Post-Game Talk: 10 shots and all we needed was 2 - SCF bound!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
The oilers won’t get any respect again against Florida these so called experts are anything but.

They are gonna play to their American bias in many media areas, just is what it is. I expect Florida will have the majority of the picks, and will likely be the better faves in Vegas as well (early lines are Florida around -130). This isn't surprising. They made the finals last year, they had more points than us in the regular season and therefore have home ice advantage, their goalie is more experienced by a LOT. Them being favorites makes sense really. I have no idea which way the series will go honestly, no outcome would really surprise me.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
Wow...they played an entire game on their heels at 5x5 and still won.
10 SOG ties an NHL record for the fewest SOG in a playoff win.
Dallas must have had 60 shot attempts in this game. (EDIT: Dallas had 74 shot attempts)
Incredible.

Skinner deserves major props. Just a rock solid performance.

McDavid was just not going to be denied in this game.

I have to mention the coaching staff again. What a job they are doing.
Just look at the PP...in the first 4 games the Oilers were shut out on the PP
Zero for 6.
In games 5 and 6 they turned things around completely and went 4 for 5.
Obviously some adjustments were made and what a freaking result. Knoblauch and the entire coaching staff is coaching at a Stanley Cup level.
The includes both in game and between games.
Not bad for a rookie coach. :nod:

Now the team gets 5 days rest before they play game 1 in the SC Final.
Enough time to rest some bumps and bruises and get some Florida sun before putting it all on the line in the best Championship Final in all of sports.

This is going to be a blast!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Beach Bunnies

• Love
Reactions: McDoused and guymez

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I have to say I loved the post game interview with Connor and Leon together. Nothing hockey related makes me happier than to see these two succeed together. Bros for life, ride or die, teammates to the very core. They have a very special relationship and i think that they will always want to play together. Hopefully always for the Oilers.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
1717431284067.png

During the celebration. This is the face of a man who knows there is more to go.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I have to say I loved the post game interview with Connor and Leon together. Nothing hockey related makes me happier than to see these two succeed together. Bros for life, ride or die, teammates to the very core. They have a very special relationship and i think that they will always want to play together. Hopefully always for the Oilers.

I genuinely hope that this runs shuts up those people who are relentless with the "McDrai" hate Edmonton, hate the organization and will bolt as UFAs.

With Skinner's emergence as an elite goalie, bouchard hitting his potential, these next 5-10 years should be a fun ride.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Don't think I've ever seen a team go In to finals being outshot 35-10

Anyway Skinner came up big
McDavid produces big points
Rest is needed now
And Dallas did not capitalize on their PPs and could not tie it let alone win it. This speaks more to the clutch play of the Oilers and to the weak overall play of Dallas. Funny how the media says that the Stars dominated all game...losing and not being able to score with a man advantage several times is not dominating...

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
View attachment 879119

During the celebration. This is the face of a man who knows there is more to go.
Yeah, Gretzky said on the TNT panel post-game that they didn't appreciate how the Cup Finals are a different beast in 1983 and they were swept easily by the Islanders. It was over before they knew it.

Oilers have guys like Holland, Keith, Perry, and Coffey to prepare the team the best they can for a new experience.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Oilers should have an easy time hating Florida. Tkachuk, Benning, and then all the pundits through the years who've said Barkov>Drai. and all the turd polishing of Panthers for years even when Huberpoop was there. I'm about done hearing how good the Panthers are. They play in the East. Their opponent was the Rangers and they had enough trouble with them.

Florida don't have any superstar players. Not any. If Ratboy is your best player I don't think its enough. I don't watch the Panthers a lot though.
Holy shit I've been posting here since Yakupov at least and I try and stay off for my sanity mostly but I just wanna say HOLY. f***. BOYS AND GIRLS. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!
I thought you'd been posting since around Gagner. I've been here since Al Hamilton. ;)

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I was a bit surprised with the reaction that people had to Skinner's post game quotes this year. It was pretty much standard sports psychologist stuff, to be confident you have to show confidence. Even if it seems like arrogance at times, that's not the intention. Jordan and Kobe were masters at it. Glad to see that it's clearly helping Stu.

The overreaction to Skinner's post games also annoyed me. You're bang on, it's mental technique and not much more.

Gary Player (legendary golfer for those non-golf fans) used a similar technique where he would blame something other than himself no matter what. Screwed up a bunker shot? "God damn pebble in front of my ball," even thoguh there wasn't one. That kind of thing.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah, Gretzky said on the TNT panel post-game that they didn't appreciate how the Cup Finals are a different beast in 1983 and they were swept easily by the Islanders. It was over before they knew it.

Oilers have guys like Holland, Keith, Perry, and Coffey to prepare the team the best they can for a new experience.
Sometimes I think its overstated. Every voyage is different. The Oilers have lost to eventual cup champs two years in a row. This was the 80's Oilers experience losing first time in final but it doesn't mean its everybodies experience.

Its interesting that anytime anything happens the old Oilers start talking about 83 and going to take a peak at the Islanders dressing room and realizing how hard it was to be Sparta etc etc. Yeah everybody in the world has heard it Wayne. shut up. ;)

So done with the old Oilers weighing in on what the new Oilers need to do. The only one that actually rolled up their sleeves is Paul Coffey, I'll listen to him.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
They are gonna play to their American bias in many media areas, just is what it is. I expect Florida will have the majority of the picks, and will likely be the better faves in Vegas as well (early lines are Florida around -130). This isn't surprising. They made the finals last year, they had more points than us in the regular season and therefore have home ice advantage, their goalie is more experienced by a LOT. Them being favorites makes sense really. I have no idea which way the series will go honestly, no outcome would really surprise me.
Favourites is one thing people are acting like the oil are an easy out… this is going to be a very close series. Florida has not had to contend with the oil top end skill. Dallas also had a more experienced goalie.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I was a bit surprised with the reaction that people had to Skinner's post game quotes this year. It was pretty much standard sports psychologist stuff, to be confident you have to show confidence. Even if it seems like arrogance at times, that's not the intention. Jordan and Kobe were masters at it. Glad to see that it's clearly helping Stu.
What the Last Dance hammered home for me was that Jordan could use (or even create) any reason to feel doubted or slighted, and then use that as motivation to destroy his opponent.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Sometimes I think its overstated. Every voyage is different. The Oilers have lost to eventual cup champs two years in a row. This was the 80's Oilers experience losing first time in final but it doesn't mean its everybodies experience.

Its interesting that anytime anything happens the old Oilers start talking about 83 and going to take a peak at the Islanders dressing room and realizing how hard it was to be Sparta etc etc. Yeah everybody in the world has heard it Wayne. shut up. ;)

So done with the old Oilers weighing in on what the new Oilers need to do. The only one that actually rolled up their sleeves is Paul Coffey, I'll listen to him.
Fair point. Gretzky, however, did go against the entire panel and the owner of Florida, apparently his personal friend, and picked the Oilers to win.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
And another funny, Calgary laughed at us in 2014 for drafting Drai over Bennett. They said Bennett is next Doug Gilmour and we made a big mistake

The best is when they soaked their panties at Bennett's initial playoff performance in 2015.

Also the famous Spector tweet on the night we won the draft lottery "Connor McWhatever, this Bennett kid is for real!"

f***ing losers.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Favourites is one thing people are acting like the oil are an easy out… this is going to be a very close series. Florida has not had to contend with the oil top end skill. Dallas also had a more experienced goalie.
Florida had trouble with even Krieder and Zed got nothing done in big games like usual. They haven't seen anything like McDrai, Hyman, Booch, Nuge all leading the playoffs in pts.

I don't see how Oilers are underdogs but fine with it if thats how the hockey world is describing it. Oilers appear to like that anyway. Team has come too close not to go all the way.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Connor Brown, didn't score for like 7 months to start the year, maligned, healthy scratch, everything didn't go as planned, but he's out there with 1 minute left and helps the team secure a trip to the finals with a couple big defensive plays.

What do you say.
He's been phenomenal these playoffs. And all season long, things weren't going his way, he was being demoted, scratched, and he just showed up and played his ass off every time. Contrast that to maybe some other guys during previous seasons who would pout when their ice time was cut. He may not be a 20 goal guy anymore but he's a perfect 4th line/pk guy and I hope we re-sign him to a cheap deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad