OT: 2012-13 MLB Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
**** David Robertson

Was there yesterday. It was a great day for all right up until the time Robertson got on the mound. I hope they are searching for a closer because Mr high sox crumbles under pressure. Hold my breath every time he pitches. Will never be a closer.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Yikes man. No offense, but this is why Yankee fans are hated. A season where we're missing our 3rd baseman, shortstop, left fielder, first baseman, and have to use 2 backup catchers for most of the year, and still finish above .500 while somehow staying in the playoff race right until the end of the season makes this team a disgrace? Really? If anything, I like the way the team played.

Hank is the guy you want. Not Hal. Hank and Randy Levine are jokes.

Hank is just an idiot, Hal is worse because he just doesn't care. It's disgraceful because other than Granderson's injury everything that's happened to this team has been predictable. What did you think would happen when they let Martin for almost nothing by MLB standards and they replaced him with no one? Chris Stewart should not be an every day player. They also knew A-Rod was definitely going to miss significant time and that it was probable for Jeter but made no effort to have viable depth at either position. Instead we got to witness historically bad production from the likes of Nunez, Nix, Melky Mesa, et al. That's three different positions with predictable deficiencies where Levine and Hal handcuffed Cash and the end result was an offense that was so pathetic as to nullify what has been a very strong pitching staff.

Don't get me wrong, there are some bright spots from this year. Gardner has had a great season and I wouldn't have thought in a million years Nova would have matured the way he has so quickly. Rothschild and Girardi have done a great job as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: I forgot they did bring in Youkilis to play 3rd while I A-Rod was gone. That's a whole different problem with the front office.

Last edited:

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Was there yesterday. It was a great day for all right up until the time Robertson got on the mound. I hope they are searching for a closer because Mr high sox crumbles under pressure. Hold my breath every time he pitches. Will never be a closer.

The case of Robertson is weird. He used to be unbelievable under pressure. It can be a pretty slippery slope though when you get a little bit of doubt in your head.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Aside from the end, helluva game to be at

MJB Devils23*

Hank is just an idiot, Hal is worse because he just doesn't care. It's disgraceful because other than Granderson's injury everything that's happened to this team has been predictable. What did you think would happen when they let Martin for almost nothing by MLB standards and they replaced him with no one? Chris Stewart should not be an every day player. They also knew A-Rod was definitely going to miss significant time and that it was probable for Jeter but made no effort to have viable depth at either position. Instead we got to witness historically bad production from the likes of Nunez, Nix, Melky Mesa, et al. That's three different positions with predictable deficiencies where Levine and Hal handcuffed Cash and the end result was an offense that was so pathetic as to nullify what has been a very strong pitching staff.

Don't get me wrong, there are some bright spots from this year. Gardner has had a great season and I wouldn't have thought in a million years Nova would have matured the way he has so quickly. Rothschild and Girardi have done a great job as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: I forgot they did bring in Youkilis to play 3rd while I A-Rod was gone. That's a whole different problem with the front office.

Well one there was nobody in the free agent market. It was completely dry. Two, they want to get under the luxury tax threshold. There was nothing disgraceful or embarrassing about this team. Teams deal with star player injuries all the time without the ability to replace them. Why should the Yankees be any different. I do agree about Martin though. He should have been brought back.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013

The case of Robertson is weird. He used to be unbelievable under pressure. It can be a pretty slippery slope though when you get a little bit of doubt in your head.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Aside from the end, helluva game to be at

Yes it was one of those you never forget. I was able to get my daughter home from college and have both my kids there to see Mo's final game. I think my poor wife is still driving around in circles looking for a parking spot.:laugh:

MJB Devils23*

CC shut down for the rest of the season. Another nail in a nail filled coffin.

So was he pitching injured this year? The only explanation I can think of for his suckage.

Yes it was one of those you never forget. I was able to get my daughter home from college and have both my kids there to see Mo's final game. I think my poor wife is still driving around in circles looking for a parking spot.:laugh:

Never drive to Yankee Stadium. :laugh:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
So was he pitching injured this year? The only explanation I can think of for his suckage.

Never drive to Yankee Stadium. :laugh:

I always drive to the stadium never had that much trouble. I almost always get there early. Yesterday I was 1 1/2 hour early still got screwed.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
i wonder if it will be injuries, the umpires, or pure choking that gets the braves out in the first round this year. it's pure choking's turn in the rotation, but the injury list has been massive all year. we'll see

MJB Devils23*

Absolutely. This team has so many holes. Going to be a few years before they can sniff a World Series or even the playoffs at their rate.

I'm kind of hoping Jeter doesn't re-sign. They need to get younger and take on a new identity. I miss the late 90's teams a lot. No real superstars and a time that could just wear down pitchers.

I'm actually pleased with how they played this year though. It was a team of nothing but reclamation projects that ended up staying in playoff contention right until the very end which is better than I was expecting.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I'm kind of hoping Jeter doesn't re-sign. They need to get younger and take on a new identity. I miss the late 90's teams a lot. No real superstars and a time that could just wear down pitchers.

I'm actually pleased with how they played this year though. It was a team of nothing but reclamation projects that ended up staying in playoff contention right until the very end which is better than I was expecting.

I totally agree about being pleased where they finished with what they got. Shocking is the best way to describe it. Indians, Royals are even more shocking as to how good they've been of late.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
I totally agree about being pleased where they finished with what they got. Shocking is the best way to describe it. Indians, Royals are even more shocking as to how good they've been of late.

I grew up cheering for the Royals (and Expos RIP). They accomplished something I didn't think possible this year. They made me care about baseball again for the first time since 1994.

MJB Devils23*

Pirates as well. Tampa started a trend of historically bad teams becoming relevant.

I grew up cheering for the Royals (and Expos RIP). They accomplished something I didn't think possible this year. They made me care about baseball again for the first time since 1994.

It'll be a Royals vs Pirates World Series. Watch. :laugh:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 7m
Yankees 2B and free agent-to-be Robinson Cano is seeking a 10-year contract worth $305 MILLION this offseason. (via @Buster_ESPN)

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yankees 2B and free agent-to-be Robinson Cano is seeking a 10-year contract worth $305 MILLION this offseason. (via @Buster_ESPN)

Yankees definitely need him to be in the lineup but i say bye bye. Paying him 20 million a year would be my tops, just because they need him. 30 million as a starting point even in negotiations is rediculous. Hearing he hired Jay Z and his agency have me worries right off the bat.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

lol yea good luck.

who are the Yankees bidding against?

Boston has a 2B.
LA Angels are not going to give out big money contracts like that for ANOTHER offseason.
Philly has a 2B.
Dodgers, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad