Post-Game Talk: 10 shots and all we needed was 2 - SCF bound!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Fair point. Gretzky, however, did go against the entire panel and the owner of Florida, apparently his personal friend, and picked the Oilers to win.
Yeah, sorry if I went off on Gretz there its just that him and mess are always telling the same stories. I mean everybody that even knows hockey has heard them all countless times. Its like the senile codger that can't remember 15mins ago that tells the same stories over and over again as if he's never told them before. I've heard it so many times I could write it out verbatim. We all could.

Not just gretz, Lowe and Mess, its like their big story. They'd be MC's at a wedding and it would be like "I don't know anything about the bride but this one time we walked into the Islanders room and we couldn't believe they were black and blue, I just wanna say..."

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
There was some chat about Roloson being in the building…anyone know more specific details on that?
The Oilers always have an ex-Oiler in the building, during the playoffs, who gets shown on screen during the 2nd/3rd TV time out in the first period. Who I can remember: Roloson, Smith, Stoll, Torres, Hemsky, Laraque....

They also have guys like Kassian, Laraque and Smyth on the scoreboard regularly.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
how was the party last night in Edmonton?
Hopefully no violence
I don't know that drunk 16yr old 120lb guys can even be described as fighting but yeah they were...

Gonna say it too. Do they even check ID selling booze to all these highschool kids? Seems like they don't.

I'll join in that they could have something different setup for families that want to bring their kids out and enjoy it. sans booze.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The Oilers always have an ex-Oiler in the building, during the playoffs, who gets shown on screen during the 2nd/3rd TV time out in the first period. Who I can remember: Roloson, Smith, Stoll, Torres, Hemsky, Laraque....

They also have guys like Kassian, Laraque and Smyth on the scoreboard regularly.

They need to get Jaleel White back for the Stanley Cup Finals. Maybe we can get Shaq and Barkley to come too. I think what would be VERY cool, is if we could get Los Lobos to come and sing La Bamba live in Rogers Place.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Oilers should have an easy time hating Florida. Tkachuk, Benning, and then all the pundits through the years who've said Barkov>Drai. and all the turd polishing of Panthers for years even when Huberpoop was there. I'm about done hearing how good the Panthers are. They play in the East. Their opponent was the Rangers and they had enough trouble with them.

Florida don't have any superstar players. Not any. If Ratboy is your best player I don't think its enough. I don't watch the Panthers a lot though.

I thought you'd been posting since around Gagner. I've been here since Al Hamilton. ;)

Honestly you'd remember better than me, hahaha.

And yeah, trying not to jinx it but I'm honestly shocked that Florida is the "favourites". I watched most of the playoffs this year, and I have to say that none of the teams in the East except Carolina ever impressed me. And as always, Carolina just had 0 finish in the playoffs. Guentzel wasn't enough to change that.

Watching the NYR-Panthers series especially and comparing it side by side to us vs Dallas was night and day. Their games were sooooo much more scrambly. Passes missed, shots way off target, riding on goaltending both ways.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
There was some chat about Roloson being in the building…anyone know more specific details on that?
Roloson was also in courtyard pregame signing autographs. Such a nice guy. Hes' mild mannered more than most pro athletes. Quiet, unassuming, He was thrilled to be there yesterday and yet everybody was thrilled to have him. Seems like a special person to know.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Honestly you'd remember better than me, hahaha.

And yeah, trying not to jinx it but I'm honestly shocked that Florida is the "favourites". I watched most of the playoffs this year, and I have to say that none of the teams in the East except Carolina ever impressed me. And as always, Carolina just had 0 finish in the playoffs. Guentzel wasn't enough to change that.

Watching the NYR-Panthers series especially and comparing it side by side to us vs Dallas was night and day. Their games were sooooo much more scrambly. Passes missed, shots way off target, riding on goaltending both ways.
Welcome back man! I noticed you were away. I have kind of an encyclopedia memory for that kind of thing. Stay along for the ride. I know it gets to be a wild ride but its all fun in the end.

I wasn't really nervous yesterday. Not sure why. Since Mcleod and Broberg drew in and scored goals this had the look of fate to me.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Seguin has always seemed like a pretty good dude.
He is. But this is part of Dallas problem is they tend to be a nice guy team. you can't just be that. They have some players on that team that would apologize for scoring. Dallas we're different this spring because unlike LA and Van who have plenty of players that are easy enough to hate the Stars only seem to have Benn being that lightning rod. You can't even hate Tanev because he helps the Oilers so much. He was practically playing for us.

I think the Dallas Stars are too nice and will never get there with present roster. Actually Marchment was misbehaving early in series and even he stopped.

Glenn Anderson was never nice to opponents. Stars are too nice.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I don't know that drunk 16yr old 120lb guys can even be described as fighting but yeah they were...

Gonna say it too. Do they even check ID selling booze to all these highschool kids? Seems like they don't.

I'll join in that they could have something different setup for families that want to bring their kids out and enjoy it. sans booze.
yes
I remember going down to the parties on Whyte after each series win. When it started getting dark, we would be leaving. The younger ones would be showing up causing trouble. I talked to one fella and he said he wasnt even a hockey fan but a looter. Thats the ones u hope get shot.
I personally had a great time. The Police were awesome do deal with. They were just on the sidewalks making sure no one walked out in traffic. People were even high fiving them. It was great times. I seen lots of ta-tas those nights. Some were nice, some not so nice. I can just imagine what its like out there.
I have a friend from Glace Bay who moved out there @2008. I told him about the atmosphere in Edmonton during playoffs. He messaged me last night saying " You never told me it was like this, this is absolutely crazy"

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
A very mature and thoughtful set of comments by Seguin.

Always interesting to see the transition in personality from the know it all teenager to the experienced thirty something who knows that life is about hard work but also a degree of luck that you can't control.
This is the thing.

Its the quantity you cannot put in a bottle and its either going to be there for you or not. Most SC winners get some of that. In 84 the Oilers had a tight 7 game series with Calgary earlier. Hardly anybody mentions that final with the Islander almost didn't happen. In 90 Jets had us on the ropes. 87 It went 7 games and the Oilers actually were behind in game 7.

Oilers got the magic goal posts last night as well giving a hand.

Hockey more than any sport is such a game of inches.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Actually, he could be a great pickup at the league minimum. Give the poor bastard a chance to join the real team!
I thought he was willing to come to Edmonton but Conroy didn’t want to take a contract back.

Reactions: McDoused

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
So Reid Wilkins posted a video, I guess from the pressbox, of the end of the game. You can see Bob Stauffer celebrating the final horn, and also Jack Michaels commentating from behind. Of course you can't hear him.

So I had to try to fix that :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad