OT: 2012-13 MLB Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Really great baseball game

I cannot stand A-Rod, but it was satisfying to see him unload on that HR off Dempster because that really was silly stuff from his end, and I was glad to see Girardi and Gardner stick up for him - he is embarassing the team, the league, etc, but you gotta stick up for your teamates/player during something like that and thats the stuff I love in sports

madjoe.gif

Girardi to Dempster: "That's bush league, you ****ing pvssy" :laugh:
9543471792_a93acd9bcd_o.gif

Last edited:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Dempster's a clown. Couldn't stand him on the Cubs. I laughed for days after he gagged during game 1 of the NLCS in 08. He can't pitch in a big spot to save his life. I don't even like the Yankees or A-Rod but I was rooting for them after that trash.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Of course I was in international waters and missed this game.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yankees fan... Who is very against A Rod even playing right now but last night did for me instantly what the commentators were saying that it may do for the players. That one at bat instantly made me at least for now rally around A Rod. I stood up and was yelling at my tv like Girardi... I didnt throw any punched though :laugh:

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Really great baseball game

I cannot stand A-Rod, but it was satisfying to see him unload on that HR off Dempster because that really was silly stuff from his end, and I was glad to see Girardi and Gardner stick up for him - he is embarassing the team, the league, etc, but you gotta stick up for your teamates/player during something like that and thats the stuff I love in sports

madjoe.gif

Girardi to Dempster: "That's bush league, you ****ing pvssy" :laugh:
9543471792_a93acd9bcd_o.gif

Apparently according to someone who talked to him after the game it was because A-Rod snubbed Dempster in a public appearance? Hard to believe but if so then wow.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Apparently according to someone who talked to him after the game it was because A-Rod snubbed Dempster in a public appearance? Hard to believe but if so then wow.

Yea I just read that, either way, very silly time to do it and giving up the HR gave the Yankees all the energy they needed

Hopefully this incident will spark them to go on a nice run

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Joe nearly landed that right on the ump. :laugh:

Brett Gardner is my favorite non-Jeter/Rivera/Pettite Yankee at the moment. Love those scrappy guys.

Always been a fan of Gardner.

Definitely the right thing to do, and I want to see more of this Giradi (not the screaming like a manic part) but the passion man. This team needs passion!!!

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
My opinion on steroids in sports is different than most. While I don't agree with or condone them doing it. I understand why most do and I can't 100% blame them for it. When your making that sort of money and have kids chasing you willing to do your job for 1/8th as much I'm sure the pressure is enormous to keep your job.

Like I said I don't agree with it and I don't like it...but in most cases I can understand it.

MJB Devils23*

The Yankees are playing really well. Soriano's, A-Rod's, and Granderson's additions have made a difference.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Yankees are playing really well. Soriano's, A-Rod's, and Granderson's additions have made a difference.

They are, Soriano had made a huge difference (and is making things fun again). Cano has started to get hot too. Let's add Jeter to this mix and see if we can make a run at this thing. Tampa is slumping, good time to try and catch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad