2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
This is who was on the gamesheet at Silver Stick for Barrie:
Head Coach: DARRIN SHANNON
Coach: FRANK ASTRI
Assistant Coach: DAVE TAYLOR
Coach: DALE SHANNON
Coach: MIKE CAMPBELL
Trainer: ALICIA SKINNER
Manager: BRAYDON HOGARTH

Who is gone and who is replacing them?

Chawbadoo07

Nov 2, 2013
This is who was on the gamesheet at Silver Stick for Barrie:
Head Coach: DARRIN SHANNON
Coach: FRANK ASTRI
Assistant Coach: DAVE TAYLOR
Coach: DALE SHANNON
Coach: MIKE CAMPBELL
Trainer: ALICIA SKINNER
Manager: BRAYDON HOGARTH

Who is gone and who is replacing them?
Only trainers Mike Campbell and Alicia Skinner are on team homepage

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
All the same coaches were listed on the Dec 3 gamesheet vs York Simcoe.

They play tonight @ 6:30pm vs Clarington at Darlington. Normally not a game to watch, but maybe someone on this board could pop in and find out what's going on?

Reactions: Section5Petes

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Only trainers Mike Campbell and Alicia Skinner are on team homepage
As someone who once got stuck doing the webpage admin for our hockey association I would say it could have been an innocent update that screwed up a few other fields or pages on the site....so that could be the reason - maybe you checked before they finished correcting the issue/updating

Chawbadoo07

Nov 2, 2013
As someone who once got stuck doing the webpage admin for our hockey association I would say it could have been an innocent update that screwed up a few other fields or pages on the site....so that could be the reason - maybe you checked before they finished correcting the issue/updating
No they got rid of the coaching staff..apparently 30-3 isn't good enough for some of the out of towners and their parents

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Minor Hockey in Ontario is a disaster.

So much for hometown hockey. Firing coaches and moving cities mid season isn’t what it’s about. Barrie will still win a ton of games because of all there talent but this is putting a dent in there reputation. Scouts will do there homework.

Chawbadoo07

Nov 2, 2013
Parents didn't even have the stones to take their concerns to the coaching staff just went to the guy bankrolling the team. Greg Hotham as head of Barrie Triple A should be ashamed of himself for letting this happen. Some good people who put lots of time and effort getting fired because of overbearing parents worried about their kid's draft position

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Parents didn't even have the stones to take their concerns to the coaching staff just went to the guy bankrolling the team. Greg Hotham as head of Barrie Triple A should be ashamed of himself for letting this happen. Some good people who put lots of time and effort getting fired because of overbearing parents worried about their kid's draft position
I posted this back in Nov after Marlies ran roughshod over them

quote: Barrie ... crazed parents be calling for coach’s head lol

And I can guarantee which dad is leading revolt . Sad part is , he’s too stupid to know his antics are only detrimental to his son’s prospects. Hard to watch …

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
In relation to Barrie. What happened in Waterloo last year when the whole staff got replaced basically overnight with out any reasoning being announced. I see Shawn Dietrich is with Huron Perth now.

Reactions: flamebird

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
HPL and Eastern Ontario Wild the only two perfect teams at Gold Puck after 2 games. Nobody really lighting it up there, a handful of players with 4 points after 2 games. Here is the gamesheet again.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
In relation to Barrie. What happened in Waterloo last year when the whole staff got replaced basically overnight with out any reasoning being announced. I see Shawn Dietrich is with Huron Perth now.
that was not parent based, Shawn screwed up. he wouldn’t say so but he did

Reactions: flamebird

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Barrie takes there 1st loss of the regular season to Whitby last night.

4-2

saw them at silverstick, like alot of 'super teams', they dont really show great team structure. had they done this last year and grown together over 2 years, i bet they would show better systems/structure.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
saw them at silverstick, like alot of 'super teams', they dont really show great team structure. had they done this last year and grown together over 2 years, i bet they would show better systems/structure.
You think those parents would be willing to stay in one place for 2 years without getting itchy feet?

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
How good are Braidy Wassilyn and Adam Valentini? And why do many consider Wassilyn a lock for first overall?
Valentini led Whitby with 20 points in 7 games, the second best had 13. And he led the Toronto titans with 24 points in 7 games, with Wassilyn in second, but with better ppg.
What is their talent level and their comparables?

Reactions: Section5Petes

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
They both ooze with talent and upside.

Wassilyn is probably more explosive and demonstrates more power in his game, more power in his stride, stronger shot and stronger on his feet.

Valentini's Hockey IQ is unmatched in this draft and he has the talent to match it. Speed, skill and IQ that probably doesn't jump out at you as much as Wassilyn but his consistency and production has been unbelievable so far.

I think most people have Wassilyn as the higher talent come draft time, but I can see teams wanting to build a team around Valentini over Wassilyn.

Will be an interesting few months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad