2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think he's putting so much extra pressure on himself seeing Granlund, Coyle and Niederreiter playing so well up here in important roles, and seeing Fontaine succeed in a slightly lesser role.

He saw himself ahead of two or 3 of those guys coming into the year, and he's the one who's been left behind instead.

Billy Mays Here*

At this rate, it's only a matter of time until he's traded. Nino proving to be the better player and Zucker starting to have more than just issues with his game down there.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
At this rate, it's only a matter of time until he's traded. Nino proving to be the better player and Zucker starting to have more than just issues with his game down there.

If it wasn't for the fact that we traded a bunch for a bunch of 2010 first rounders, that draft looks pretty fugly...

1/ Mikael Granlund (great)
2/ Brett Bulmer (has been really, really rough)
2/ Johan Larsson (traded for Poms, Minnesota didn't think very highly of him)
2/ Jason Zucker (development problems, stuck in the minors)
5/ Traded for Brad Staubitz (LOL!)
6/ Johan Gustafsson (Yay! Someone else that is great)
7/ Dylan McKinlay (bust)

If Bulmer ever works out and depending on what we get for Zucker, there is hope.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
If it wasn't for the fact that we traded a bunch for a bunch of 2010 first rounders, that draft looks pretty fugly...

7/ Dylan McKinlay (bust)

If Bulmer ever works out and depending on what we get for Zucker, there is hope.

Fugly? How should I put it... "LOL!"

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

7/ Dylan McKinlay (bust)

Sorry, you can't turn a positive asset turnaround into a negative spin.

Bulmer has struggeled a bit sure, but he's got time. He's only projected as a 3rd liner anyway...
Zucker has hit a bump in the road, but you can't knock him as a prospect yet. He's got great value as a prospect still whether he fits the teams future at this point or not... he is an asset.
Also... sorry, no such thing as a 7th round BUST... either you get a diamond in the rough there, or you got what you expected... nothing of much value. They are 7th rounders for a reason. They are picked on a hope and a prayer. The Erik Haula's of the world are rare successes from the 7th round.

WildFinn*

Bulmer we really could use making it, I hope the issues with him are not serious.

If Fontaine keeps this up, how much do we have to pay to keep him?

We have to keep Nino and his contract is up next year, next year comes Brodin, Granlund and Coyle.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well... Fontaine plays a bottom 6 role and he has no power since he will be an RFA so I don't think his contract will be much of an issue.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Russo

What's going on with this kid? :shakehead

I saw that in the middle of the night :shakehead This happening once can be written off as a single mistake, but it is still a mistake you need to learn from. It looks like Zucker did not. I think he is quite frustrated, but that is no excuse for this behavior. Headshots and suspensions will not get him to the NHL. Even before the season started I believed one of the forward prospects would be traded before the 2014-15 season starts. It looks like it will be Zucker.

WildFinn*

Well... Fontaine plays a bottom 6 role and he has no power since he will be an RFA so I don't think his contract will be much of an issue.

He could be hitting +/- 20 goals, that will not come for free?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
**** happens, I don't think he should be traded but he is making it harder on himself.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
I think they're gonna sign Nino, Fontaine and Brodin this summer.
Nino - some kind of bridge contract 2Y-5M?
Brodin - as long as they can, 5yr - 25M?
Fontaine - something what they can, not gonna be issue..

I don't see they're gonna sign Coyle and Granlund yet, unless they really light up this season and put ~50-60p..

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

7/ Dylan McKinlay (bust)

what the **** are you drinking? Wild loved Larsson.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Not sure what is going on with Zuck, but frustration probably has something to do with it. Or maybe he's trying too hard to carve out a different niche for himself--how Granny earned a spot by focusing on his defensive game perhaps made Zucker sit back and think he had to concentrate on altering his style to get a spot in the Wild lineup? I think he has the ability to get over this and channel the negative chi into something positive. Not writing him off yet or calling for a trade. He just doesn't have the...whatever you want to call it--vision, intelligence? focus?--of Granlund so it might take a little longer to figuring out the puzzle. He could fit right in in another system, I think, but not this one without some adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad