Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I love it.....as long as it ends with them losing in the SCF. Would mean that Winnipeg and Nashville don't even have a chance at winning and a first year expansion team wouldn't beat the Blues to a cup. If they win and I was a part of the Seattle group, I'd pull my bid immediately because there are going to be some very unrealistic expectations. (Not that they aren't going to be there already)
I'm sorry, I have to be honest. I hate it! I absolutely hate it! An expansion team sweeping their 1st ever playoff series, it's, just ... wrong. Oh well. I bet Bettman and the NHL brass are doing cartwheels. :(

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think San Jose will beat Vegas honestly. Their forward group is much better than the Kings, and they’re dominating the Ducks currently. I had a feeling that Kane would be a perfect addition for them at the TDL, and he’s been just that. Not only do they have that going for them, they’re doing all of this without Jumbo Joe.

A Sharks/Jets conference final would be wonderful television.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Barf on all the people jumping on the Preds bandwagon. They're fanbase is basically Blackhawks 2.0.

Go Jets!
Go Avs!
Go Knights!

Reactions: DoubleK81

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Barf on all the people jumping on the Preds bandwagon. They're fanbase is basically Blackhawks 2.0.

Go Jets!
Go Avs!
Go Knights!

I’m with you on this. I liked the Preds early last year, but their arrogant fan base made me go away. Nashville...a great city, but the juvenile fans “suck”. Plus, they are a heavily penalized team. You also see a lot go uncalled. And the PK stuff. Great person, great player...so why does he act like that?

I like the Avs. Total underdogs but with a bright future. McKinnon and company are electric. Their fans don’t annoy me. I also sympathize with the fact that their owner is an asshat. I started watching some of their games this year on NHLtv.

I also like the Jets. They are building something. Their fans are intense but not obnoxious. It would be great for a Canadian team, especially a frigid place like Winnipeg, to win the cup.

And the Knights. What a great story. Everybody’s rejects come back to kick your ass.

Reactions: Lancer

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I’m with you on this. I liked the Preds early last year, but their arrogant fan base made me go away. Nashville...a great city, but the juvenile fans “suck”. Plus, they are a heavily penalized team. You also see a lot go uncalled. And the PK stuff. Great person, great player...so why does he act like that?

I like the Avs. Total underdogs but with a bright future. McKinnon and company are electric. Their fans don’t annoy me. I also sympathize with the fact that their owner is an asshat. I started watching some of their games this year on NHLtv.

I also like the Jets. They are building something. Their fans are intense but not obnoxious. It would be great for a Canadian team, especially a frigid place like Winnipeg, to win the cup.

And the Knights. What a great story. Everybody’s rejects come back to kick your ass.
Yeah it sucks because I actually like the Preds as a team. Been a Rinne fan for years. Probably longer than 90% of Nashville's "fan base" knew they had a hockey team. Completely agree with Subban and the "suck" chants. Its annoying some of the calls they get too. It really has turned me off of them. They just aren't likeable anymore to me.

I used to hate the Avs. I lived in Colorado when they got their team and were instant cup winners while I, lowly Blues fan, have had a team for years and seen my team suffer for so long and not win anything. Colorado fans had no idea how good they had it. But they have had a proper amount of suckage now and actually built a really fun team to watch and yeah, their fans never REALLY annoyed me, just a little bit those first few years.

The Jets are just fun. Their fans have been pretty egotistical too but they don't have the giant bandwagon. Plus I am a big Paul Stastny fan and would love to see him win a cup. Cool logo, awesome atmosphere, great players. Just a fun team to watch. I really liked the Thrashers too.

The Knights are an enigma to me. Part of me hates that they are instant winners but it's not like the Avs of 1995-1996. They followed the rules and just surprised everyone like you said. Pretty cool.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Hopefully Vegas does the same thing to SJ.

I don't think so, the Sharks look really good right now also, as good as MAF was against the Kings, I think he needs to be better against the Sharks.

Do you think Blues would get swept by Vegas? How about Kings?

I think we loose to Vegas in 4-5 and would be a 6-7 game series against the Kings, The kings looked bad but so did we for a good portion of the season lol, would have been 'the series of suck!'

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Subban is such garbage on the ice. There was a play earlier in the game where he glove-punched Comeau right in the face as the referee looked on and Comeau just looked at the ref like "Are you really going to just let him get away with that?" It's a shame, too, because he is so charismatic, very philanthropic, and such a great ambassador for the game. I don't know why he has to ruin all of that by being such a shit-heel on the ice.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Do you think Blues would get swept by Vegas? How about Kings?
I don't think we would have gotten swept, but we would have lost in about 6. The King's were horrid throughout the whole series and relied too heavily on Quick. I think we would have beaten the Kings in 5-6 games.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Yeah, we would have matched far better with the Kings than with the Knights. I feel like Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Pietrangelo, Parayko would help steal a game or two against Vegas though.

I really don't like Nashville like I did last year. So many players being dirty in game 3 against the Avs, just terrible.

Reactions: Bluesman91

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Subban is such garbage on the ice. There was a play earlier in the game where he glove-punched Comeau right in the face as the referee looked on and Comeau just looked at the ref like "Are you really going to just let him get away with that?" It's a shame, too, because he is so charismatic, very philanthropic, and such a great ambassador for the game. I don't know why he has to ruin all of that by being such a ****-heel on the ice.
Reminds me of last playoffs where he would cross-check and then just lay on top of our players for 8 seconds at a time while the ref just stares.

Reactions: DoubleK81

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Yeah, we would have matched far better with the Kings than with the Knights. I feel like Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Pietrangelo, Parayko would help steal a game or two against Vegas though.

I really don't like Nashville like I did last year. So many players being dirty in game 3 against the Avs, just terrible.

My thoughts exactly. This King's team was terrible outside of Quick.

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis

Tarasenko wouldn't have played. So that'd be one hell of a cheerleading job.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Really?

We don't have Tarasenko. It showed in last game we missed him already. I highly doubt Schwartz and Schenn could win alone Kings. Btw Kings get swept, but they lost all games just one goal. I can't imagine how many shots Allen would saved compare to Quick. :laugh:

Even if we would play against Kings we would get smoked. Injury filled Blues + no Tarasenko would have been brutal to watch. Ofc this if if game is easy to shout, but I really don't believe we would had any change against Kings too.

Last edited:

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Really?

We don't have Tarasenko. It showed in last game we missed him already. I highly doubt Schwartz and Schenn could win alone Kings. Btw Kings get swept, but they lost all games just one goal. I can't imagine how many shots Allen would saved compare to Quick. :laugh:

Even if we would play against Kings we would get smoked. Injury filled Blues + no Tarasenko would have been brutal to watch. Ofc this if if game is easy to shout, but I really don't believe we would had any change against Kings too.
There's really no predicting how Allen would have fared in this environment. However, Minnesota absolutely crushed us in possession 5 on 5 last year in the playoffs and Jake Allen stood on his head, so who knows? Maybe facing so many shots again gets him back in gear. And like I said, forgot about Tarasenko being out which is a huge blow I will admit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad