Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Or maybe the thought that you need a bunch of vets isn't valid, since a team with talented youngsters and a lot of speed is pushing them to the brink. Pretty much the talented 20-22 year old forwards and Freddy playing well has the Leafs on the verge of toppling the Bruins.

Pastrnak, MaCavoy, and DeBrusk are all under 25. Marchand and Krug are under 30. That’s half their top 6 and 2 of their top 4 defenseman, not exactly a bunch of geriatrics out there.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Is this the year the Caps finally beat Pittsburgh in the second round? I hope they can.

My heart says yes but my head says no.

With that said, I wasn't all that impressed with Murray in the last round and he has struggled all year. He's got the 'big game' reputation and resume to match, but the Flyers series tells me that his playoff resume might have more to do with small sample size and good timing than an innate ability to flip a switch. For the Caps, Holtby appears to have woken up after watching a couple games from the bench. He is playing aggressive, tracking pucks well and looks confident again.

If the goalies each play like they did last series, the Caps have a very real shot. For the Pens to win, Murray needs to step up or Holtby needs to falter. Injuries to Malkin and Hagelin are also major blows to the Pens. Hagelin didn't travel with the team, so it seems very unlikely that he'll play game 2. If Malkin misses more than just game 1, the Caps have a heck of an opportunity to get this monkey off their back.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Gardiner isn't top2 defenseman. Awful at d-zone.

He may have single-handedly convinced Toronto to trade an elite young forward for a top pairing D man. He was atrocious last night and was a major reason that Toronto failed to hold on to 3 separate leads in a game 7. Boston is a fantastic team, but you just have to find a way to make one of those leads hold up. Once Boston went up a goal in the 3rd, they put on an absolute clinic on how to choke the life out of a team trying to mount a comeback.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Dang....I’m beginning to hate the Pens. Nothing personal, just would like to see somebody else win for a change.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Vegas is a display of exactly why the NHL needed expansion. There are so many good players in the league right now.
Yep. Makes you wonder how many players are stuck behind underperforming high priced superstars. If these 3rd and 4th liners were elevated to more playing minutes on top lines, could they shine? I know McKinnon did this in Colorado when Duchene left.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Every player on the Knights has a chip on his shoulder for being dumped by his former team. Amazing what a desire to really prove something does for a team.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Pavelski losing it.

Kane losing it...probably gonna get a suspension.

That was insanely stupid, but I think it's 50/50 that he gets suspended. I could see the DoPS looking at his lack of history and buying his argument that he was trying to get his arm and it slid up. It would be a suspension every time in my NHL, but I've seen the DoPS do a fine (or nothing) on worse plays.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Stastny seems to be having success in Winnipeg. He may not be willing to leave depending on how far they go in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad