as opposed to getting the blue line solidified. But if we are going for him, then whatever. I'll support it. But yes, it means players like Zucker are not going to have a real solid role IMO. Depending on how the centermen go, he is either on the Top line with Zach or with Brodziak. Fontaine playing out of his mind right now isn't helping Jason at all either.

I have full confidence that Zucker will eventually figure it all out, he seems like a smart kid.

There's this one American winger with a big shot, 55th overall pick. Didn't even get a sniff of the NHL until he was 23 years old. Fast forward 8 years, and he's a former NHL captain who has just scored his 200th career goal. I forgot his name, but he has a huge population :sarcasm:

Zucker will be fine. If last years playoffs are any indication, he has what it takes to be a big game player. We just have to have some patience with him.

The issue is where does he fit with the team? Where do you see him on this team? Right now, we are losing the 4th line next offseason (Rupp-Konopka-Heater) and that is about it. I generally want to know everyone's thoughts on that. Everyone is on this Vanek coming here bandwagon now, so where do you have room for a $700K/yr scorer that cannot be solid in his own side of the net? You cannot put him on the 4th line, and Fontaine is playing too great to not be given another contract.

Jason played 20 games last year, scored 4 goals. Justin has played 18 and scored 6. Quite a few with 3rd line players where Jason was with Cullen and Seto almost entirely last year. I know Zucker can turn it around and this is probably just a bump in his career, but right now he isn't even remotely close to making this team next year IF Justin continues this trend and 0% chance if Vanek is signed. And if that is the case, you trade him while you can instead of letting him walk in a couple years

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Tbh, I don't think we're reading enough into it. What we really should be worrying about is Zucker bolting to Russia.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Tbh, I don't think we're reading enough into it. What we really should be worrying about is Zucker bolting to Russia.

Actually a pretty fair discussion in there as well.

I'm all for depth at the scoring position in the Top 6, but if this is a sign of what his attitude has become then do you think GMCF or Yeo will want him up with the team?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN

reminder , zucker is an rfa after this year. if wild mgmt tells him no spot for you, why should he stay? so why not trade him while he still has value? dont you all see this is our version of nino? man i just dont understand some posters.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He's going home to Vegas where he'll dominate the rollerhockey scene for years to come.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I love sports fan overreactions. Zucker is this year's Scandella.

The truth is that Zucker was always slotted for a 20/20 3rd line winger who could add some danger to a normally bland checking line.

His problem isn't that he's not scoring. It's that he's not defensively reliable. Once he figures that out, he'll be in the NHL.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I love sports fan overreactions. Zucker is this year's Scandella.

The truth is that Zucker was always slotted for a 20/20 3rd line winger who could add some danger to a normally bland checking line.

His problem isn't that he's not scoring. It's that he's not defensively reliable. Once he figures that out, he'll be in the NHL.

always slotted? you know this how? is it his destiny? hmmmm why is there no chance hes a top 6 player?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
always slotted? you know this how? is it his destiny? hmmmm why is there no chance hes a top 6 player?
If you want to parse language, debate definitions, and hash out potential probablities, we can.

But, in sum, Zucker has always had a greater chance as projecting out as a 3rd liner with offense than a top-6 forward. That doesn't mean he won't be a top-6 forward, but the odds aren't in that favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad