Post-Game Talk: 10 shots and all we needed was 2 - SCF bound!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
You know who I think has been good the past couple games? Cody Ceci surprisingly enough.
The man is an all-star. lol.

Don’t want him. He’s old, injury prone, and is slowing down. Would need to sign here at a heavy discount
I think he will still command more money than the Oilers would give him. He still plays 20 mins and is 34, not 37. Somebody will give him a two- or three-year contract in the Kulak/Ceci range.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Don’t want him. He’s old, injury prone, and is slowing down. Would need to sign here at a heavy discount
I dont want him. Broberg will be here for full time duties next year. He has been playing lights out. VD will be resigned. Ekholm has 2 more years. Ceci or Kulak could be a casuality. We win a cup and agents will wanna sign here. Lets just hope cap goes up over 90 mil. We have 2 mil coming off books next year with Neal contract. Lets hope we can trade Campbell. 7 mil would go a long way

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Many of us hoped that once he recovered he would have a good playoffs. He's been wheeling, definitely looks a lot better.

Had a peek at the Panthers board which I rarely do. They wanted the Oilers and most pretty much think it'll be an easy series.

Let them think that. They don't realize Tkachuk was a no-show for the Flames, and we can match them physically any day.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Many of us hoped that once he recovered he would have a good playoffs. He's been wheeling, definitely looks a lot better.

Had a peek at the Panthers board which I rarely do. They wanted the Oilers and most pretty much think it'll be an easy series.
Its funny how Tkachuk is now looked at as a superior player to Mc-D by the Eastern media. I think they may be in for a surprise.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I dont want him. Broberg will be here for full time duties next year. He has been playing lights out. VD will be resigned. Ekholm has 2 more years. Ceci or Kulak could be a casuality. We win a cup and agents will wanna sign here. Lets just hope cap goes up over 90 mil. We have 2 mil coming off books next year with Neal contract. Lets hope we can trade Campbell. 7 mil would go a long way

I was able to keep our whole roster except for Foegele, Ceci (traded for Picks), Campbell, and Henrique, and swapped them with Demelo, Debrusk and Nedeljkovic, with about 900k left in cap.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Debrusk
Holloway-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Ryan/Carrick-Lavoie

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Demelo
Kulak-Desharnais
Broberg

Skinner
Nedeljkovic
Pickard

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I was able to keep our whole roster except for Foegele, Ceci (traded for Picks), Campbell, and Henrique, and swapped them with Demelo, Debrusk and Nedeljkovic, with about 900k left in cap.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Debrusk
Holloway-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Ryan/Carrick-Lavoie

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Demelo
Kulak-Desharnais
Broberg

Skinner
Nedeljkovic
Pickard
It's too bad Nurse doesn't make 6.5M otherwise we could probably re-sign Henrique and also add those players

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
It's too bad Nurse doesn't make 6.5M otherwise we could probably re-sign Henrique and also add those players

True, but I think personally, if we get Demelo in to replace Ceci, Demelo is a big upgrade and way more consistent. Nurse seems to play better with guys who are consistent, and there isn't anyone as consistent as Demelo. And technically we can fit in Henrique, but then we can't carry a full roster, or he signs a ridiculous discount.

Reactions: McDoused

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Hats off to Skinner, the way he's elevated his game is pretty remarkable. I've doubted him big time. I remember hoping he would be the guy for a good 10 year stretch and he struggled causing me to have no confidence in him.

Going to need him to keep going and perhaps even find another gear to beat the Panthers. Well done Mario cart champ, well done!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Interesting. I wouldn’t want to play a hungry McDavid in the cup finals. I get they have Barkov but shutting down pasta and breadman is not the same as shutting down the best player on the planet.

Dallas took out the last 2 cup winners and we beat them in 6. It’s crazy to me people still think this team is some sort of free bingo space.

Game 7 Ceci shows up when the games matter.
Lol Ceci is hilariously clutch in important games.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
I don't know how happy Hyman is but I can't imagine that he's happier than me and I'm sure all you guys that he chose us.

What's crazy about the team right now is that Hyman has 13 goals and he might be 4th or 5th in Conn Smythe voting if the playoffs ended today behind McDavid, Bouchard, Drai and maybe Skinner based on his recent surge or even the PK should get a mention if it was possible to give a unit a Smythe. This team has lots of guys that are bringing it.
14 goals now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad