Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
I have been saying that Vegas was going to run out of steam for 60+ games now. I don't want to jinx them by changing my opinion now.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Those quick two goals by Vegas was crazy. I'm actually starting to like the Knights a little bit now and it's good to see them go 3-0 against the Kings.
took the kings completely by surprise on both. took it from a close game to a long shot for the kings in 21 seconds

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
LA was very fortunate to have the run that they had. They've really declined though, and that offense just isn't good enough.
Sad thing is, our offense is worse. I can't imagine what our series with Nashville would have been had we made it in.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Sad thing is, our offense is worse. I can't imagine what our series with Nashville would have been had we made it in.

Yep, their top problem is they take way too many penalties. Our PP makes us a terrible matchup. Austin Watson would probably have 5 short handed breakaway goals in the series vs us.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Man watching the Avs destroy the Preds has been fun to watch. It'd be awesome if they somehow upset the Preds in the first round, don't think it will happen but it'd be amazing.

Mackinnon has long been one of my favorite non Blues players in the league, I saw him play in person at the Scottrade his rookie year and remember he was the fastest skater on the ice even back then. It was that game where Backes and Mackinnon dropped the gloves and then Backes hauled him down and Avs fans were pissed about it lol.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
I'm not a big fan of the ducks so watching them get blown out is fun.
Rinne getting pulled was weird, he dominated us lately it seems. They're pulling now, but watching them get smoked was fun too.
Its weird not having a rooting interest in any team but fun because I don't get pissed.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
This years playoff in general is demonstrating to me that the Blues need to be faster. I am almost glad the Avs beat us. They simply wanted it more, and that, in and of itself, is the problem. The Blues need to be the team that wants it more. We were tired and defeated before the last game of the season started.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Subban is dirty coward. I have zero respect for him.
Yeah, he's really an idiot on the ice.

I do get a kick out of people that are appalled that others hate him. His antics are up there with just about anyone else in the league. I don't really care how "classy" he is off the ice. Most players are good guys off the ice, like Ott for example, so it's pretty irrelevant.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I think the Avs have exposed the Preds.

1) Rinne not as good as he was last year
2) Minus a bad line change and some bad penalties the Avs could have won today.

I’ll repeat....

Avs scored in their first shots in games 1 and 2. Avs scored on their second shot in game 3. Preds pull Rinne in game 3.

Avs speed killing Preds early. Avs go turtle mode late...and we know what disaster they are courting by doing this. Preds show everybody how dirty they play.

Now this series may ultimately go to the Preds, but what it shows is a formula for how to beat the Preds: speed, skill, and discipline.

The other thing to watch is how the Avs respond. They come right back after a Preds goal with one of their own. Plus, McKinnon is their engine. It’s nice when a superstar takes control and everybody around him starts to believe.

Last edited:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
if not for the penalty resulting in an empty netter, the preds might have climbed back in this one

thank goodness they shot themselves in the foot (pk special)

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Wild in trouble. Parise out.

Jet player should get a few for cross checking Stahl up in the head.

CBJ looks good. Bob is excellent. Love that their goalie is calleed "Bob".

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Kings a period away from being swept. Imagine Vegas undefeated in their first ever playoff series. The NHL must be overjoyed! This is an even better story than PK Subban and the rise of the Preds. :sarcasm: I know, this is entirely irrational, and I readily admit it, but this story is somehow really rubbing me the wrong way.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Kings a period away from being swept. Imagine Vegas undefeated in their first ever playoff series. The NHL must be overjoyed! This is an even better story than PK Subban and the rise of the Preds. :sarcasm: I know, this is entirely irrational, and I readily admit it, but this story is somehow really rubbing me the wrong way.

I love it.....as long as it ends with them losing in the SCF. Would mean that Winnipeg and Nashville don't even have a chance at winning and a first year expansion team wouldn't beat the Blues to a cup. If they win and I was a part of the Seattle group, I'd pull my bid immediately because there are going to be some very unrealistic expectations. (Not that they aren't going to be there already)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad