2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The long view also wont mean squat if he goes around trying to break heads.

explain how this is true. it is precisely the point i'm trying to make about taking the long view: a guy with a reputation for hard work and skill in the rest of his high-level play makes two very bad plays in a short period of time while still more or less performing up to his draft position. it's more likely he gets back on track and lives up to his draft position than he becomes a problem case too big for a team to justify carrying.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
explain how this is true. it is precisely the point i'm trying to make about taking the long view: a guy with a reputation for hard work and skill in the rest of his high-level play makes two very bad plays in a short period of time while still more or less performing up to his draft position. it's more likely he gets back on track and lives up to his draft position than he becomes a problem case too big for a team to justify carrying.

The problem is that if he doesn't manage to turn his frustration down from boiling to a manageable simmer he may end up turning into that problem case. I'm not saying it will happen but the longer it goes on the more likely it becomes. I have anger issues myself and the most important thing I have learned is that when something really starts nagging you, you need to step back and reset so anger does not consume you. They ought to send Zucker to an anger management course to help him chill out and get him to refocus that anger where it can be productive: putting the puck in the back of the net.

Right now I am not very concerned that this kid is going to wreck himself, but he needs to get this under control. If he doesn't then it's really time to worry.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm over it. Where would he fit on the big club if he were still here?

i imagined he'd be a hardworking center/winger versatile guy. probably same role Fontaine is. drifting but playing well wherever.

still would be great for depth.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Meanwhile, Zucker has the best point pace in Iowa and tied for first in goals scored... But yep, lets look to move him. :laugh:

Russo: The reports out of Iowa are that Zucker hasn’t played well. He needs to learn the nuances of the pro game, like playing in the defensive zone and reading plays. The Wild wants him to play an extended stretch down there to develop. The same could be said for Erik Haula, although he had a better training camp.

Has anyone watched any of his game? Maybe the points don't tell it all..

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I'm over it. Where would he fit on the big club if he were still here?

Keep him in Iowa until we replace Brodziak with him. Regardless of how I feel about the Pominville trade, that was always the plan -- at least IIRC. To hope he turns into one of the best 3rd line centers in the league. Kinda like how Jordan Staal was used in Pittsburgh. Would be able to be smoothly plugged into the top 6 but relegated to the 3rd line with a fully healthy lineup. Still think he turns into a top three 3rd line center.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Keep him in Iowa until we replace Brodziak with him. Regardless of how I feel about the Pominville trade, that was always the plan -- at least IIRC. To hope he turns into one of the best 3rd line centers in the league. Kinda like how Jordan Staal was used in Pittsburgh. Would be able to be smoothly plugged into the top 6 but relegated to the 3rd line with a fully healthy lineup. Still think he turns into a top three 3rd line center.

I'm a bigger fan of running Coyle-Granlund-Koivu-Brodziak as the 4 centers than holding hope Larsson would have panned out the way we believed he would. People have to take whatever he does in Buffalo with a grain of salt. That is a depleted team in a completely different conference/division than what we are playing in. IMO, Pommer trade was a complete and utter steal in comparison to the games that man has won for us or kept us in, and that goes back to last year pre Dustin Brown dirty hit.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Meanwhile, Zucker has the best point pace in Iowa and tied for first in goals scored... But yep, lets look to move him. :laugh:

laugh all you want , but zucker not making this years team is a bad sign. (for zuckers future w wild). plus he hasnt been the first guy called up? hes as fast as anyone on our team & scored the biggest goal in recent wild history yet doesnt make the cut. i smell a skunk in the woodpile!

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
laugh all you want , but zucker not making this years team is a bad sign. (for zuckers future w wild). plus he hasnt been the first guy called up? hes as fast as anyone on our team & scored the biggest goal in recent wild history yet doesnt make the cut. i smell a skunk in the woodpile!

How many tine has it been said you can't give up on 21 year old. Just because he has been in the ahl does not mean it's a bad sign it just means he needs more Time to develop.Nothing wrong with that. If you go back a couple pages there is an interview that Russo did talking about him.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Maybe he means the "Minnesota" who posts here. Oh wait.

Minnesota must have not loved him that much if they traded him away...They saw that Haula was better and as such, they decided Larsson was expendable. If he was part of their future, they would have tried to move another player or prospect.

Out of that trade, I got to wonder what would have been the deal breaker if Minnesota didn't include it. The 1st? Hackett? Larsson?

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
At this point, we probably need to trade for a left-handed defenseman or play Brodin with Dumba/Spurgeon/Prosser.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
How many tine has it been said you can't give up on 21 year old. Just because he has been in the ahl does not mean it's a bad sign it just means he needs more Time to develop.Nothing wrong with that. If you go back a couple pages there is an interview that Russo did talking about him.

Exactly. I still like the fact that he seems to be developing a better physical game. That's some sort of a defensive improvement at least. Yeah, he probably should stop elbowing guys and all but the kid is just learning his limitations. Give him time.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
To be honest, I doubt we're going to see Zucker here until he improves his defensive game.

Also, there's no point in trading him. Be patient, people.

I think the frustrating thing is that Zucker tore it up in Denver and his stock was rising so fast. He hits a little bump in the road and his development hit a snag, and instead of this guy that was a 2-3 year project is now a 3-5 year project...

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
To be honest, I doubt we're going to see Zucker here until he improves his defensive game.

Also, there's no point in trading him. Be patient, people.

my point is will there be a roster spot on the wild 4 him next year? will we keep heatr? will we sign vanek? if not will zucker be satisfied stuck in the minors? im guessin no. ps there are other prospects knockin on the door!

WildFinn*

I think the frustrating thing is that Zucker tore it up in Denver and his stock was rising so fast. He hits a little bump in the road and his development hit a snag, and instead of this guy that was a 2-3 year project is now a 3-5 year project...

Its not a little bumb to loose an NHL top 6 role and salary and sent to AHL for a season or two. :laugh:

But yes, he should work it out, others have survived the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad