OT: 2012-13 MLB Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly I think he's just jealous that the Yankees got all the credit for uplifting the city after 9/11 because of the playoff run. But yeah it's pretty foolish to say something that has zero basis in fact.

Even if it was true so what...it's an argument you absolutely can't win regardless.

Well that is problem one with his statement and why he is a blowhard. I am pretty sure you are dead on that he thinks the Mets should of got more credit, but that is the problem. He wants credit for something you shouldn't get credit FOR. Not to mention he is flat out wrong too.

Buffoon

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Classy move by the Red Sox in Mariano's last appearance at Fenway. He pretty much has to retire after the treatment he's been getting this season.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Went to the O's/Yanks game on Thursday night and it was nice to see the treatment Mo got. I'm not a Yankees fan, but he's one player I respect immensely.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Mo wrote this in the Fenway bullpen last night

Mariano Rivera
Last to wear #42
Thank you for everything

marianosignsfenway02.jpg

MJB Devils23*

Hughes+Kennedy for Santanta

Regardless if we got CC or not this trade proposal always hurts me thinking about it.

Not really. Hughes was a huge part of the bullpen. And we also had Melky who contributed as well. Not to mention Hughes was hurt in 2009. We probably don't win that WS if we make that trade.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
This Metallica appearance is cracking me up haha. They seem so out of place at the Stadium.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Don't look now but Pettitte is throwing a gem. I won't say what else it is so far. Pitch count is a little high though.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
He hasn't been very good recently. 7.50 ERA, 12 hits, 2 walks in 6 innings in the month of September coming into today.

Over the past several years when given the chance to get the big out in big situations as a closer, he hasn't been able to get it done

Guy is fantastic as a middle man, but I'm not comfortable with him as a closer

MJB Devils23*

Over the past several years when given the chance to get the big out in big situations as a closer, he hasn't been able to get it done

Yea for some reason some reliever just can't close. :dunno:

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
That was one of the worst losses I've ever seen from the Yanks. This team is a disgrace to the franchise. I really wanted to throw up after Murphy made the last out. I couldn't believe they sent Andy out for the eighth with his pitch count over 100 and there has to be something physically wrong with Robertson. To have runners on 2nd and 3rd, one out in the 7th and with none out in the 8th and not score either time is sickening. Not only was today a brutal loss in Andy and Mo's final home game, but it pretty much guaranteed no wild card with Cleveland winning. It looks like the Yanks are gonna go back to the 80s for the next couple years. Thank God hockey season is about to start.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013

Yea for some reason some reliever just can't close. :dunno:

It's even weirder with Robertson because he's had amazing success in high leverage situations that weren't save situations, i.e. 2009 ALDS. Like I said though, there has to be something physically wrong with him right now. He's had an overnight decline in performance, starting with the last game in Baltimore when Sori robbed the home run and went on to give up a grand slam anyway.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That was one of the worst losses I've ever seen from the Yanks. This team is a disgrace to the franchise. I really wanted to throw up after Murphy made the last out. I couldn't believe they sent Andy out for the eighth with his pitch count over 100 and there has to be something physically wrong with Robertson. To have runners on 2nd and 3rd, one out in the 7th and with none out in the 8th and not score either time is sickening. Not only was today a brutal loss in Andy and Mo's final home game, but it pretty much guaranteed no wild card with Cleveland winning. It looks like the Yanks are gonna go back to the 80s for the next couple years. Thank God hockey season is about to start.

Pettitte had a 1 hitter going into the 8th and with the way the bullpen has pitched the last month+, why go to them only to be let down yet again, which ultimately wound up happening (yea Pettitte got the loss, but Robertson gave up the hit that scored the run)

Not being able to score on a team with a bottom ERA in baseball was poor as well

I hope if Robertson is the closer next year he proves me wrong, but I am not comfortable with him in that role

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Pettitte had a 1 hitter going into the 8th and with the way the bullpen has pitched the last month+, why go to them only to be let down yet again, which ultimately wound up happening (yea Pettitte got the loss, but Robertson gave up the hit that scored the run)

Not being able to score on a team with a bottom ERA in baseball was poor as well

I hope if Robertson is the closer next year he proves me wrong, but I am not comfortable with him in that role

First, I get what you're saying about the bullpen being brutal in September, but all season Andy has struggled to get outs after reaching the 100 pitch mark. The bottom of the 7th and 8th innings was the worst part for me though and I think we agree on that. As for Robertson closing next year, I don't think it's going to matter much. The front office has put this team in a bad hole that's going to take at least a few years to recover from. It's been well documented that Hal never wanted to take over for George and IMO it seems obvious that he has intentionally downgraded the team so he could minimize his investment in the team. I think the line from Slapshot is pretty fitting in the post boss era. "We were never anything but a rich broad's tax write off."

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How great the ceremony was (and it was great live) and how great Andy pitched, and Mo. They deserved better but this embarrassment of a team couldn't get a damn hit.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Today was a microcosm of the season for the Yanks. This year's Yankee team has been an embarrassment and it starts with Hal.

MJB Devils23*

Yikes man. No offense, but this is why Yankee fans are hated. A season where we're missing our 3rd baseman, shortstop, left fielder, first baseman, and have to use 2 backup catchers for most of the year, and still finish above .500 while somehow staying in the playoff race right until the end of the season makes this team a disgrace? Really? If anything, I like the way the team played.

Today was a microcosm of the season for the Yanks. This year's Yankee team has been an embarrassment and it starts with Hal.

Hank is the guy you want. Not Hal. Hank and Randy Levine are jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad