2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Does anyone have a list of players to watch for for this weekends tournament? I might try and catch a few games
I don't have a lot of names for you but four teams to watch out for are Barrie, Elgin-Middlesex, the Toronto Titans, and the York-Simcoe Express. Elgin-Middlesex was the top team in the Alliance last year at the U15 level. Barrie has a lot of talent including Nathan Amidovski, Logan Hawery, Alex McLean, and Troy Patton. Toronto and York-Simcoe both made it to the round of 16 in a very strong field at the Toronto Titans tournament last week

Reactions: Tryblot

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Ethan dean and carter hicks on ljk, as well as Parker Vaughan on elgin he is the best player in alliance and it’s not even close
I coached Ethan for his first season of hockey at 5yrs old. Great kid and I am happy to see the success he is having.

bmoorescout

Sep 27, 2023
I coached Ethan for his first season of hockey at 5yrs old. Great kid and I am happy to see the success he is having.
He is an all around player but lacks in scoring if he could score consistently he would be talked about more

Reactions: Matt93

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Not even funny what the Barrie Colts are doing through round robin play. Outscored there opponents 35-2 so far through 4 games.

Side note - I noticed a James Elliot playing on the Barrie roster? Is this the same Elliot that played in the Soo last year? I thought he was playing for YSE? Shows he played only 2 games at Titans Tournament for YSE. Now listed and playing for Barrie in London.

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
Not even funny what the Barrie Colts are doing through round robin play. Outscored there opponents 35-2 so far through 4 games.

Side note - I noticed a James Elliot playing on the Barrie roster? Is this the same Elliot that played in the Soo last year? I thought he was playing for YSE? Shows he played only 2 games at Titans Tournament for YSE. Now listed and playing for Barrie in London.
Couldn’t get his papers for YSE. Went to Barrie instead. They are only scratching the surface with him now as well.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
He is an all around player but lacks in scoring if he could score consistently he would be talked about more
He has 3G 3A in 4 games in the tournament. Maybe he has found his scoring touch. haha

Another player I coached when he was very young is Seth Coomber. He has 1G 4A in 4 games

I will be heading to this afternoons game to watch.

bmoorescout

Sep 27, 2023
He has 3G 3A in 4 games in the tournament. Maybe he has found his scoring touch. haha

Another player I coached when he was very young is Seth Coomber. He has 1G 4A in 4 games

I will be heading to this afternoons game to watch.
He has found his scoring touch I guess wow he’s probably getting the attention of the scouts now

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Couldn’t get his papers for YSE. Went to Barrie instead. They are only scratching the surface with him now as well.
Sorry, having a hard time understanding this one. Couldn't get his papers for YSE but could for Barrie? Also shows him as playing a few games for YSE at the Titans Tournament. Were they playing an illegal player?

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
Sorry, having a hard time understanding this one. Couldn't get his papers for YSE but could for Barrie? Also shows him as playing a few games for YSE at the Titans Tournament. Were they playing an illegal player?
No he never played for YSE at all. He played for Barrie at the Titans tourney. Whole situation was odd with him having his pants and gloves already to go for Barrie, meanwhile he was on YSE still 2-3 days before that tournament. Not sure why he could go to Barrie and not YSE, he also might’ve switched last second though

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
No he never played for YSE at all. He played for Barrie at the Titans tourney. Whole situation was odd with him having his pants and gloves already to go for Barrie, meanwhile he was on YSE still 2-3 days before that tournament. Not sure why he could go to Barrie and not YSE, he also might’ve switched last second though
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Titans website shows him as suiting up for 2 games with YSE, though that website was a disaster all tournament.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Wendy Dufton final is set. Elgin Middlesex vs. Barrie at 8PM tonight. The two top point producers of the tournament, Parker Vaughan (EMC, 19 PTS) and Alex McLean (Barrie, 17 PTS) square off

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
The powerhouse Colts take the final 6-3.

McClean with a 4 point effort to end up leading the tournament in points, 21 in 8 games.

Have to say, I had higher expectations than what I've seen from Hawery so far this year.

bmoorescout

Sep 27, 2023
Wendy Dufton final is set. Elgin Middlesex vs. Barrie at 8PM tonight. The two top point producers of the tournament, Parker Vaughan (EMC, 19 PTS) and Alex McLean (Barrie, 17 PTS) square off
Barrie just overpowered Elgin. Hawery and McLean were skating circles around the Canucks defence. Especially on the powerplay they never lost possession and scored on every chance they had.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

HolyRoller

Feb 1, 2010
Barrie just overpowered Elgin. Hawery and McLean were skating circles around the Canucks defence. Especially on the powerplay they never lost possession and scored on every chance they had.
So they only had 6 scoring chances?

If thats the cases, I'd say EMC defense acquitted themselves quite well.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
The powerhouse Colts take the final 6-3.

McClean with a 4 point effort to end up leading the tournament in points, 21 in 8 games.

Have to say, I had higher expectations than what I've seen from Hawery so far this year.
I think with Hawery you can’t really stay watch (not saying you are doing that) but his game is much more then points.

He’s a great two way player, physical and very intelligent. He opens up a lot of ice for the players on his line. I’ve been lucky enough to watch him over the past few years. I think he will develop into a good OHL player with some pro upside. The season is just starting I would be more interested to see how he is come December.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He’s a great two way player, physical and very intelligent. He opens up a lot of ice for the players on his line. I’ve been lucky enough to watch him over the past few years. I think he will develop into a good OHL player with some pro upside. The season is just starting I would be more interested to see how he is come December.
Agreed, I just expected that with his experience at this level from last year, he'd be absolutely dominant, especially to start the season.

Also agree on pro upside. He has a mature game.

bmoorescout

Sep 27, 2023
I think with Hawery you can’t really stay watch (not saying you are doing that) but his game is much more then points.

Hawery isn’t scared to hit either he rocked Vaughan on a reserve hit. His hockey IQ is unmatched some of the passes he made Sunday night were unreal, can’t wait to see him suit up in the OHL

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Hawery isn’t scared to hit either he rocked Vaughan on a reserve hit. His hockey IQ is unmatched some of the passes he made Sunday night were unreal, can’t wait to see him suit up in the OHL
Agreed I watched him in the U16 loop last season and he embraced physical play. I really like his game, he’s much more then a scorer. Makes his line mates better. I wouldn’t put too much into his stats even though he’s well over a point a game. He just does everything right.

Reactions: bmoorescout

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
Anyone have an updated Top 10 after a few weeks of play? Surprises? Disappointments?
How many first-round picks for Barrie? I think they might have three or four alone. They also have a few D who are solid. They just destroyed the competition and it is still October.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
When does Barrie get to play Marlies, JRC, North York and Vaughan? Kind of bowed out early in the Titans elimination round before getting to play any of them.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Sept 25 Toronto Titans Early Bird
Oct 5 London Wendy Dufton Memorial
Oct 27 Greater Kingston Fall Bash - weak field
Oct 27 Detroit Little Caesars Invite
Nov 3 Chicago CCM World Invite - weak field
Nov 23 Whitby International Silver Stick Finals
Nov 24 Kitchener Blueline - weak field
Dec 8 Waterloo Gold Puck
Dec 27 Toronto Marlboros International Holiday Classic
Jan 18 Peterborough Steve Richey Tournament of Champions

Are there any other big tournaments I missed for this age group that will have a pretty good field?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad