GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
When I read posts like these I hear terrible superhero entrance music in my head because I know Fossy is going to show up.

:laugh:
Except I'm a supervillain. Don Cherry is the hero.
I didn't watch the game (don't care enough about the series to bother, though I might catch most of game 7), but after watching the goals - if I'm to defend The King - I don't see one that he could've played much better except maybe the Gustafsson one. Terribad defence, and I doubt Rask would get much flak (except the usual "what a softie by Rask... Edit: On second look, no way he could've had that") for the rest. Or am I missing something? The horribad coverage on Simmonds (who was allowed multiple opportunities) on the first goal, the one where Schenn mishandled the puck and it found its way to Simmonds, or the deflection from him? And if he goes for the Gustafsson puck and doesn't make it or misplays it (it's bouncing and slowing down), we'd still be blaming him.

Then again, I didn't watch the game, he might have played really bad even when ignoring the goals, or Mason may have had a really good game in which case I acknowledge that it's fair to expect the other team's goalie to come up with saves at crucial times (though it's still unfair to blame them completely for the loss when their team can't solve the opposing goalie and D/PK plays badly in front of them). So there, I put way too much effort into defending someone I'm not even a fanboy of. :laugh:

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Post from the Rangers' board: "LOL. Pull moneybags and put it Tablot."

Anyway, it is interesting to view perspectives from a different team's fanbase, they are also calling Simmonds a "POS" over there.

Note, it is only interesting if it is not the Habs' fanbase...

Kaoz*

I'd take Hartnell and Simmonds in a heartbeat. No room for Giroux, but yeah, he's great, too.

People were serious a/b trading Lucic just last year. Simmonds wouldn't have a prayer here. Nor does he put fear into people the way Lucic does. Look at the entire habs fanbase. Glad to see him get the trick.

Isn't Nash supposed to be doing that w/ that cap hit? Brutal.

No room for a 26 year old 25+ goal, better then PPG regular season and playoff, solid two way center?

I see your point, it'd suck to have to squeeze a guy like that in.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
:laugh:
Except I'm a supervillain. Don Cherry is the hero.
I didn't watch the game (don't care enough about the series to bother, though I might catch most of game 7), but after watching the goals - if I'm to defend The King - I don't see one that he could've played much better except maybe the Gustafsson one. Terribad defence, and I doubt Rask would get much flak (except the usual "what a softie by Rask... Edit: On second look, no way he could've had that") for the rest. Or am I missing something? The horribad coverage on Simmonds (who was allowed multiple opportunities) on the first goal, the one where Schenn mishandled the puck and it found its way to Simmonds, or the deflection from him? And if he goes for the Gustafsson puck and doesn't make it or misplays it (it's bouncing and slowing down), we'd still be blaming him.

Then again, I didn't watch the game, he might have played really bad even when ignoring the goals, or Mason may have had a really good game in which case I acknowledge that it's fair to expect the other team's goalie to come up with saves at crucial times (though it's still unfair to blame them completely for the loss when their team can't solve the opposing goalie and D/PK plays badly in front of them). So there, I put way too much effort into defending someone I'm not even a fanboy of. :laugh:

@GSparks40
King Henrik 0-11 in games where his team is leading a playoff series. 3.32 GAA and .877 SV%. Soon to be worse. #NoBueno

That was what was being discussed. Not just last night.

member 96824

No room for a 26 year old 25+ goal, better then PPG regular season and playoff, solid two way center?

I see your point, it'd suck to have to squeeze a guy like that in.

haha that was what I was thinking too...I think we have room for one of the top 5 forwards in the game.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Post from the Rangers' board: "LOL. Pull moneybags and put it Tablot."

Anyway, it is interesting to view perspectives from a different team's fanbase, they are also calling Simmonds a "POS" over there.

Note, it is only interesting if it is not the Habs' fanbase...

Simmonds IS a "POS"

I wish he were a Bruin! :D

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I wonder if Richard "elite" Nash will score a goal tonight.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Barstool sports posting fights from the stands. Hard to determine what fans are at fault seeing the choice is Rangers or Flyers fans.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Three game 7s tonight

herman_cain_grin__animated_gif_by_goodash03-d4ea7tn.gif

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
@GSparks40
King Henrik 0-11 in games where his team is leading a playoff series. 3.32 GAA and .877 SV%. Soon to be worse. #NoBueno

That was what was being discussed. Not just last night.

I'm aware, I lack relevant data to discredit this even more, though. If his team plays like they've done in this series when leading, it isn't hard to see. In those three games he's .875 and 3 GAA. From what I've seen in those games, he's hardly been to blame for the losses. There are stat lines that can be cherry-picked to make anyone look bad, but with that said, that one does look bad and I haven't seen all the relevant games to contest it.

They hadn't led a series since they did twice against New Jersey, three times against Washington and twice against Ottawa in 2012 (that's 7 of those games, with 5 coming in series that they won after he allowed 1 goal in the game 7's. So yeah, you can lose in every game you lead the series in and still win the Stanley Cup).

Also, if I'm not completely mistaken, the stat line is (unsurprisingly) cherry-picked to the extent that it cuts off to include two games from their 2009 series against Washington, in which he allowed 9 goals in 34 shots (and being pulled, which further worsened his GAA in those games), but not the three previous games in the same series which they led, in which he allowed 5 goals in 114 shots and his team put up a total of 3 goals, but he still managed to win two of those games (1-0 game a 35 shot shutout, 2-1 win a 38 save effort, the other game they were shutout and he allowed four goals, but was still .900 and again hardly to blame for the loss).

Would I have him on this team over Tuukka? Hell no. Are there many others I'd rather have over him (yes, "even" in the playoffs)? Nope.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My wife went to grad school in Philly and we lived down there for a year or two.

Never made it to the WF for a game, but my buddy wore his Neely jersey one time when we took him to see all the historic stuff and he got heckled pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad