Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I figured that depth guy was Stralman

Things change, defensemen get hurt, teams cap situation shifts, money can be witheld in a trade.
I know things change, the question I'm asking, what has changed since then to right now. Because it seems with McAvoy almost ready, the time they need move salary has changed from hypothetical to soon.

My question with this, where would a realistic landing spots for Reilly (or whomever we move) be? Bruins need to do this sooner than later,

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
If there's a plan to trade for a true quality C prospect (a hockey trade as Dom put it), then and only then do I accept trading Gryz (lol that #48 post). I think a lot of you guys are casually ignoring how ridiculously good that 3.7M cap hit is. He's getting north of 5.25M on his next deal, arguably not from us. So I had him being traded eventually anyway. So that would be what it would take for me.

Of stuff that's been mentioned in the last few pages:

-No they aren't moving Foligno
-No Zacha isn't gonna play on the 4th
-No I doubt Lysell comes up this year (call that 95% sure)

-Yes they probably don't miss Smith in the lineup or locker room
-Yes they probably do need Reilly's depth more

I guess it's going to happen soon thankfully. They probably want the guys to stop feeling like the axe is overhead anyway. Time to get a lineup we're comfortable with and go to war.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If there's a plan to trade for a true quality C prospect (a hockey trade as Dom put it), then and only then do I accept trading Gryz (lol that #48 post). I think a lot of you guys are casually ignoring how ridiculously good that 3.7M cap hit is. He's getting north of 5.25M on his next deal, arguably not from us. So I had him being traded eventually anyway. So that would be what it would take for me.

Of stuff that's been mentioned in the last few pages:

-No they aren't moving Foligno
-No Zacha isn't gonna play on the 4th
-No I doubt Lysell comes up this year (call that 95% sure)

-Yes they probably don't miss Smith in the lineup or locker room
-Yes they probably do need Reilly's depth more

I guess it's going to happen soon thankfully. They probably want the guys to stop feeling like the axe is overhead anyway. Time to get a lineup we're comfortable with and go to war.
For discussion purposes, let's say it is Smith and/or Reilly as the oddmen out.

What teams have a need for either right now? Either due to roster/injuries/NHL prospects not sticking?

We all obvious keep an eye on what the Bruins need, but any teams have any glaring holes that we could help?

Reactions: sarge88

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Smith and Reilly should be the first 2 guys out the door. I like some of the internal candidates to fill in on the right side bottom 6 to replace Smith. Reilly maybe they eat $500k a year or add a mid round pick sweetener to him to make it happen. Reilly is not terrible. He will help a new teams defense.

If they could deal both guys now I’d do it. I know cap wise right now they wouldn’t need to deal both just one, but I would free up the space as soon as possible and the other guys on the roster can do the job both guys have done.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

What teams have a need for either right now? Either due to roster/injuries/NHL prospects not sticking?

We all obvious keep an eye on what the Bruins need, but any teams have any glaring holes that we could help?

As per usual there's always a way to overcome need with incentive. The sabres, yotes, ducks and others have ample cap space. In the event we can't find the fit, we'll bribe the fit with a pick. Although with Buffalo and Reilly, that may be a natural fit.

With Smith? Yeah we're probably going to need to pay someone off. Although Dom doesn't think that'll happen, and I've learned to trust Dom.

Reactions: HustleB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Chicago just lost Seth Jones for 3-4 weeks. They're playing better than expected and might need an offensive type defenseman to help while he's out.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Frederic out is interesting...trade bait.
Everyone in the bottom 6 except Coyle has taken turns sitting so I don’t think it’s too unordinary - he also wouldn’t clear too much cap. But I do think he may be in Stud’s position where Greer can do his job better and he’d likely be claimed. May be another project for project trade or a take what we can get. Not sure what his future is here and too many bodies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Everyone in the bottom 6 except Coyle has taken turns sitting so I don’t think it’s too unordinary - he also wouldn’t clear too much cap. But I do think he may be in Stud’s position where Greer can do his job better and he’d likely be claimed. May be another project for project trade or a take what we can get. Not sure what his future is here and too many bodies.

Agreed...

Greer, Lauko, McLovin, Beecher, etc...can easily step in and replace Frederic. Trade makes sense.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Frederic out / on zero line is interesting...trade bait.

Reilly and Frederic to Chicago for Khaira and a pick or prospect.

Saves the B's 2.0 -- gives Chicago a guy who can help with the PP while Jones is out and gives them a younger LW replacement for Khaira in the bottom 6, and gives the B's cap space and a bigger, tougher version of Frederic.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It's baffling to me people advocating for Zboril over Gryz. Zboril has to be one of the dumbest players I've ever seen wear a spoked B. He makes half a dozen boneheaded plays a game.

I'll take Gryz and his skating and skill over Zboril any day.
Post of the month. Nice

Reactions: 13Hockey

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Reilly and Frederic to Chicago for Khaira and a pick or prospect.

Saves the B's 2.0 -- gives Chicago a guy who can help with the PP while Jones is out and gives them a younger LW replacement for Khaira in the bottom 6, and gives the B's cap space and a bigger, tougher version of Frederic.
I always liked Khaira and am generally dismissive about head injury pearl clutching, but Khaira's had some of the scariest looking concussions I've ever witnessed.

Not sure I want to see that guy bruise his last remaining synapses while wearing the spoked B.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I don’t know, I haven’t really been impressed with his game so far this season. If they have to choose between him or Reilly I’m probably keeping Reilly. Zboril’s been a pretty big disappointment so keeping Reilly adds some insurance if Zboril doesn’t improve. When Marchand and Krejci are back there’s not really a place for Smith anymore. Zacha will move to the third line and there’s nobody in the bottom six that he would be pushing out unless it’s Frederic/Greer but he’s not much better than either one and he’s getting the most money.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
As per usual there's always a way to overcome need with incentive. The sabres, yotes, ducks and others have ample cap space. In the event we can't find the fit, we'll bribe the fit with a pick. Although with Buffalo and Reilly, that may be a natural fit.

With Smith? Yeah we're probably going to need to pay someone off. Although Dom doesn't think that'll happen, and I've learned to trust Dom.
BUT BUT BUT....we can't trade Reilly in our division....what if he comes baack to haunt us? LMAO

Reactions: quietbruinfan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
could be. i'd like to have 9 capable NHL defenders, so adding another solid depth guy for a mid round
pick or prospect would be ideal.
How are you trading a mid round pick or prospect for someone who plays in the AHL? Can only roster 8.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Fabulous Lysell, First of all good screenname. Second, good argument about Reilly, who I do prefer to Zboril. However, in my ideal world they are both long gone.
As for the rest, Smith is still better than TF, who shows flashes of talent, but is neither smart nor good defensively. I am not wild about Greer either. He has a good snapshot and good size but slightly below average hands and speed. Zacha sees the ice well, passes well, has a good drag snapshot but is definitely slow, and I think, lazy.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Fabulous Lysell, First of all good screenname. Second, good argument about Reilly, who I do prefer to Zboril. However, in my ideal world they are both long gone.
As for the rest, Smith is still better than TF, who shows flashes of talent, but is neither smart nor good defensively. I am not wild about Greer either. He has a good snapshot and good size but slightly below average hands and speed. Zacha sees the ice well, passes well, has a good drag snapshot but is definitely slow, and I think, lazy.
You don’t like anyone. We get it lol.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I always liked Khaira and am generally dismissive about head injury pearl clutching, but Khaira's had some of the scariest looking concussions I've ever witnessed.

Not sure I want to see that guy bruise his last remaining synapses while wearing the spoked B.

Fair point. I was just trying to come up with bottom 6 for bottom 6 moves that could benefit both teams. Chicago gets younger, the Bruins get a closer version of what we hope Frederic might be.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Reilly + Smith to Anaheim.
We dont need either of them once McAvoy come back.
Unfortunately, neither player is likely in high demand with the Ducks.....or any other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad