GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lol.

"My favorite one was when i scored a hat trick in New York. Someone threw a yamaka on the ice" - Ray Ferraro

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
You just described the Habs since 1993.

Ya, I suppose there are a number of teams that fit that mold.

There are some really good teams who were pretty terrible not too long ago such as Boston, LA, Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Then there are teams who are just always in the hunt, but never a real contender.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Oh look everyone wants Simmonds because he's got a hat trick tonight.

That certainly solves the 'team speed' problem everyone loves to talk about here.

He's a big body who's good at the net, but that's basically it. He's also a total dick. He does **** like he just did all the time but for some reason, never gets called out for it. He's basically a more emotionally sensitive Looch without the constant monitoring of Habs fans.

It's also worth mentioning that Flyers fans have complained about him for the majority of the year.

I suppose I could see him in Iginla's spot, but as I said, he doesn't fill a need on this team.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The Rangers remind me of what the Bruins were when I was a kid in the early 90's, perpetual mediocrity.

Qualify for the playoffs and maybe win a round.

Neither of these teams looks especially good honestly...I would guess if the Pens can play a decent defensive game for once they could dispatch of either with relative ease...

No guarantees though, as always in the playoffs.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think it's definitely natural to look at a guy and covet his skill set, especially when you don't see him play all the time.

Once you watch a guy play the full 82, you see some of the warts exposed etc.

Grass is greener.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

That certainly solves the 'team speed' problem everyone loves to talk about here.

He's a big body who's good at the net, but that's basically it. He's also a total dick. He does **** like he just did all the time but for some reason, never gets called out for it. He's basically a more emotionally sensitive Looch without the constant monitoring of Habs fans.

It's also worth mentioning that Flyers fans have complained about him for the majority of the year.

I suppose I could see him in Iginla's spot, but as I said, he doesn't fill a need on this team.

I've liked him since he was a King. Plus he's currently running amok on the team I hate nearly as much as the Habs, so he gets extra points tonight.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think it's definitely natural to look at a guy and covet his skill set, especially when you don't see him play all the time.

Once you watch a guy play the full 82, you see some of the warts exposed etc.

Grass is greener.

True, but I would think any team in the NHL could find room for Simmonds, warts and all.

member 96824

No one is more emotionally sensitive than Looch.

and I see it natural as a Bruin fan to want hard hitting, physical player like Simmonds who flirts with the 30 goal mark :shrug: But if you feel it's dumbed down to "he got a hat trick, let me wipe the drool off my face"...well...

If it makes you feel better, I also want Giroux, Schenn, Voracek, and even Hartnell(minus his contract)

member 96824

Wayne Simmonds is Lucic. We don't need 2 Lucic's.

Imagine a defender seeing Simmonds coming in the forecheck from the right, and Lucic from the left.

I pee'd myself a little just thinking about it

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I've followed Simmonds from his rookie year in LA and he has improved a lot since his days as a King. He had 60 points this year, and had an awesome second half of the season that really helped propel Philly. He puts up decent stats but what he does off the score sheet is really good as well. Dude is a very good skater for a power forward, gets to the dirty areas about as well as anyone, and is very consistent in terms of giving huge effort every game. Anyone who thinks he's one-dimensional hasn't seen him play very much at all. I know Boston likely won't get him since I cannot see Philly trading him away, but it would be awesome to see him in a Bs uni.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
they just showed on MSG feed, no idea if it was on NBCSN too, but Lundqvist is now 0-11 in the last 11 games were his team had the series lead… ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad