Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Looks like the Avs are toast. Looking forward to a Jets-Preds series though that should be awesome. Hope the Jets destroy the Predators.
Could be epic, could be a bust, could be somewhere in between. I’m hoping for an intense series. I think it goes 7 with the Jets com8ng out in top, but you never know.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Fair enough, I didn't look up the stats, my bad. I was more referring to last night's goal, and his performance in this round so far in general. I also seem to remember him as one of our best players, (if not the best), in our run to the WCF two years ago.

He definitely was one of, if not the best, during the WCF run. However, one good playoff run doesn't make a legend. Without that year, he's just another player really.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
enjoy the karma avs. u only got in b/c of a BS goal, now roles are reversed.

get teh golf clubs and meet the blues on the green.

That call was trash, but the Avs thoroughly outplayed us that game. I don't think that call swung momentum in the game (we got the next one after all) and they beat us by 2 if you exclude all the empty net goals. Nothing about our play tells me that we would have overcome a 2-1 hole in the 3rd period based on how we played trying to overcome a 3-1 hole. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I wouldn't say that call is the reason they beat us and made the playoffs.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Wild imploding

Sorry to hear about your experience. Like everything opinions are based on POV. I can see why you are anti Avs. From my POV the Preds play dirty and their fans are obnoxious.

Totally agree about the on-ice play of the Preds. I'm rooting for the Jets now entirely based on the play/persona of the Preds team. I just don't have a beef with the fans. They annoy the hell out of me when I'm rooting against them (exactly how that godawful Chelsea Dagger song annoys me), but I enjoy home crowds that wear on the opponent.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Not my place perhaps, but I'm genuinely sorry and appalled you had that experience.

Like I said, I know that it isn't representative of the entire fanbase. I live in Colorado and have plenty of friends who are Avs fans. I'm sure that stuff happens in every NHL building and (outside of Philly) I'm confident that the vast majority of fans would share your reaction. No need to apologize for the actions of others, it just left me bitter and unwilling to cheer for that guy to be happy.

It's not going to keep me from going to every game the Blues play at the Pepsi Center next year and sporting my Blues jersey. Here's hoping that the Avs keep offering that Family Night package, because that's one of the best deals in the NHL.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Is this the year the Caps finally beat Pittsburgh in the second round? I hope they can.
I can't see it happening. The Caps never rise to the occasion. They've always looked better during the regular season than they've proven to be in the playoffs. Maybe they've never really been a "very good" team, only a "good" team?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Is this the year the Caps finally beat Pittsburgh in the second round? I hope they can.

I’m not a big believer of professional athletes being psyched out or whatever, but last year after they lost to them again, a couple guys pretty much said “yeah they’re in our heads.” Coupled with the fact Pittsburgh is just better than them I don’t see Washington beating Pittsburgh and I think some big changes will follow for the Caps.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Wow....Boston might choke

Or maybe the thought that you need a bunch of vets isn't valid, since a team with talented youngsters and a lot of speed is pushing them to the brink. Pretty much the talented 20-22 year old forwards and Freddy playing well has the Leafs on the verge of toppling the Bruins.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Or maybe the thought that you need a bunch of vets isn't valid, since a team with talented youngsters and a lot of speed is pushing them to the brink. Pretty much the talented 20-22 year old forwards and Freddy playing well has the Leafs on the verge of toppling the Bruins.
Not sure I’m buying this since Toronto’s young guys (Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly) are abnormally talented compared to most teams’ young guys, plus Toronto still has lots of vets (Marleau, Bozak, Komarov, Polak, etc) playing key roles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad