Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
18 and 19 yr olds have to get an exemption to play in the AHL...... THE minimum is 20 yr old independent of the CHL Agreement;

add to that the rule from 2013, where September 15th is the cutoff date..... Bergeron's case was different when he was assigned because there was no NHL Team or league due to the 2004 lockout and eventually cancellation of the 2004 season... the AHL continued as did the ECHL because it's a separate union than the NHL (PHPA)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Lias andersson on waivers. Wonder if axelson can turn him around only 24 very high drafted player.
Draft position means nothing the day after your draft.

Lias Andersson has struggled to make it to the NHL.

With a team that just cut ties with Jack Studnicka, I'd think they are not currently looking to grab an NHL project.

That said, he is the kind of player to take a chance on if your team can handle the growing pains. I wouldn't be surprised to see Van take a shot at him, too.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Devils fan here, I was wondering if yall could tell me what when Bergeron became the Bergeron Selke winner we know today?

It was clear he had special IQ as an 18 year old, but it was under Julien when he was 23 or so that IQ really started to blossom into the player we think of today.

I know this is a secret Nico question. Don't put that kind of pressure on Nico.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
It's baffling to me people advocating for Zboril over Gryz. Zboril has to be one of the dumbest players I've ever seen wear a spoked B. He makes half a dozen boneheaded plays a game.

I'll take Gryz and his skating and skill over Zboril any day.
Gryz has shown that he is no use in the playoffs. Too small, too easily targeted, too easily injured. Reilly shies away from contact when faced with a heavy forecheck; pretty much an every game playoff scenario. Both can go. Zboril may have more upside once he gets some more games in and gets some of the bad decision making out of his game. He was playing very well when he got hurt last year.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Devils fan here, I was wondering if yall could tell me what when Bergeron became the Bergeron Selke winner we know today?
had to rework his career after his concussion, thankfully not only did his excellent work ethic and IQ lead to his legendary D, but his offensive game rebounded :) scored 31 goals in his sophomore season.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
The Bruins should get rid of Smith and call Toronto and ask for Malgin. He would be a cheap Smith replacement and probably provide a bit more offensively than Smith. Sadly Toronto has no cap, otherwise I am sure they would take Reilly in a heartbeat, as their D is atrocious.

Reactions: Blowfish

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
As of today, this is what the Bruins need to move $$ wise to activate McAvoy according to....

Yours truly (me) - $1,175,519

Cap Friendly - $1,185,045

Puck Pedia - $1,175,517

The roster below is a 22-man roster, so no one has to move to create a roster spot, only cap space. It also doesn't take into account Bergeron/Krejci/Swayman bonuses. My idea is move Smith, recall Lauko.

How do you make it happen?

View attachment 600890

Buried cap hits are $225,000 for Wagner and $1,972,298 for Reilly.
Although he definitely has value, especially on PK, couldn’t you also move Nosek for a draft pick? That clears $1.75M and you can put the surplus on a gift certificate.

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
Smith is wearing down and fading but is much better than most here think. If there was any other way to dump substantial cap dollars, I would find it.
I don’t know, I haven’t really been impressed with his game so far this season. If they have to choose between him or Reilly I’m probably keeping Reilly. Zboril’s been a pretty big disappointment so keeping Reilly adds some insurance if Zboril doesn’t improve. When Marchand and Krejci are back there’s not really a place for Smith anymore. Zacha will move to the third line and there’s nobody in the bottom six that he would be pushing out unless it’s Frederic/Greer but he’s not much better than either one and he’s getting the most money.

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
I don’t know, I haven’t really been impressed with his game so far this season. If they have to choose between him or Reilly I’m probably keeping Reilly. Zboril’s been a pretty big disappointment so keeping Reilly adds some insurance if Zboril doesn’t improve. When Marchand and Krejci are back there’s not really a place for Smith anymore. Zacha will move to the third line and there’s nobody in the bottom six that he would be pushing out unless it’s Frederic/Greer but he’s not much better than either one and he’s getting the most money.
Wait I just realized that when McAvoy comes back there’s really no place for Reilly or Zboril. So in that case you’d ideally want to move both (Smith/Reilly) if you can.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Although he definitely has value, especially on PK, couldn’t you also move Nosek for a draft pick? That clears $1.75M and you can put the surplus on a gift certificate.
Bruins lack of C depth , probably the reason they dont want to trade him

But I agree... it is an option. You can drop Frederic to play 4c

Reactions: bbfan419

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No, it doesn't clear that much. He has already spent time on the roster and would until a trade happens and that cap hit doesn't get removed after a trade.

And as I wrote in the article: it depends on whether the Bruins want to cover part or all of the Bergeron/Krejci/Swayman bonuses and how much they want to bank for trade deadline..

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

The move is gonna be coming soon

I think Reilly is the guy there moving

Just how much is it gonna cost us?

He was on waivers just under a month ago. No takers.

His play definitely didn't hurt his value, but will it cost anything to take him? Or will it just be a contract/contract?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
fair point. i'd ditch reilly now and find another depth guy later in the year.

he doesn't strike me as a guy who would enjoy the AHL very much.
I figured that depth guy was Stralman

Just how much is it gonna cost us?

He was on waivers just under a month ago. No takers.

His play definitely didn't hurt his value, but will it cost anything to take him? Or will it just be a contract/contract?
Things change, defensemen get hurt, teams cap situation shifts, money can be witheld in a trade.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad