Post-Game Talk: 10 shots and all we needed was 2 - SCF bound!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Haha. Yes. So close. Better give all ufa's 8 year deals and extend coaching and management for another half decade.
May give them a participation ribbon and a pat on the back. They are going to lose a few UFA this off season and won't be as strong next year. Oilers will probably upgrade Ceci so we should be better next year. I think Roy from LA would be a good target. Good defensively and those guys don't get big dollars. If Knob can get Nurse to settle down and play a physical defensive game our d would look pretty good

It's beautiful

I don't know who you think Sam Gagner is, but he'll be fine for one game.

Maybe against Dallas but Florida is very physical and Gagner is small and not great defensively. I trust what the coach is doing so there must be a reason he never used Gagner yet

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
May give them a participation ribbon and a pat on the back. They are going to lose a few UFA this off season and won't be as strong next year. Oilers will probably upgrade Ceci so we should be better next year. I think Roy from LA would be a good target. Good defensively and those guys don't get big dollars. If Knob can get Nurse to settle down and play a physical defensive game our d would look pretty good

Maybe against Dallas but Florida is very physical and Gagner is small and not great defensively. I trust what the coach is doing so there must be a reason he never used Gagner yet
Because GOOD teams have guys who are good enough to play sit. He will be fine for one game.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Connor Brown, didn't score for like 7 months to start the year, maligned, healthy scratch, everything didn't go as planned, but he's out there with 1 minute left and helps the team secure a trip to the finals with a couple big defensive plays.

What do you say.
U say the following:
Im sorry Mr Brown for calling u out all year.
U then call up Skinner and Nurse and apologize to them. Nurse was a complete beast the last 3 games and Skinner was Conn Smythe worthy for the last 3 games

I owe them apologies as well.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Here’s some words from one salty leafs fan on the leafs board ;

All this horseshit talk of us being "fundamentally flawed" and wanting desperately to dump Mitch, are so full of shit.

Team is better than the Oilers and look where they are now. Once you're a good competitive team, it's all random bullshit after that. Defense? Cody f***in' Ceci and Darnell Nurse? Give me a break. Goalie - Stuart Skinner/Pickford? f*** Off. This random shit. Marner is a great player who needs to get his shit together come play off time and you assholes want to dump him for anyone willing to take on the money.

We had 1 year where we actually choked against the god damn Habs, other than that we got beat by teams equal (Columbus) or better than us. Before the Matthews/Marner era we were pure garbage and if Leaf management would act like the posters here - we would be headed right back to those times.

Oilers in the finals - go f*** yourself hockey gods

Hes not wrong on some points. But hes talking about defense and goaltending. Maple Leafs aren’t failing because of defense/goaltending (even though I think their defense is poor on paper). They are failing because their star players don’t do much in the playoffs. Its the opposite problem of the Oilers. Leafs fans/media/management are delusional. I think they know what the problem is but then just end up blaming it on the coach/defense/goaltending.

But Toronto doesn’t have Ekholm/Bouchard either so he is partially wrong about the defense too.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Screenshot_20240603-071239.png

Hahahaha I just can't

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
McDavid has a chance to break Gretzky's assist record too.
My wife (who does not follow pro sports) asked me after the game who was better--Gretzky or Mc-D?

I was hard pressed to answer so I just said "about the same." Not a very detailed answer but I don't think there is much to pick from. In terms of pure excitement I'd say Mc-D but in terms of being "clutch" it just seemed that Gretzky was always in the winner's circle. 4 cups help but the NHL back then was a very different league than what it is now. Gretzky would not score 92 in a season in the current version of the league.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Connor Brown, didn't score for like 7 months to start the year, maligned, healthy scratch, everything didn't go as planned, but he's out there with 1 minute left and helps the team secure a trip to the finals with a couple big defensive plays.

What do you say.
Many of us hoped that once he recovered he would have a good playoffs. He's been wheeling, definitely looks a lot better.

Lets f***ing go boys!! Everyone counting us out again. Lets keep the underdog mentality!
Had a peek at the Panthers board which I rarely do. They wanted the Oilers and most pretty much think it'll be an easy series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad