Post-Game Talk: 10 shots and all we needed was 2 - SCF bound!!!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
So hype to see another Stanley Cup final series from this team. Was a real young kid for 2006 and still remember how hype it was on a school trip sneaking upstairs at the hotel to watch the San Jose series.

No matter what happens, what a story. Have to wonder if McDavid has yet another gear for us to see. His first time in the dance for real.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I missed a good chunk of the game so didn’t see Roli was on the jumbotron…hopefully they had him backstage (so to speak) helping Skinner prep.

As everyone knows, I haven’t had a lot of faith in Skinner but he has been nothing short of brilliant since game 6 of last series. Need him to keep riding this wave.
Roli to Skinner: Go get some more 1st places in Mario kart and make good saves! The end

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Love the idea but honestly he strikes me as another Boychuck/Boumeister won’t want the pressure of playing in his home town.
In all fairness every time we were trying to get those guys was when the team wasn't exactly great either. Debrusk coming in would be a complimentary player not some sort of drastic need that ends up in him being the go to guy.

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I thought that in the last series Vancouver had the bigger share of puck luck and bounces but the Oilers were a better hockey team.

In the Dallas series I think that the Oilers had more puck luck ---on the whole. The Oilers are a very good hockey team but I'm not sure that they are better than the Stars. Talent wise there isn't a lot to pick from. I'll take the win though and I'm taking the Oilers to beat the Cats in the final.
I disagree, the Oilers were the better team the majority of the series. I thought the Oilers had some luck last night with the puck bouncing the wrong way for the Stars often times but the Oilers were full marks for the series win, I'd say they were the better for 4 of the previous 5 games. Overall a pretty even series but I thought the Oilers had the better of the play more often.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I disagree, the Oilers were the better team the majority of the series. I thought the Oilers had some luck last night with the puck bouncing the wrong way for the Stars often times but the Oilers were full marks for the series win, I'd say they were the better for 4 of the previous 5 games. Overall a pretty even series but I thought the Oilers had the better of the play more often.
even after going down 2-1 on home ice, I never really was worried in this series.

Even Knoblauch never went nuclear and loaded up McDrai together with piles of minutes.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
even after going down 2-1 on home ice, I never really was worried in this series.

Even Knoblauch never went nuclear and loaded up McDrai together with piles of minutes.
Same here. The only times I worried was before the series not knowing what to expect after the Vancouver grind, after Period 1 in Game 3 and the 3rd period last night when the Oilers were wilting under pressure for one of teh rare times in the series.
Other than that, I felt a calm that the Oilers were relatively in control most of the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad