GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well, St. Paul is an awesome city (although designed by drunk Irishmen compared to how easily it is to get around Minneapolis) so I can't fault you on that. Did you go to the X? Great arena for hockey. Cosetta's for dinner, X for the game, Tom Reid's for beer after, never having to leave 7th street. Perfect setup for the night. At tleast as far as the Wild go, it's got a solid future ahead especially considering some of their depth at the Iowa level, so they should be fun to follow for a good many years going forward.

I don't think that Sharks fans are also allowed to be Canucks fans; I believe that against the bylaws so you're safe with that. :laugh:

It's crazy...there's a few on that Sharks team I really like, although I don't have a high opinion of Jumbo Joe as a big-game player....so it's just sort of puzzling to me to see a team with such high end talent predictably fold like a cheap tent. Just weird. You are a glutton for punishment.

Good luck to you and your fellow Shorks fans tomorrow night. :)

Yeah, I went to the X. It was during the regular season so it wasn't as loud, but it was still a nice place to watch hockey. As far as Jumbo not showing up... yeah, I thought he turned the corner but he's back to his old self now. If he was more assertive and actually tried taking things into his own hands, he would be way better in the playoffs. Funny thing is out of the 3 elite talents you guys traded post-2005 lockout, only one of them is a proven consistent playoff performer (Kessel with 21 pts in 22 playoff games).

As far as me being glutton for punishment... yeah, I totally am :cry:

NHL: Leafs, Sharks, Wild (2 of them known for choking, 1 that may have hope for the future)
NBA: Raptors (Only bright spot in the city right now. Doing well at the moment but years of disappointment beforehand)
MLB: Jays (Haven't made the playoffs in 21 years, despite being Toronto's last pro sport champions)
NFL: Lions (I think I need therapy from watching this team :help:. Haven't won a playoff game since 1991, only ONE playoff win since the 50's :help::help::help:)

Good luck to you guys in round 2. Hoping you guys pull through against Montreal. Hate that team with a burning passion, easily my most hated NHL team. Please humiliate the Scabs and olé them out of their own building. Hilarious how fans of a team in Quebec, a province that tried to separate from Canada call themselves "Canada's team". Almost as bad as Cowboy fans calling themselves "America's team", despite Texas trying to separate from the US years ago.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Philly dispatches the Rongos with few dramatics as they score two goals in the first eight minutes and the game never feels in doubt. Also because I love a PHI/PIT playoff series more than a fat kid loves cake. 5-2 and the party begins on Broad Street while Sid locks himself in a closet to cry.

LA goes into the Shark Tank and despite two close periods of 1-1 hockey, start to blow it open in the third as we see Joe Thornton shirk away from the play like a big ol 6-4 wallflower. Call it a CC of game 6. LA 4-1. Snoop Dogg is noted somewhere wearing a Kings sweater.

Minnesota scores within the first five, but Jared Spurgeon forgets he's actually paid to play defense and goes all pylon while Paul Stastny makes him look ridiculous as the Avs tie it up before the end of the first. It stays that way for the rest of regulation and 2 overtime periods, until Mike Yeo is possessed by the Devil, puts Heater on a power play unit where he scores, and the internet is flooded with puckbunnies taking selfies of themselves with #50in07 sharpied on their lady bits. The economy of the State of Minnesota tanks tomorrow, I spend the day cleaning my home from the projectile vomiting episode the night before, and all of HF crashes due to realizing that, at some point during the night (since no one watches the boring Wild) indeed, Matt Cooke will be playing in at least one more playoff game this season.

2-1 Wild. Bring on the second round.

Those are my picks.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Yeah, I went to the X. It was during the regular season so it wasn't as loud, but it was still a nice place to watch hockey. As far as Jumbo not showing up... yeah, I thought he turned the corner but he's back to his old self now. If he was more assertive and actually tried taking things into his own hands, he would be way better in the playoffs. Funny thing is out of the 3 elite talents you guys traded post-2005 lockout, only one of them is a proven consistent playoff performer (Kessel with 21 pts in 22 playoff games).

As far as me being glutton for punishment... yeah, I totally am :cry:

NHL: Leafs, Sharks, Wild (2 of them known for choking, 1 that may have hope for the future)
NBA: Raptors (Only bright spot in the city right now. Doing well at the moment but years of disappointment beforehand)
MLB: Jays (Haven't made the playoffs in 21 years, despite being Toronto's last pro sport champions)
NFL: Lions (I think I need therapy from watching this team :help:. Haven't won a playoff game since 1991, only ONE playoff win since the 50's :help::help::help:)

Good luck to you guys in round 2. Hoping you guys pull through against Montreal. Hate that team with a burning passion, easily my most hated NHL team. Please humiliate the Scabs and olé them out of their own building. Hilarious how fans of a team in Quebec, a province that tried to separate from Canada call themselves "Canada's team". Almost as bad as Cowboy fans calling themselves "America's team", despite Texas trying to separate from the US years ago.

The bolded is exactly what drives me nuts about JJ. You can't teach size, but you also can't teach HOW to use that size. to be blessed with that size, some agility on skates (more earlier in his career of course) and skill and NOT know how to use that size to make a difference on the ice just drives me crazy (this coming from a guy who didn't have size but wishes he did in his playing days). It was frustrating to watch while he was here, and I'm sure it is for Sharks fans. I feel for the fans though; that's tough...all that talent that can blow people away and doesn't turn it on. I picked LA to win that series....but regardless, you gotta hope the Sharks figure it out at some point. The fans deserve better.

I won't even go into the Lions thing. That's just so sad. I've a friend from MI and every damn year recently he gets excited about Staff and CJ, and every damn year he's miserable by December.

as for the Habs, it's all been said. the thing about the "Canada's Team" comparison to the Cowboys is totally true (separatism movements aside; a fascinating topic but not meant to be had here). I hate that stupid team too. :laugh:

Enjoy (?) tonight.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
No room for a 26 year old 25+ goal, better then PPG regular season and playoff, solid two way center?

I see your point, it'd suck to have to squeeze a guy like that in.

Right. I realize he's a talented player. If we're going to go through this exercise, for starters, it would mean one of our big two centers leaving.

May as well be talking a/b Crosby. Neither are going anywhere anytime soon. And Chia believes in what he has.

That team did start the season looking like they were headed for a fire sale, though.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Pfft. I run that gauntlet every day.

Cheering for the flyers, sheerly for the prospect of having them take out Sid, whom I dislike more than the flyers these days.

:laugh:

You are cold blooded, soosh! Why I like you so much.

It will definitely be a war if it's philly vs the golden boy.

Three game 7's..... better them than us.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not that I required further proof that he`s missing a few cells upstairs but Marty McSorley on a Radio/TV show down here when discussing the Sharks/Kings series, and I`ll paraphrase here but said "if the Sharks had Killer Miller<<that`s his name not mine, there wouldn`t be a 7th game, it would have been over in the Sharks favor"

Oh gawd Marty, did you even watch the Hawks/Blues series?

canoebears

Jul 11, 2007
salmon arm b,c,
read this somewhere earlier today. if you happen to be talking to a canuck fan about tonight's games ask them if Vigneault has ever coached a game 7 before. I did to a couple of guys today, was great reactions

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
been sick in bed all day, but had to get up for game 7 mania

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I hear Bruins fans say how much they like Rinaldo.

But if Marchand did here, what he just did there, it would result in an entire thread.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What is up with the King? He appears to be struggling with every shot against.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I hear Bruins fans say how much they like Rinaldo.

But if Marchand did here, what he just did there, it would result in an entire thread.

Boggles my mind the affection some Bruins fans have for him. He sucks at hockey and is dumb as bricks yet I read all the time how he would be a good Bruin and so on. He shouldn't be in the league and certainly not on the Bruins. Just got a penalty for running Richards very late, what a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad