2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
West is Best and East is Least.

They should just award the Cup to the Western Conference winner this year.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
They should move Edmonton + Calgary to the East, and Boston + Pittshurgh to the West. Just to even it up a little bit.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So what happens if we were to sign Theodore, and then Backstrom healed faster than expected? I would feel better with Theo over a rookie for our backup, but wouldn't we have a big problem when Backs was ready to return?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Don't look now but the Wild are tied for 5th in the West with Colorado, who just a week ago were still looking untouchable.

/afraidtopostthis
/goingtojinxit --> specially with the quality of teams we have to play in the next two months.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Don't look now but the Wild are tied for 5th in the West with Colorado, who just a week ago were still looking untouchable.

/afraidtopostthis
/goingtojinxit --> specially with the quality of teams we have to play in the next two months.

They have two games in hand tho. I don't really consider it tied yet.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Last season, I didn't really believe in Yeo and thought he should be replaced. I have to give credit where it's due.. He's doing a great job right now. I love how this team is playing.

I hope the guys keep it up. I'll be happy to eat more crow. :nod:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I love how after every game the players on the team. Are always looking to get better. That they know when they have a bad game.

WildFinn*

I love how after every game the players on the team. Are always looking to get better. That they know when they have a bad game.

I think we have one of the smartest teams, one of their weakness could be overthinking.

Do teams measure IQ from the players?

tomthestone*

We should have never traded Larsson :(

:laugh:

Those in the "Paid too much for Pominville" camp were a confused bunch from the start. Anyone thinking a proven, righty sniper could be had for anything less than a premium haul has no concept of how valuable elite scorers are in the NHL. The ones who freaked out about giving up the farm showcased what little they know when it comes to professional hockey.

Plus the second rounder has already more than been recovered -- thanks for taking Setoguchi off our hands, WPG! Johan Gustaffson showed up and replaced Matt Hackett. Larsson has 1 point in 17 games with the Sabres, and is never going to be a legitimate goal-scorer in the NHL.

...what farm?

Last edited by a moderator:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yeah. Its not like we could have used Hackett this year. Oh and points in a season mean squat if they keeping bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

tomthestone*

Yeah. Its not like we could have used Hackett this year. Oh and points in a season mean squat if they keeping bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

How many high-end prospect goaltenders do you want to have on your AHL team? Unrealistic to think we were ever having Kuemper, Hackett and Gustafsson here this year. Keep getting bounced from the first round? If that's what happens this year, it won't be because Pominville didn't provide a scoring boost.

Johan Larsson and Matt Hackett weren't going to get the Wild to the Western Conference Semis (past first round) anytime soon. If they turn out good enough to help Buffalo get to the playoffs under the new Sabres front office I'll be astounded.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sorry, but I'll take Poms (who is responsible for nearly 25% of our goals) over Hackett right now. When it comes to the Wild, they've always had a much harder time finding offense than decent goaltending.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Sorry, but I'll take Poms (who is responsible for nearly 25% of our goals) over Hackett right now. When it comes to the Wild, they've always had a much harder time finding offense than decent goaltending.

True but now Minnesota is kind of screwed. I'd trade Kuemper over Hackett at that point. We also paid a lot for Pom's. Seto, Hackett and Larsson witha 1st. Ouch.

tomthestone*

True but now Minnesota is kind of screwed. I'd trade Kuemper over Hackett at that point. We also paid a lot for Pom's. Seto, Hackett and Larsson witha 1st. Ouch.

Guarantee no one in the organization looks at it that way. And the Wild flat-out dumped Setoguchi, you can't call him a loss of any kind.

Billy Mays Here*

The fact that a righty like Fontaine has stepped up and played well really lessens the blow of losing Seto.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Yeah, Fletcher's wheeling and dealing has screwed this team into the best start this team has EVER had.

If that's what screwed is, I hope the team stays this screwed all season and into the post season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad