2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

winnerskull

Jan 3, 2017
The titans tournament used to be in Early September. Now it is 1 week before the London Tournament so some teams only play 1 of the 2 instead of both. Both are early bird tournaments anyways

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think the new hockey canada player pathway only allows one early bird tournament.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
A few more names worth considering to add to the list...

Ryan Kaminker - Defenseman
Jacob Xu - Defenseman
Justin Anselmo - Forward
Nicholas Figliomeni - Forward
Gavin Betts - Goalie
William Camputaro - Goalie

EtaViewer81

Aug 16, 2023
I've been watching this age group pretty closely since covid for the Eta (omha east now). Specifically last year as I was scouting the 07s for my actual Job I figured it was a great time to really focus on the 08s.
I live in Durham Region so focused solely on the ETA but can say I saw every team at least two viewings including tournaments.
This is my beginners guide the the 08 u16 season in alphabetical order not order in which I think they will finish.
My method is to mention the team, what their strengths are then when it comes to draftees I list Will be drafted / likely to get a shot

AJAX RAIDERS
Team strength TBD
Draftee players
None in the will get drafted group , possible include Henry Wang, Briar Dickson

BARRIE COLT
Team strengths:
A juggernaut. Should be mandatory viewing

Draftee players
Maxim dube, Logan hawery, Nathan amidovski, Alex McLean, Kent Greer, Blake Gowan / Troy Patton Josh Denes

CLARINGTON
Open borders killed this team. Noone to watch here unfortunately.

COW
Good team composition, improved this year.
No sure fire picks..on distant radar Jag Turner

NCP
Will need more viewings of the new group together. Losing best player hurt but were a solid defensive team. Will struggle to score
No sure picks / Larmon, Cowan

KINGSTON
Big step back from last year but seem to have acquired some decent pieces. Will need to play team game to compete.
Jack Foley, Graham Gee/ Dax Kenney

MARKHAM
Has always played a team game and over last Two years while not winning alot have always competed hard.
No sure fire picks possibly a F

OSHAWA
Won't let many goals against. For the first time in years could have three relatively high picks. Were never an easy team to play against and got stronger. Not too many changes so shouldn't take much adjusting.
Tanner Nettleton, Layne Gallacher, Noah Barton/ Ethan mcleish, Chase Petrova, Cam Monk

PETERBOROUGH
The team to beat the last couple years. Maybe only passed by Barrie and should stay ahead of YSE. Will have a good amount of picks possibly high!
Kale Mace, Brayden Boyle, Ryland Cunningham, Colin Fitzgerald, Caleb Mitchell, Jacob Mcmahon , Voisey will all be drafted/ Owen Kelly, Morgan Hydeman

QUINTE
Will score alot of goals and will be must watch. Loads of talent and they will also play a mean style
JC Lemieux, Dagenais, Desgagne, Matthew Airhart, Liam Campbell, Noah Lesser / Lucas Ferguson , Rhett Colson

WHITBY
Well coached and seem to always play within the system. Should take another step this year. Fast team who also doesn't mine playing mean. Will kill you on PP
Could contend for the 4th spot

Jalen Carter, Max weatherup , Rhys Huinik / Cooper Kelly, CJ Kennedy, Arvin Jaswall

YSE
Consistent, winning culture.
Along with Peterborough and Barrie should fight for the top
Well coached, loads of skill, and disciplined.
Bryson Morgan, Liam Kerr, Jackson Halloran, Tucker Robert's, Finn Kearns , Colin Ellsworth should all be drafted / Justin Anselmo, Ian Robinson

Further to My above post this is only from what I've viewed specifically last year, as well as watched Wyc Philly in person, Wsi Nashville Online and King of the rings in person last weekend. Things can definitely change and I hope the players can enjoy the year and more importantly the parents can let the kids enjoy.

I've been watching Minor Midget /U16 for almost twenty years it's great hockey. I plan to contribute more throughout the year as the season starts and things inevitably change.
Cheers

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I've been watching this age group pretty closely since covid for the Eta (omha east now). Specifically last year as I was scouting the 07s for my actual Job I figured it was a great time to really focus on the 08s.
I live in Durham Region so focused solely on the ETA but can say I saw every team at least two viewings including tournaments.
This is my beginners guide the the 08 u16 season in alphabetical order not order in which I think they will finish.
My method is to mention the team, what their strengths are then when it comes to draftees I list Will be drafted / likely to get a shot

AJAX RAIDERS
Team strength TBD
Draftee players

BARRIE COLT
Team strengths:

Draftee players
Maxim dube, Logan hawery, Nathan amidovski, Alex McLean, Kent Greer, Blake Gowan / Troy Patton Josh Denes

CLARINGTON

COW

NCP
Will need more viewings of the new group together. Losing best player hurt but were a solid defensive team. Will struggle to score

KINGSTON
Big step back from last year but seem to have acquired some decent pieces. Will need to play team game to compete.

MARKHAM
Has always played a team game and over last Two years while not winning alot have always competed hard.

OSHAWA
Won't let many goals against. For the first time in years could have three relatively high picks. Were never an easy team to play against and got stronger. Not too many changes so shouldn't take much adjusting.
Tanner Nettleton, Layne Gallacher, Noah Barton/ Ethan mcleish, Chase Petrova, Cam Monk

PETERBOROUGH
The team to beat the last couple years. Maybe only passed by Barrie and should stay ahead of YSE. Will have a good amount of picks possibly high!
Kale Mace, Brayden Boyle, Ryland Cunningham, Colin Fitzgerald, Caleb Mitchell, Jacob Mcmahon , Voisey will all be drafted/ Owen Kelly, Morgan Hydeman

QUINTE
Will score alot of goals and will be must watch. Loads of talent and they will also play a mean style
JC Lemieux, Dagenais, Desgagne, Matthew Airhart, Liam Campbell, Noah Lesser / Lucas Ferguson , Rhett Colson

WHITBY
Well coached and seem to always play within the system. Should take another step this year. Fast team who also doesn't mine playing mean. Will kill you on PP

Jalen Carter, Max weatherup , Rhys Huinik / Cooper Kelly, CJ Kennedy, Arvin Jaswall

YSE
Bryson Morgan, Liam Kerr, Jackson Halloran, Tucker Robert's, Finn Kearns , Colin Ellsworth should all be drafted / Justin Anselmo, Ian Robinson

Further to My above post this is only from what I've viewed specifically last year, as well as watched Wyc Philly in person, Wsi Nashville Online and King of the rings in person last weekend. Things can definitely change and I hope the players can enjoy the year and more importantly the parents can let the kids enjoy.

I've been watching Minor Midget /U16 for almost twenty years it's great hockey. I plan to contribute more throughout the year as the season starts and things inevitably change.
Cheers
Fantastic post, glad to have you on board and hope you continue to contribute!

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023

AJAX RAIDERS
Team strength TBD
Draftee players

BARRIE COLT
Team strengths:

Draftee players

CLARINGTON

COW

NCP

KINGSTON

MARKHAM

OSHAWA

PETERBOROUGH

QUINTE

WHITBY

YSE

Cheers
Just heard tonight, Barrie is finding it difficult with the imports from Sue and Ottawa. They have been rejected three times apparently😳

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Just heard tonight, Barrie is finding it difficult with the imports from Sue and Ottawa. They have been rejected three times apparently😳
Which players from the Soo? I only know of 2 that went to Barrie (one from Sudbury actually) and both had moved to the area so shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure on the Ottawa players.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Has anyone been following any Northern Ontario players other than Soo players ?
Who are you looking for info on?

Honestly, not much talent on the U16 Sudbury Wolves AAA team, they will struggle mightily when competing down South. Most interesting fact about that team is having 2 female goalies. I've never seen that at the Minor Midget AAA level.

Perhaps Logan Rivard who played for U18 AAA New Liskard last year and put up almost PPG (26 in 28). Not sure where he's plying this year, but he would benefit greatly from getting away from the GNML.

Most of the other talent from Northern Ontario has moved to other teams throughout Southern Ontario and elsewhere.

Gchiasson

Sep 4, 2023
The Sudbury U16 team is fine. They played the Soo a lot throughout the season and had a bad track record mostly thanks to that.

Of the North, I'd keep an eye on Liam Major, Maverick Hill and Logan Rivard out of New Liskeard
Edan Etheridge out of Timmins
Mason Walker, Jameson Fabbro, Ashton Pitawanakwat, Dawson Morris, and Kalia Pharand out of Sudbury
Carson Ruddy and Samuel Rivet in North Bay
Danny MacDonald out of the Soo.

Those are the bigger names to look out for throughout the season.

Reactions: Bosten

Gchiasson

Sep 4, 2023
Also, of the North, here's who I have written down that has left to play elsewhere.

Liam Major - Grey-Bruce Highlanders
Mateo Beites - Barrie
Cameron Ingram - JRC
Dalton Hoornstra - Fox Motors
Dylan Rouselle - Mississauga Reps or Mississauga Rebels
Ryker Young - Barrie
Luca Blonda - Pittsburgh Penguins Elite
Aiden Atkinson - Halton
Brock Chitaroni (09) - Barrie U16
James Elliot - YSE
Nik Rosetto - Pittsburgh Penguins Elite

Reactions: HockeyPops

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Also, of the North, here's who I have written down that has left to play elsewhere.

Liam Major - Grey-Bruce Highlanders
Mateo Beites - Barrie
Cameron Ingram - JRC
Dalton Hoornstra - Fox Motors
Dylan Rouselle - Mississauga Reps or Mississauga Rebels
Ryker Young - Barrie
Luca Blonda - Pittsburgh Penguins Elite
Aiden Atkinson - Halton
Brock Chitaroni (09) - Barrie U16
James Elliot - YSE
Nik Rosetto - Pittsburgh Penguins Elite
Dylan Roussell went to Grey Bruce, not Mississauga.

Martin Brassard to the QRD.

member 344123

Very talented crop of players in this age group. Right now Braidy Wassilyn is #1. He’s an elite goal scorer, easy learner, and can play with anyone, as well as elevate everyone’s game he plays with. Could have easily challenged for exceptional status last season if he chose to play up full time. Another year of development never hurts either.

Alex McLean, Adam Valentini, and Beckham Edwards, are all top 5 potentials.

However as we all know, there will be some surprises, late bloomers, some players that will plateau, and some that will sore.

Will be a fun season.

Will share some D that are very high on the radar, and there identity according to many.

Gchiasson

Sep 4, 2023
Brock Chitaroni (09) is on Barrie's U16 team this szn. Also hearing he might be applying for exceptional status. We'll see

Reactions: arhockey

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Brock Chitaroni (09) is on Barrie's U16 team this szn. Also hearing he might be applying for exceptional status. We'll see
I don't see exceptional status with Chitaroni.

Good player, yes, but he wasn't the best on the 08' Soo team last year, probably 4th/5th. Rossetto, Blonda, Elliott, MacDonald all better last year, IMO.

He'll be on a stacked Barrie team this year and I just don't see him standing out to the point of getting ES.

Reactions: HockeyPops

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Good player, yes, but he wasn't the best on the 08' Soo team last year, probably 4th/5th. Rossetto, Blonda, Elliott, MacDonald all better last year, IMO.

He'll be on a stacked Barrie team this year and I just don't see him standing out to the point of getting ES.
Agreed completely.

He has the right to apply though, just can’t see him getting it barring a massive season.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
Which players from the Soo? I only know of 2 that went to Barrie (one from Sudbury actually) and both had moved to the area so shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure on the Ottawa players.
Not sure names really. All ik is they had 9 guys on the team at one point that’s it. All because of imports and stuff. Not sure now though

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

i havent seen him in person so all my info comes from agent friends who are pretty honest on guys they dont represent, they like him alot but dont see him at that level

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

trainermick

Sep 16, 2023

AJAX RAIDERS
Team strength TBD
Draftee players

BARRIE COLT
Team strengths:

Draftee players

CLARINGTON

COW

NCP

KINGSTON

MARKHAM

OSHAWA

PETERBOROUGH

QUINTE

WHITBY

YSE

Cheers
Add Walker Doyle A/P Raiders

Gchiasson

Sep 4, 2023
Having coached against Chitaroni, I can confirm he probably isn't up to Exceptional Status this year, but you never know. I can say however, that apart from Blonda and Rossetto who are both probably top 10 picks this year, Chitaroni was the third man on that team. Would take him over Elliot and MacDonald despite the 1 year difference.

Hats off to him to apply, I say go for it, but I'm not sure we'll see him accepted. Either way, I think he's a top 3-5 guy for his respective class.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Tons of exhibition games being played.

As expected, Barrie rolling.

Sudbury finishes up a 3 game set vs. Grey Bruce today.

Tied 3-3 with TRW

5-3 loss to North Central Preds

Excited to see tournament season get going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad