OT: 2012-13 MLB Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
lol yea good luck.

who are the Yankees bidding against?

Boston has a 2B.
LA Angels are not going to give out big money contracts like that for ANOTHER offseason.
Philly has a 2B.
Dodgers, I guess?

Maybe if they were the BROOOOKLYN Dodgers :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Dodgers are it, except for random team Y that also comes out of nowhere every offseason (like the Nats with Werth, or the Jays last offseason) to spend. Random team Y could be the Cubs this offseason.

He'll probably get his money cause baseball GM's don't know how to say no.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
That's a season folks. Yankees, you have a mess on your hands this offseason.

No kidding!!

I'm kind of hoping Jeter doesn't re-sign. They need to get younger and take on a new identity. I miss the late 90's teams a lot. No real superstars and a time that could just wear down pitchers.

I'm actually pleased with how they played this year though. It was a team of nothing but reclamation projects that ended up staying in playoff contention right until the very end which is better than I was expecting.

He has a 9.5 million player option I believe. He's going to take it, if I was a betting man.

Status Quo*

I hope the White Sox go after Cano. Gordon Beckham ****in sucks. I just want my management to show signs that they want to win :laugh:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Mo's last game here could you at least try to win this. BTW Cano don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I need the Yankees to show up too, I'm going against Cobb in a Fantasy Baseball playoff final lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Mo's last game here could you at least try to win this. BTW Cano don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

the Yankees letting Cano walk would be a complete disaster.

he isn't going to get $300 million, so everyone can relax with that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Every year we always say a guy's not going to get x in free agency and he always winds up getting x. The only thing that might stop teams from giving Cano a super-insane contract is the Pujols/A-Roid deals blowing up in spectacular fashion...but until proven otherwise there's always another sucker born every minute in baseball.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Every year we always say a guy's not going to get x in free agency and he always winds up getting x. The only thing that might stop teams from giving Cano a super-insane contract is the Pujols/A-Roid deals blowing up in spectacular fashion...but there's always another sucker born every minute in baseball.

not really.

guys always ask for way more than they are going to get. thats the business of negotiating. as I said, the dodgers are really the only team with the money that would be interested in him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Yankees handled the Rivera exit pretty well considering the circumstance (not close to a save situation)...let him get the second out then pulled him so he could get the ovation, but they sent Jeter and Pettite to the mound to get him. They shouldn't even pitch him in Houston, you can't have his career come to an end there in who-cares anonymity. It's actually a fitting end for Pettite though since he's the hometown boy.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Weren't many dry eyes in the stadium tonight

I got to see Mo close out a world series championship against the Mets and to be there to see him close out his career at Yankee Stadium was an incredible experience

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Weren't many dry eyes in the stadium tonight

I got to see Mo close out a world series championship against the Mets and to be there to see him close out his career at Yankee Stadium was an incredible experience

That was great. I was there last weekend and that was pretty special. Last night had to be excellent and sad as hell all at once.

MJB Devils23*

Bobby Valentine needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut sometimes.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I hope the White Sox go after Cano. Gordon Beckham ****in sucks. I just want my management to show signs that they want to win :laugh:

That's funny, I remember watching a Yanks-White Sox game in Chicago where Hawk Harrelson said Cano was the second best 2nd baseman on the field that day. :laugh:

I gues this forearm injury Mo has means he wont be playing the 9th in the outfield tomorrow.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Still very scary if you think about negotiations if 305 over 10 is their starting point. So do they go with 250 over 10 years?!? That's still rediculous.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
thats the type of deals players of his caliber get in free agency.

So the team that has been getting smashed with luxury tax penalties and swears to get under the tax threshold is going to pay their 2nd baseman 25 million a year and commit to 10 more years while also getting absolutely burned by one of the more recent huge contracts that will be hurting them for years in terms of dollar per production.

Love Cano as a player, but you have to say no sometimes to throwing money at players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad