Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's baffling to me people advocating for Zboril over Gryz. Zboril has to be one of the dumbest players I've ever seen wear a spoked B. He makes half a dozen boneheaded plays a game.

I'll take Gryz and his skating and skill over Zboril any day.
Fans teend to underestimate just how good Gryz can be, now I maybe wrong but I believe Gryz has had injuries that have greatly effected his play , and if he is healthy now which I think he is , my point is being made . If you feel the Bruins should move Gryz because fear of injury or for cap space I will understand , but please do not try and tell me he is not a good player .

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
For discussion purposes, let's say it is Smith and/or Reilly as the oddmen out.

What teams have a need for either right now? Either due to roster/injuries/NHL prospects not sticking?

We all obvious keep an eye on what the Bruins need, but any teams have any glaring holes that we could help?
Oshie is out for the Caps "indefinitely." Hagelin is also out long term. I think their replacements either are not ready or not good, read Portas. I could see them having interest in Smith.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Everyone in the bottom 6 except Coyle has taken turns sitting so I don’t think it’s too unordinary - he also wouldn’t clear too much cap. But I do think he may be in Stud’s position where Greer can do his job better and he’d likely be claimed. May be another project for project trade or a take what we can get. Not sure what his future is here and too many bodies.
I have not seen enough from Greer that I would say he can replace Fredric. I also think Fredric has been playing better and is starting to look more comfortable out there....

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Reilly + Smith to Anaheim.
We dont need either of them once McAvoy come back.
Unfortunately, neither player is likely in high demand with the Ducks.....or any other team.
If we trade some assets to you,, can we get Clifton instead? :laugh: (joke, please don't kill me)

I think we'd be more likely to pick up Reilly off waivers the next time he has to clear. So...Smith and a pick, I guess.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If we trade some assets to you,, can we get Clifton instead? :laugh: (joke, please don't kill me)

I think we'd be more likely to pick up Reilly off waivers the next time he has to clear. So...Smith and a pick, I guess.
Smith + 7th round pick

Deal

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
With McAvoy inching closer to a return.... it will be interesting to see what Donny does next

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Earlier today

"Talks have intensified"

The only detail I will share right now is that It "could" happen before the Rangers game on Thursday.

Now I know there are those that are going to hold me to that and so be it.

there's no roster limit once you hit the trade deadline
You are once again correct.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The trade talk scares me

Don't be scared, it's silly to be scared.

Boy, am I silly
(in my best pee wee Herman voice)

Strangely enough, I'm not worried about this deal at all and that's new to me. When I got wind of the Lindholm talks at trade deadline, I was shitting bricks then. Not this time.

I just compared notes with a very well-respected Bruins media person and we're on the same page. So that makes me feel better too.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I don't see the logic in trading Smith for space. Come deadline they will want a flexible top-9 player like Smith.

Also, using Capfriendly's GM tool, it shows Boston would be above the cap by sending down Nosek + Stralman and bringing up Lauko before activating McAvoy. That seems the better route, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Predicting Smith and/ or Reilly, maybe Frederick as a sweetener to who knows where for 2 career AHL players or prospects who will never make it or are at least 5 years away

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
He's RD correct?

Verbeek / Sweeney with a history of dealing.

Honestly, Reilly + Smith for an AHLer gives us 6M cap space.

Maybe we could sell higher, but clearing that cap is worth it if that's all it to
Don't be scared, it's silly to be scared.

Boy, am I silly
(in my best pee wee Herman voice)

Strangely enough, I'm not worried about this deal at all and that's new to me. When I got wind of the Lindholm talks at trade deadline, I was shitting bricks then. Not this time.

I just compared notes with a very well-respected Bruins media person and we're on the same page. So that makes me feel better too.
Hey Dom, hope you are felling better, it was nice seeing you on the podcast again last week.

I don't see the logic in trading Smith for space. Come deadline they will want a flexible top-9 player like Smith.

Also, using Capfriendly's GM tool, it shows Boston would be above the cap by sending down Nosek + Stralman and bringing up Lauko before activating McAvoy. That seems the better route, no?
I have a feeling it could be Reilly + Frederic moved out.

Reactions: DominicT

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I think my biggest concern is trying to fit Bergeron and Krejcis bonuses under this years cap instead of next year. If one or both retire I want lots of space to potentially sign a big time UFA. How does the cap space work for that this year. Say we have 8mill in deadline space, is that actual space we can include those bonuses in? I think that’s a determining factor if we move Smith along with Reilly. Reilly is gone no matter what in my mind just to activate McAvoy

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I don’t see the logic in trading Smith or Frederic. As others have stated, you would be looking for a RW like Smith at the TDL and another bottom six LH center as insurance.

Yes Zacha can play there but that’s more for a top 9 role. Frederic is the only fill in at the 4C center in case Nosek goes down or is moved up and that is very important down the stretch.

5 NHL quality LHD is an insane luxury and Reilly should be the one to go IMO

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I think my biggest concern is trying to fit Bergeron and Krejcis bonuses under this years cap instead of next year. If one or both retire I want lots of space to potentially sign a big time UFA. How does the cap space work for that this year. Say we have 8mill in deadline space, is that actual space we can include those bonuses in? I think that’s a determining factor if we move Smith along with Reilly. Reilly is gone no matter what in my mind just to activate McAvoy
No.

Deadline space is the AAV that can be added on trade deadline.

Last deadline the NYR had enough deadline space to add Connor McDavid. But he wouldn't fit under this years cap for them.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I have a feeling it could be Reilly + Frederic moved out.
Depends what the return is...

But if it's Frederic to take Reilly, that doesn't feel good.

If it's Reilly+ Frederic for an upgrade on Frederic, then sure.

But considering we are trying to shed cap, almost makes me feel like it's the former.

Reactions: Tbaybruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad