Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Miles Wood is hugely overrated here. He is very fast, strong, and physical but he is often out of control and pays no attention to details, like body positioning, or angles, or defensive position. He goes too fast for that. He is not a particularly good passer and is not good at anything when not at break-neck speed. He is bad Jake Debrusk but physical. He would go from folk hero to gigantic whipping boy here in two or three games and rightly so.
He is over rated here because he scores most of his goals against the bruins. The fans don’t see the other games where he is dreadful. Jersey fans don’t really care about him much as far as I can tell.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I wonder if a deal could be worked out for Reilly to Buffalo...they just lost Samuelsson and Jokiharju.

I would imagine the extra year will scare them off as they have some big contracts kicking in next year but you have to imagine they are looking around for someone.

They are one of the few teams that have the cap space. Even throwing in a little bit of sweetener

Reactions: Gordoff

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
the Bruins should be trying their hardest to retain Reilly's services. finding the cap relief via further use of LTIR, trading from the bottom-six (and forward scratches) depth would be much less of a subtraction. I'm always rooting for Smith successes, but he's about three times easier to replace than Reilly is "worth." I believe even losing Lauko makes enough room, but everything to please Pastrnak, so of course not. Studnicka was the right call. if it has to be a defenseman, didn't the Leafs want Stralman? funny how that most recent contract would be plenty of relief were it undone. the Lightning would just put an abandoned carload of concussions on LTIR and get a cash advance to keep the hard party going. Reilly is a waiver-cleared plus player able to sub in anywhere. other ways out are more gentle solutions. Reilly is way underrated, but I don't have a source to link to for that claim.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
the Bruins should be trying their hardest to retain Reilly's services. finding the cap relief via further use of LTIR, trading from the bottom-six (and forward scratches) depth would be much less of a subtraction. I'm always rooting for Smith successes, but he's about three times easier to replace than Reilly is "worth." I believe even losing Lauko makes enough room, but everything to please Pastrnak, so of course not. Studnicka was the right call. if it has to be a defenseman, didn't the Leafs want Stralman? funny how that most recent contract would be plenty of relief were it undone. the Lightning would just put an abandoned carload of concussions on LTIR and get a cash advance to keep the hard party going. Reilly is a waiver-cleared plus player able to sub in anywhere. other ways out are more gentle solutions. Reilly is way underrated, but I don't have a source to link to for that claim.
Stralman’s $1 million dollar contract would be “plenty of relief?” How?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
A move is getting closer. I don't know who or when, but it's gotta be coming.

Right now Don Sweeney and Evan Gold are playing chess while other GM's are playing checkers.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
With Zboril and Stralman at 7 and 8 there isn’t room at the inn for Reilly. You’re not signing a guy from a PTO and turning around and trading him a month later.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Right now Don Sweeney and Evan Gold are playing chess while other GM's are playing checkers.

Trading Smith worries me...need a righty and he's been playing much better lately. Frederick is the guy that should be moved with Reilly.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trading Smith worries me...need a righty and he's been playing much better lately. Frederick is the guy that should be moved with Reilly.
Fredric does not help what you need cap relief , Smith is playing well and have all ways liked watching him when his motors are running , but I do think him and Reilly will be moved............

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

Dom gun to your head you figure it's a forward or a D we have to punt? My 2 guesses are Reilly with some pick magic or a slight retain. Or it's gotta be Craig Smith (similar idea).

I don't think they wanna lose Nosek.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom gun to your head you figure it's a forward or a D we have to punt? My 2 guesses are Reilly with some pick magic or a slight retain. Or it's gotta be Craig Smith (similar idea).

I don't think they wanna lose Nosek.
As I wrote in the article, it comes down to a few things -

1) are they comfortable punting Bergeron/Krejci bonus to next year?

2) What is their target for trade deadline in terms of banked cap space?

Moving Reilly alone leaves them free and clear to activate McAvoy and gives them a bit of wiggle room. Not much. On the other hand, Smith may be easier to move because he is a pending UFA. Does the brass believe Greer or Lauko can give you what Smith does?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Smith+Reilly gives us more cap space and flexibility. About 6M.

Frederic+Reilly =4.

Is Smith (3.1)worth 3x worth Frederic (1.05)?

Keeping Smith at the expense of cap just because he played adequately, feels like a bad move.

We know the cost to move salary, rather give away Smith for pennies on the dollar than PAY someone else to take another Sweeney special.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Smith+Reilly gives us more cap space and flexibility. About 6M.

Frederic+Reilly =4.

Is Smith (3.1)worth 3x worth Frederic (1.05)?

Keeping Smith at the expense of cap just because he played adequately, feels like a bad move.

We know the cost to move salary, rather give away Smith for pennies on the dollar than PAY someone else to take another Sweeney special.
Going to really like to see what Don is going to pull off

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
?
I thought he wasn't getting ice time in Vancouvers system? Even less reason to give it to him now (from their point of view)

Or am I missing something?
That was my first thought. I wonder if they took him to relieve Vancouver of the situation of trying to figure out what to do now that they've apparently hurt or even ruined his development. Maybe they'll turn around and make him a piece in another trade? There has to be some value left there with him (I think)?

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Not many trade partners for a dump. Chicago is the only choice that makes sense. Even then I would think Don wants to make the team better through a trade and not worse. With McAvoy back we have 9 NHL level defensemen with 1 sitting in the minors. That is a problem.

Hard to make a decision on who even to cut when McAvoy gets back. Clifton who was a tweener, has been fantastic under this new system. I wonder if they would look at sending Zboril + Reilly + Smith to Chicago for Domi + Tinordi.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I really do not believe any trade is going to be a salary dump. I believe it will be a hockey trade.

Then again, my definitions of salary dump, and hockey trade probably differ from most others.

I can't imagine with McAvoy back, that we will carry 8 d-men on our roster. So there is certainly a hockey trade to be made. You go down the list of our D-men this season and it is hard to find one you want to give up.

Forbert has been solid on the PK
Grz looks like he might be in for a breakout year. Looking like Krug out there these days.
Clifton has been surprisingly good. Give you everything you want in a Bruin.
Carlo is a rock, I know he gets a lot of negative attention because he isn't flashy. He is one of the best stay at home guys in the league when he is playing.
Zboril has been great and looks like he is coming into the form we thought he would when we drafted him
Lindholm has been on of the best defensemen in the league
Stralman isn't going anywhere given he was just signed

There are worse problems to have. It is also hard this early in the season to determine what other GMs are thinking about their teams and who is available on the trade market.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad