Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I can't imagine with McAvoy back, that we will carry 8 d-men on our roster. So there is certainly a hockey trade to be made. You go down the list of our D-men this season and it is hard to find one you want to give up.

Forbert has been solid on the PK
Grz looks like he might be in for a breakout year. Looking like Krug out there these days.
Clifton has been surprisingly good. Give you everything you want in a Bruin.
Carlo is a rock, I know he gets a lot of negative attention because he isn't flashy. He is one of the best stay at home guys in the league when he is playing.
Zboril has been great and looks like he is coming into the form we thought he would when we drafted him
Lindholm has been on of the best defensemen in the league
Stralman isn't going anywhere given he was just signed

There are worse problems to have. It is also hard this early in the season to determine what other GMs are thinking about their teams and who is available on the trade market.
Why would we not carry 8D? We almost always carry 8D.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As of today, this is what the Bruins need to move $$ wise to activate McAvoy according to....

Yours truly (me) - $1,175,519

Cap Friendly - $1,185,045

Puck Pedia - $1,175,517

The roster below is a 22-man roster, so no one has to move to create a roster spot, only cap space. It also doesn't take into account Bergeron/Krejci/Swayman bonuses. My idea is move Smith, recall Lauko.

How do you make it happen?

Bruins Cap.PNG

Buried cap hits are $225,000 for Wagner and $1,972,298 for Reilly.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
As of today, this is what the Bruins need to move $$ wise to activate McAvoy according to....

Puck Pedia - $1,175,517

The roster below is a 22-man roster, so no one has to move to create a roster spot, only cap space. It also doesn't take into account Bergeron/Krejci/Swayman bonuses. My idea is move Smith, recall Lauko.

View attachment 600890

Feels to me like it’s either moving Reilly for a two way contract already in the A (or a pick where we give a higher pick) to get rid of his whole number or moving Smith. While I get moving Smith with the depth we have able to play 3RW (and with Montgomery not shy about playing guys on their off side over there), my gut says that would not be their first choice.

I’m going to say it will be Reilly, but only at about 55/45%. I don’t see them moving anyone else.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Reilly seems like the likely choice to go, there are teams looking for D now like Buffalo. Also Smith as mentioned, but what about Foligno he has played pretty well and in the last year of his deal, so maybe some team would want him for a leadership role?

Reactions: Kegs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Reilly seems like the likely choice to go, there are teams looking for D now like Buffalo. Also Smith as mentioned, but what about Foligno he has played pretty well and in the last year of his deal, so maybe some team would want him for a leadership role?
Foligno will not be moved.............

Reactions: Kegs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

Puck Pedia - $1,175,517

View attachment 600890

i'm not gonna pretend i know the cap anywhere near the level that you do, so you tell me if
this makes sense: perhaps bruins trade reilly with some level of retention, and include kyle
keyser to the acquiring team. maybe why they picked up dipietro.

Reactions: sarge88

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
It would be great to move Reilly and Smith to move as much cap as possible to include the Bergeron and Krejci bonuses in this year, to free as much cap space to sign a Larkin or Horvot type Center in the offseason.

A bottom six of Foligno-Zacha-Lauko and Frederic-Coyle-Greer would be great. Good offense that can chip in some goals as well as mix it up to create energy.

If Lindholm-Gryz play well together I would be tempted to keep them together. Gryz-Carlo didn’t seem like a great combo in the past. I know they are on their offsides but this line up could be great

Carlo-McAvoy
Lindholm-Gryz
Forbort-Clifton
Zboril-Stralman

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
i'm not gonna pretend i know the cap anywhere near the level that you do, so you tell me if
this makes sense: perhaps bruins trade reilly with some level of retention, and include kyle
keyser to the acquiring team. maybe why they picked up dipietro.
So, moving Reilly today would save $2.691 million - Keyser would do nothing.

Activating McAvoy would then give them about $1.59 million in current cap space and $7.3 million in deadline cap space.

They could retain a million and have $590,000 in cap space now and $2.73 million in deadline space.

I don't think they are willing to swap Keyser out for DiPietro until Essensa and Dunham have a chance to work with MDP. I think Keyser is finally 100% healthy and we are starting to see what he is capable of.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
A move is getting closer. I don't know who or when, but it's gotta be coming.

Right now Don Sweeney and Evan Gold are playing chess while other GM's are playing checkers.

Thanks, love this stuff to but more when it work out for Bruins 😁

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Gotta keep Reilly IMO. Ditch Smith for whatever. Zacha-Coyle-Smith is what 12 mil vs the cap? Little stiff for a 3rd line.
It has to be Smith. With Foligno's return from the dead, they've got probably five guys now that can take Smith's spot - four of whom make peanuts. They can jettison Smith without compromising roster depth.

If he'd help the cause and pot a few over the next week and pump up his value, that'd be great.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
He's been goalless in 18 of his last 20 games last I checked.

Gross.
Smith was approaching 30 games in a Bruins uniform without a goal till last week.

Lauko, Greer can do what Smith does, cheaper and younger.

Lauko makes nearly 2.5 million less and Greer is out scoring Smith.

Lysell is playing very good hockey in the AHL and is a RW that shoots right. Third line is a place to nurture him in.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
For me the player to move is still #48. He has been playing very well. I certainly like how he has been playing his value should be good at present and he should be very attractive to a team fighting to be a playoff team. Moving him solves the cap issues and I think certain teams would be willing to give the Bruins a decant return

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
For me the player to move is still #48. He has been playing very well. I certainly like how he has been playing his value should be good at present and he should be very attractive to a team fighting to be a playoff team. Moving him solves the cap issues and I think certain teams would be willing to give the Bruins a decant return
THEY'RE not trading DeBrusk now that Cassidy is gone....otherwise Jake would've been gone nor been given the 2 yr extension at last year's trade deadline

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I had this convo with Billy Jaffe several weeks ago. I I suggested Gryz and he agreed. Then added "I don't think management agrees with us".

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
THEY'RE not trading DeBrusk now that Cassidy is gone....otherwise Jake would've been gone nor been given the 2 yr extension at last year's trade deadline
Jake doesn’t wear 48

I had this convo with Billy Jaffe several weeks ago. I I suggested Gryz and he agreed. Then added "I don't think management agrees with us".
I understand the return part. But I’m not trading Grizz as a contender. Zboril/Reilly are well below him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad