2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
They both ooze with talent and upside.

Wassilyn is probably more explosive and demonstrates more power in his game, more power in his stride, stronger shot and stronger on his feet.

Valentini's Hockey IQ is unmatched in this draft and he has the talent to match it. Speed, skill and IQ that probably doesn't jump out at you as much as Wassilyn but his consistency and production has been unbelievable so far.

I think most people have Wassilyn as the higher talent come draft time, but I can see teams wanting to build a team around Valentini over Wassilyn.

Will be an interesting few months.

Interesting. I know scouts salivate over Wassilyn's type of tool (strength, size, explosiveness combined with high skills), but I prefer players in Valentini's style, who brim with IQ.
Where are they in terms of level and talent against last year's best attackers (Roobroeck, Moore, Martin)?
Would the two fight Schaeffer for the first overall pick?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I think with the closeness ot the top picks, who goes first, second will all depend on who wins the draft lottery and which players will report to whom. It may be a surprise 1st rounder if for example the ID's win the lottery. but as always time will tell.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think with the closeness ot the top picks, who goes first, second will all depend on who wins the draft lottery and which players will report to whom. It may be a surprise 1st rounder if for example the ID's win the lottery. but as always time will tell.
Wasslyn will go to Niagara, agent has a very tight relationship with dd

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, I think there is one more period to play against USports and then the probably release cuts shortly after.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Didn't see it mentioned but Ottawa Myers won the gold puck on the weekend beating Ottawa Valley Titans in the final. A long way to go for two Ottawa teams to play each other. Nobody really lit it up, here are the top point getters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_141339_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_141339_Chrome.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 16

MH

Oct 27, 2023
Yeah, I think there is one more period to play against USports and then the probably release cuts shortly after.
WJC roster cuts are at 6:30 pm. I meant team Canada’s Youth Olympic (2008s) roster. Probably out in the next few days.

Reactions: HockeyPops

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
Some big underrated players in this age group I would say would be

Michael D’Alessio-Vaughan Kings

Ronan Clarke-Markham Majors

Troy Patton-Barrie Colts

Those 3 guys would be solid pieces on any OHL Team.

Defenceman- Michael D’Alessio very talented on back end, plays like Charlie McAvoy, not the greatest in D zone, but his offensive talent makes up for it. Would be a great addition on any team looking for a bonafide Offensive Dman.

Defenceman Ronan Clarke-a Damn who is one of the best in his own end and takes pride in doing so. Very physical and mean. One of the hardest slap shots and one timers in the age group and accurate wrister from the point. Plays a lot like Brandon Carlo and Luke Schenn. He’s a great right shot Dman that is hard to find. This kid is going to be a player. And will be highly sought after.

Forward Troy patton- plays a lot like Darcy Tucker and Tyler Bertuzzi. Gritty, physical and can score. One of the best penalty Killers around. Not afraid to go to war in the corners, and go at the biggest players on any team. He is good on the draws, and takes pride in any role he is given. He is an old school player with lots of skill and upside. He’s going to be a great role player one day!
D'Alessio - I think he could have been considered underrated at the start of the year but scouts are noticing his games and they love it.

Patton - Good utility guy that can play in all situations and can play up and down your line-up. Not high-end talent but there's definite value there.

Clarke - Don't see what you're seeing, lacks puck skills and IQ.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
We have our first domino to fall for the 2024 OHL Draft!

Ontario-born player currently playing south of the border who would have been a 1st round pick.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Wish I could be there watching.

Early results, surprised North York skated to a tie with Halton.

Oshawa 5 - 3 Red Wings
Ajax 4 - 3 Reps
North York 3 - 3 Halton
Rebels 6 - 0 Credit River
Waxers 2 - 2 Titans
Oakville 3 - 0 Majors
Hamilton 3 - 1 Kitchener

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Baird-Gajdos #33 for Detroit Little Ceasars, impressive skating dman, very deceptive and dangerous running the PP. Detroit looked very good vs the red wings, great puck pressure, unselfish team that moves the puck very well, appears to me very well coached.​

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA

Baird-Gajdos #33 for Detroit Little Ceasars, impressive skating dman, very deceptive and dangerous running the PP. Detroit looked very good vs the red wings, great puck pressure, unselfish team that moves the puck very well, appears to me very well coached.​

any good players to follow. Heading down tomorrow and not sure who the top players are. TIA

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
What games are you going to watch?

For top end players perhaps Barrie, Marlies, Oakville, Majors.
YEah. Just did a little research and thats what i am looking at. Since Covid I haven't really watched much. But used to watch YSE virtually every weekend prior to that. I live 2 minutes from where the Colts play regulary and think I should stop by and watch a little more often. Thanks

oilers5397

Apr 18, 2023
YEah. Just did a little research and thats what i am looking at. Since Covid I haven't really watched much. But used to watch YSE virtually every weekend prior to that. I live 2 minutes from where the Colts play regulary and think I should stop by and watch a little more often. Thanks
Honestly for eta, Barrie, YSE, Quinte and Oshawa got the highest rated kids. Kingston has #16 and #89 as well. Almost forgot about Pete’s as well. They got a potential first rounder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad