Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I think San Jose will beat Vegas honestly. Their forward group is much better than the Kings, and they’re dominating the Ducks currently. I had a feeling that Kane would be a perfect addition for them at the TDL, and he’s been just that. Not only do they have that going for them, they’re doing all of this without Jumbo Joe.

A Sharks/Jets conference final would be wonderful television.

Agreed. I think the sharks make the SCF this year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't think so, the Sharks look really good right now also, as good as MAF was against the Kings, I think he needs to be better against the Sharks.

I think we loose to Vegas in 4-5 and would be a 6-7 game series against the Kings, The kings looked bad but so did we for a good portion of the season lol, would have been 'the series of suck!'
That’s why I said “hopefully”, not “my prediction is”.

Realistically, SJ probably beats Vegas. But the Sharks won’t get past Nashville IMO.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
To be honest with you I don't see Thornton playing in this series. I think DeBoer stays with his lineup and leaves the 38 year-old with two recent knee surgeries that hasn't played in 3 months at home against a very fast and furious Vegas team.

I don't think there is any chance that Thornton remains in the press box if he is healthy enough to play. He might get parked outside the top 6, but he isn't getting healthy scratched due to his speed (or lack of it). Even if DeBoer views him as a liability against speed (which I doubt), Eric Fehr is currently centering their 4th line and he isn't much faster. You could dress Thornton over Fehr and use him mainly on the PP and in offensive situations with heavily sheltered minutes. Outside the blowout, Fehr has been playing less than 9 minutes a night, so you wouldn't be asking anyone to pick up much slack by plugging in Thornton and actively avoiding playing him in situations where you're concerned about speed.

Again, I don't think the Sharks will be that worried about Thornton's lack of speed since he is a smart player and still one of the best passers in the game. He had 2 assists the only time he played against the Knights this year and they didn't really limit his icetime against fast teams in the regular season. I think he'll get 3rd line minutes at even strength and play on the top PP unit if his knee is good to go.

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm rooting for the Preds to end the Avs' season tonight. I was at the Blues game in Colorado at the end of the year and it was by far the worst fan experience I've ever had. I generally haven't had issues with Avs fans, but the playoff atmosphere was over the top abuse. I got spit on in the concourse, got called a homphobic slur and more F bombs than I expected. I have a friend who is a Wild fan that got a beer intentionally dumped on him during their playoff series against Colorado a few years ago. I realize that these incidents don't represent the entire fan base and my opinion might not be fair, but my experience is that the playoffs brings out the worst of their fans that take things way beyond what sports trash talking should be.

I don't have any issue with the chants of Preds fans. They're having fun and it reminds me of college or high school games, which I love. I don't think that stuff is any dumber than the Avs 'Wha Whaaa?!?' after goals, the Woooing our crowd was doing for a couple weeks, etc. It's fans having fun and creating an atmosphere.

Reactions: BlueDream

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Wild imploding
I'm rooting for the Preds to end the Avs' season tonight. I was at the Blues game in Colorado at the end of the year and it was by far the worst fan experience I've ever had. I generally haven't had issues with Avs fans, but the playoff atmosphere was over the top abuse. I got spit on in the concourse, got called a homphobic slur and more F bombs than I expected. I have a friend who is a Wild fan that got a beer intentionally dumped on him during their playoff series against Colorado a few years ago. I realize that these incidents don't represent the entire fan base and my opinion might not be fair, but my experience is that the playoffs brings out the worst of their fans that take things way beyond what sports trash talking should be.

I don't have any issue with the chants of Preds fans. They're having fun and it reminds me of college or high school games, which I love. I don't think that stuff is any dumber than the Avs 'Wha Whaaa?!?' after goals, the Woooing our crowd was doing for a couple weeks, etc. It's fans having fun and creating an atmosphere.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Like everything opinions are based on POV. I can see why you are anti Avs. From my POV the Preds play dirty and their fans are obnoxious.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The Philly vs Pitt game looks more competitive tonight...who would have thought?

I'm surprised the Wild are getting thumped. But I guess I can see why...Sutter and Parise out....Dubnyk playing poorly. I should say "played"...he got yanked.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Even if the Preds move on tonight, I think they look weak. Avs proved it to be true. Without Johnson and their two top goalies, the Avs did considerable damage to the notion that the Preds are unstoppable.

I think and hope that that the Jets destroy them. Of course, the Avs aren’t dead yet. They could force a game 6.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
enjoy the karma avs. u only got in b/c of a BS goal, now roles are reversed.

get teh golf clubs and meet the blues on the green.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
All I care about is the Preds getting wrecked. By the Jets. By the Knights. By the Sharks. By the Pens. By the Bolts. By the Bruins.

It doesn’t matter. Preds are last years Cinderella team. Now they are that barfly cougar who needs to go home.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
LOL subban just cost them that goal

nice choke by trashville

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Not my place perhaps, but I'm genuinely sorry and appalled you had that experience.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Wow. Well anyone has to be hoping that Colorado wins at home and at least forces a game 7... that would be exciting as hell, let's see if Nashville can handle the pressure.

Reactions: Itsnotatrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad