2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

GenerallySpeaking88

Mar 19, 2022
Add Walker Doyle A/P Raiders
Sorry but respectfully would have to very strongly disagree. Doyle played on strong Clarington team pre covid and was a finisher. Was always chastised for work ethic and not being in shape. Multiple viewings last year , yes was a weak team that's taken into consideration, but play away from puck is not close to good enough and fitness big concern.
I don't personally see anyone from Raiders getting picked besides possibly Briar Dickson if has rebound season.

EtaViewer81

Aug 16, 2023
Exciting times as exhibition season is underway. I don't believe the streaming sites are up yet so haven't been able to watch all the ones I'd like.

Living in Whitby I've been able to see a handful this weekend. I was able to see Markham take on Clarington, Quinte vs Peterborough and Oshawa in York Simcoe Saturday

My takeaways

Markham vs Clarington in honestly only went to because I was visiting a friend in neighbouring Newcastle so thought I'd check it out.

Compared to limited viewings last year Markham looks slightly better. While they put up an 8-0 win I didn't see a ton of high end forward skill but definitely a team that will work very hard and frustrate some higher teams. I'd bet they get a few wins you wouldn't expect. Clarington on the other hand looked completely overwhelmed and to be honest disinterested. Could be a long long year. Will view Markham again soon to get better look of players to watch

Quinte visiting Peterborough I was excited for. I was told Peterborough dominated the week prior so was interested to see in person the response.

Unfortunately looked to be missing a couple guys that will be high picks on both teams. Noticed right away #66 Lemieux and #26 dagenais were out for Quinte. Both should be high picks . #27 Colin Fitzgerald was out for Pete's as well as newly acquired defenseman from Ottawa Voisey so that was a shame but at least left both teams seemingly starting from same spot.

Was a much more defensive game than anticipated. Ended 4-2 but with an empty net.

There was strong physicality a little sloppy at times but you can tell there is a lot of skill involved.

Few standouts from each team

Players who stood out from Quinte; Captain #67 Airhart, #77 Fournier, # 91 Ferguson, #10 Colson, #28 Campbell

Players from Pete's
#88 Cunningham , #14 Mitchell, #91 McMahon #8 Boyle #98 Kelly

Airhart and Ferguson had high end compete and battle level. Led the charge for Quinte in that respect. Airhart has high end skill and skates the luck well through neutral zone. For a high skill player loves tlay the body. Where as Ferguson finds his way to the dirty areas and scored from right infront. Like airhart loves to finish checks and had large shot block. Teammates love that type. When the other two are back will shuffle down lineup but ads an element others dont.
#77 was a stand out. Absolutely commanded the puck. He's an elite skater with a heavy, heavy shot. Navigates the blue line very impressively especially on the PP. Will be a difference maker.
Colson is an intriguing player. Plays a gritty old school style but can lead a rush and hop into the play , a hybrid of sorts that will fit this team style.
Liam Campbell is very crafty, deceptive with the puck. Very patient doesn't force things and makes the right plays

Cunningham was one of my favourite players to watch last year. High end skill player who plays with an edge. Had a great shot but is also deceptive and makes others around him better. Looks better each viewing
Mitchell is an elite level skating defenseman. Fantastic edge work is a one man zone entry and has the puck on a string .
Owen Kelly there is something intriguing. Have seen games where he's quiet but today was constantly in the play. Physical presence with a Quick release and deceptively quick skater
#91 McMahon is a stand out for size alone. Strong as any player in the league but she's his reach and angles much better than last year and is a physical player who imposed his will
#8 Boyle is just always buzzing around the play. Acceleration is ahead of peers, always on the right side of the play and wins his battles. Huge add for Peterborough

Oshawa visiting Yse
St Andrews is always a treat of a venue to watch a game. Oshawa came out strong but may have over achieved a little early as York Simcoe came storming back. Oshawa does look improved from last year should battle the top teams tough
York Simcoe is just fun to watch. Super talented but play with structure and accuracy. The fact they have two other high end players joining makes them scary.
Standouts on Oshawa Monk, Nettleton, Barton, Longo
Standouts for YSE Halloran, Anselmo, McFarlane, Cartwright

Monk scored two goals for Oshawa . Seems to have a great finishing touch around the net that Oshawa needs. Gets his shot off quick

Barton I believe played f and d. Biggest kid on the ice and also maybe the fastest. That's a dangerous convo for a kid with a mean streak .

Longo there was just something about his game. Nothing fancy but a hard worker who tracks puck's well and battles

Nettleton has the tools to be a top 3 round pick. Fantastic skater with an edge and a mean streak. Has a bomb from the point and fires passes on the tape hard but accurate

Halloran is a fun player to watch. Fantastic hands, creative vision, physical edge, and incredible edgework as shown losing Oshawa dman on GWG

Anselmo is a big tangy forward with a great shot and above average speed for a big man . Always seems to be in the right spot and that's not an accident.

McFarlane is fun to watch. Loves to jump up into the rush can shoot the puck quick and accurately and punishing when laying the body

Cartwright always smart , steady, advances the puck well, skates well up ice, pucks on net and makes the smart plays.

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
Exciting times as exhibition season is underway. I don't believe the streaming sites are up yet so haven't been able to watch all the ones I'd like.

Living in Whitby I've been able to see a handful this weekend. I was able to see Markham take on Clarington, Quinte vs Peterborough and Oshawa in York Simcoe Saturday

My takeaways

Markham vs Clarington in honestly only went to because I was visiting a friend in neighbouring Newcastle so thought I'd check it out.

Compared to limited viewings last year Markham looks slightly better. While they put up an 8-0 win I didn't see a ton of high end forward skill but definitely a team that will work very hard and frustrate some higher teams. I'd bet they get a few wins you wouldn't expect. Clarington on the other hand looked completely overwhelmed and to be honest disinterested. Could be a long long year. Will view Markham again soon to get better look of players to watch

Quinte visiting Peterborough I was excited for. I was told Peterborough dominated the week prior so was interested to see in person the response.

Unfortunately looked to be missing a couple guys that will be high picks on both teams. Noticed right away #66 Lemieux and #26 dagenais were out for Quinte. Both should be high picks . #27 Colin Fitzgerald was out for Pete's as well as newly acquired defenseman from Ottawa Voisey so that was a shame but at least left both teams seemingly starting from same spot.

Was a much more defensive game than anticipated. Ended 4-2 but with an empty net.

There was strong physicality a little sloppy at times but you can tell there is a lot of skill involved.

Few standouts from each team

Players who stood out from Quinte; Captain #67 Airhart, #77 Fournier, # 91 Ferguson, #10 Colson, #28 Campbell

Players from Pete's
#88 Cunningham , #14 Mitchell, #91 McMahon #8 Boyle #98 Kelly

Airhart and Ferguson had high end compete and battle level. Led the charge for Quinte in that respect. Airhart has high end skill and skates the luck well through neutral zone. For a high skill player loves tlay the body. Where as Ferguson finds his way to the dirty areas and scored from right infront. Like airhart loves to finish checks and had large shot block. Teammates love that type. When the other two are back will shuffle down lineup but ads an element others dont.
#77 was a stand out. Absolutely commanded the puck. He's an elite skater with a heavy, heavy shot. Navigates the blue line very impressively especially on the PP. Will be a difference maker.
Colson is an intriguing player. Plays a gritty old school style but can lead a rush and hop into the play , a hybrid of sorts that will fit this team style.
Liam Campbell is very crafty, deceptive with the puck. Very patient doesn't force things and makes the right plays

Cunningham was one of my favourite players to watch last year. High end skill player who plays with an edge. Had a great shot but is also deceptive and makes others around him better. Looks better each viewing
Mitchell is an elite level skating defenseman. Fantastic edge work is a one man zone entry and has the puck on a string .
Owen Kelly there is something intriguing. Have seen games where he's quiet but today was constantly in the play. Physical presence with a Quick release and deceptively quick skater
#91 McMahon is a stand out for size alone. Strong as any player in the league but she's his reach and angles much better than last year and is a physical player who imposed his will
#8 Boyle is just always buzzing around the play. Acceleration is ahead of peers, always on the right side of the play and wins his battles. Huge add for Peterborough

Oshawa visiting Yse
St Andrews is always a treat of a venue to watch a game. Oshawa came out strong but may have over achieved a little early as York Simcoe came storming back. Oshawa does look improved from last year should battle the top teams tough
York Simcoe is just fun to watch. Super talented but play with structure and accuracy. The fact they have two other high end players joining makes them scary.
Standouts on Oshawa Monk, Nettleton, Barton, Longo
Standouts for YSE Halloran, Anselmo, McFarlane, Cartwright

Monk scored two goals for Oshawa . Seems to have a great finishing touch around the net that Oshawa needs. Gets his shot off quick

Barton I believe played f and d. Biggest kid on the ice and also maybe the fastest. That's a dangerous convo for a kid with a mean streak .

Longo there was just something about his game. Nothing fancy but a hard worker who tracks puck's well and battles

Nettleton has the tools to be a top 3 round pick. Fantastic skater with an edge and a mean streak. Has a bomb from the point and fires passes on the tape hard but accurate

Halloran is a fun player to watch. Fantastic hands, creative vision, physical edge, and incredible edgework as shown losing Oshawa dman on GWG

Anselmo is a big tangy forward with a great shot and above average speed for a big man . Always seems to be in the right spot and that's not an accident.

McFarlane is fun to watch. Loves to jump up into the rush can shoot the puck quick and accurately and punishing when laying the body

Cartwright always smart , steady, advances the puck well, skates well up ice, pucks on net and makes the smart plays.
Being at the game for YSE vs Gens.
Gens
Monk dominated and looked good. His accuracy and power for his shot is elite.
Longo- Has terrific hockey sense and sees the game well. Captain for the last two years I believe with this group. He comes from a hockey family as his brother plays OJ also.
YSE
Morgan- On YSE he is one of the top guy and skates flawlessly. Can see the ice well to make great passes and seizes opportunities to skate.
Anselmo- Big player with a great shot. Foot speed needs work, but has some soft hands as well.
Honourable mentions
Roberts- YSE
Jeremiah D’ornellas- Gens

EtaViewer81

Aug 16, 2023
I've tried to get a good read on the whole division before the season starts with tournaments. I've seen about half the league play recently between summer and exhibition games. I also have two friends who are high end agents not these "advisors" that are in business for themselves. I generally don't speak about their clients with them and they are quite honest about the rest of the league. Here are a few notes and consensus of where they will finish in standings

Barrie Colts- Got their players all in. Max Dube left to go play in the USA however more than enough power came up to them. Look to already be rolling in exhibition expect them to be a powerhouse.

Tournament watch list
Mclean, Hawery, Amidovski, Patton, Dennes, Gowan, Arnett, goupil, Greer, shaubel, chittoroni
Basically the whole team

York Simcoe- one of the best programs in U16 every year this should be no exception. Lost one too end players but it sounds like they've got capable replacements coming in. Should be well structured and score.
Tournament watch list
Halloran, Anselmo, Kerr, MacFarlane, Morgan, Cartwright , Kearns, Elliot, Ellsworth, Roberts

Peterborough Pete's- A too end team already that seems to have improved on paper . The rest of the league has been closing the gap since this team was formed but they've fought to stay on top. Asked a few agent friends multiple questions on this team. Consensus is team has been 90% the same over couple years. Players buying into their roles will be key to success but sounds like good locker room. Fitzgerald will emerge as the leader
Tournament watch list
Fitzgerald, Cunningham, Mace, Mitchell, Voisey, McMahon, Boyle, Buttar

Quinte - Should be fun to watch. Brought in a highly talented core from Kingston to add to a few remaining Red Devil and a couple adds. Much more grit and complete game than Kingston had. This is one I had some questions to some agents especially about chemistry and how they fit. From what I've heard it was described as "extremely close " and will get stronger as year goes.
Tournament watch list
Dagenais, Desgagne, Lemieux, Airhart, Campbell, Ferguson, Colson, Fournier, Lesser

Whitby - Was definition of consistency last year. Let two good players go but brought in two from Kingston that bring something different it seems. Have heard coach Bollers from Team Ontario will take a larger role this year.
Tournament watch list
Carter, weatherup, Kennedy, Huinik, Taylor , Kelly

Oshawa - has been upper mid pack for years now. Look for them to stay around the same spot. Made upgrades in goaltending and on the back end bringing in Noah Barton to fill out the back end . Team has struggled with goal scoring aside from very talented Layne Gallacher. Adding in Monk should help with that and after my viewing Saturday Monk definitely should help.
Tournament watch list
Gallacher, Monk, Nettleton, Barton, Petrova

Markham- Not many notes to change from after tryouts. Solid team top to bottom will battle hard but not anyone who will take charge offensively.
Tournament watch list
Gardiner, Massoti,

NCP- Lost too forward Cali from.mastbyeae but brought in a fantastic add in goal in Cowan. Will be similar to Markham, tough to play against but struggle offensively
Tournament watch list
Cowan, Thomas , Tulk

Cow- Not alot of chatter knowledge in this group. Seem to have brought in alot of ex Oshawa cuts as upgrades over team that struggled last year. Should score a little more this year but back end and goaltending could be a struggle
Tournament watch list
Turner

Kingston- will be a huge step back from last year. Everyone I've talked to that is familiar though has said the same thing, they will be extremely well coached and structured. Will need big goals from the skill they do have
Tournament watch list
Foley, Kenney, Gee,

Ajax-pickering- Will be searching for an identity. A new AAA coach and from what agents have time me , lots of behind the scenes drama and issues. "Gthl type problems " is how it was described to me . Not alot of promise there unfortunately
Tournament watch list
Dickson, Marsh

Clarington - Unfortunately the early predictions seem true from what I saw on the game vs Markham. Can't blame the players there may be no true AAA caliber players there and from what I can tell an all parent staff. Will be a long long year .

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Having coached against Chitaroni, I can confirm he probably isn't up to Exceptional Status this year, but you never know. I can say however, that apart from Blonda and Rossetto who are both probably top 10 picks this year, Chitaroni was the third man on that team. Would take him over Elliot and MacDonald despite the 1 year difference.

Hats off to him to apply, I say go for it, but I'm not sure we'll see him accepted. Either way, I think he's a top 3-5 guy for his respective class.
I would agree with this assessment. I'd say he was #3 for sure.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Watched NCP vs Grey Bruce tonight. Great hockey is back!

5-2 win for NCP.

Grey Bruce has some great pieces:

Dylan Rousselle
Ryan Cranny
Graydon Mcknight

All had strong games

NCP:
Cowan looked calm and poised in net.

Brody Tulk
Gavin Loughran
Lewis Heergaarden
Ryder Thomas

All had strong games. For exhibition it was fast, both teams played heavy.

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
Titans tournament coming up.
I got Vaughn going far with Hage, Nyman, and Vaughn leading the way.
Barrie could go far if they get some chemistry going.
Have to think JRC is going to have a good showing.

My underdog team is Majors. Hopefully they got some improvement from last season. Having Wasslyn there should be interesting

Petey3329

May 27, 2008

My underdog team is Majors. Hopefully they got some improvement from last season. Having Wasslyn there should be interesting
They picked up Ryder Cali in the off season. He’s a great addition. Will be nice seeing him and Wassilyn playing with eachother. I could see him surprising a few people with there first few views of him.

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
They picked up Ryder Cali in the off season. He’s a great addition. Will be nice seeing him and Wassilyn playing with eachother. I could see him surprising a few people with there first few views of him.
1000% he is big and has wants to win. He has a crazy amount of potential and he works hard which is great to see especially in the GTHL where some only care about themselves

member 344123

They got a solid Core
Wassilyn, Cali, and a great player from the west.

Clarke on the back end. Will be fun to watch.

member 344123

Great first Day for titans Tournament.

Vaughan looked dominant over Burlington. Michael D’ Alessio on the back end, looked confident, strong, and smooth. Will be a fun player to watch. Di Orio-Arguably Vaughans top player, very skilled and moves puck very well. Team fun to watch, always in sync and on the same page.

Burlington-Nothing really there.

JRC looked Dominant over The reps, Nei-is a top forward, strong, reads and reacts to the play very well. First round candidate for sure.

Wasn’t much to look at on the reps.

YSE couldn’t score against the Waxers, they looked dominant, but couldn’t find the back of the net. One of those nights. Bryson Morgan, strong op the middle. Good hockey IQ, needs to work on skating. Holloran he’s best player by far on YSE.

Majors looked dominant over Ajax. Wassilyn 5 goals, generational talent, very skilled, looked like a man amongst boys.
Niece Offensively gifted on the back end. Always in on the action.
Clarke on the back end looked very solid, one of the best D in this age group in his own end. Going to be a big time player in the coming years, top 3 round potential for him.

Guelph looked strong physically! Hard on pucks, finish checks, bread and butter hockey team. Della-Croce and wozney up front looked great, they will do well in the OMHA this season.

Reactions: Gondrex

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Alliance rosters can be found here:

East and SCTA rosters can be found here:

Michigan (MAHA) rosters can be found here:

Other American team rosters can be found here:

Hockey Academy team rosters can be found here:

Haven't been able to find any HEO or GTHL or NOHA rosters yet.

Dickie D

Mar 1, 2002
Ottawa/Brockville, ON
Visit site
Alliance rosters can be found here:

East and SCTA rosters can be found here:

Michigan (MAHA) rosters can be found here:

Other American team rosters can be found here:

Hockey Academy team rosters can be found here:

Haven't been able to find any HEO or GTHL or NOHA rosters yet.
is it just me or when I click on every team's roster page it says this is either empty or private?

I have most of the rosters, except Hamilton Steel, Toronto Marlboros, Toronto Nationals, Toronto Jr Canadiens, Whitby Wildcats, Peterborough Petes, Don Mills Flyers and Markham Majors... it's just so far I didn't see guys like Jacob Xu, Adam Valentini, Matthew Rotter etc on rosters I have and was wondering if they are playing up or maybe changed teams... I'm sure rosters will be more clear as the titans earlybird tournament updates their site.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I dunno, I can see Whitby but not Peterborough.

Whitby

14 D RHYS HUININK
16 D CODY WOOD
18 D DARIO FURLAN
24 D EVAN BARRETT
74 D COOPER KELLY
93 D KADEN KING
9 F JALEN CARTER
10 F HAYDEN ADDISON
22 F CJ KENNEDY
27 F CARTER BYRNE
84 F XAVIER BENYAH
86 F REGGIE TAYLOR
88 F CHRISTIAN CLANCY
89 F XAVIER GOUSSIS
90 F MAX WETHERUP
91 F DAYNE DERUCHIE
1 G ARVIN JASWAL
31 G CALEB BOILEAU

Dickie D

Mar 1, 2002
Ottawa/Brockville, ON
Visit site
I dunno, I can see Whitby but not Peterborough.

Whitby

14 D RHYS HUININK
16 D CODY WOOD
18 D DARIO FURLAN
24 D EVAN BARRETT
74 D COOPER KELLY
93 D KADEN KING
9 F JALEN CARTER
10 F HAYDEN ADDISON
22 F CJ KENNEDY
27 F CARTER BYRNE
84 F XAVIER BENYAH
86 F REGGIE TAYLOR
88 F CHRISTIAN CLANCY
89 F XAVIER GOUSSIS
90 F MAX WETHERUP
91 F DAYNE DERUCHIE
1 G ARVIN JASWAL
31 G CALEB BOILEAU
thank you

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’d just like to say, it’s so refreshing to see how many new names there are in this thread, sharing their thoughts.

It’s been a few years of these threads and this is the most active I’ve ever seen it. This is one of my favourite threads to visit and contribute to every year and I’m sure I’m not the only one - and to see it be as active as it has been before the season has even fully gotten under way brings a smile to my face. Please continue your contributions - because they DO NOT go on deaf ears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad