Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
For me the player to move is still #48. He has been playing very well. I certainly like how he has been playing his value should be good at present and he should be very attractive to a team fighting to be a playoff team. Moving him solves the cap issues and I think certain teams would be willing to give the Bruins a decant return
what would your top 4 be ?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
what would your top 4 be ?
Going into the playoffs with GRYZ in your top 4 is not a winning combination. See if Zboril is ready to handle being in the top 4. If not you make a move at the TDL. For me it is all about asset management. I do not think his trade value will ever be better

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Going into the playoffs with GRYZ in your top 4 is not a winning combination. See if Zboril is ready to handle being in the top 4. If not you make a move at the TDL. For me it is all about asset management
He’s so small it’s disgusting honestly.

Reactions: Dr Hook

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Going into the playoffs with GRYZ in your top 4 is not a winning combination. See if Zboril is ready to handle being in the top 4. If not you make a move at the TDL. For me it is all about asset management
But most top 4 d cost more then 3.6 million

So if we have to get another top 4 d it will probably be more expensive then Grzy is

Zboril is not ready for top 4

way too early to be trading anyone.....
We have to trade someone to get McAvoy back in the lineup

Unless they send both foligno and Reilly to Providence

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
It's coming faster then you think. This is the real NHL not NHL22. You don't start talking trade an hour before your ready to activate Charlie.

Heck, they were talking to Vancouver almost a week about Jack Studnicka
you think Mac will be coming back earlier then his thanksgiving target ?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
you think Mac will be coming back earlier then his thanksgiving target ?
which is why Reilly's still in play somewhere to @DominicT's post, I think we've ruled out Gryz being dealt now depending on the return back, and what is the long-term plan on Stralman after you upgraded that contract to fit his salary into the cap, and we haven't seen him except twice and on the road both times...

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
He’s so small it’s disgusting honestly.
Andrew Ferance was not a big D, but he was quite capable of handling the Physical rigors off playoff hockey . I feel Clifton is capable as well, unfortunately I can not say I feel that way about Gryz after watching him play in the playoffs

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Devils fan here, I was wondering if yall could tell me what when Bergeron became the Bergeron Selke winner we know today?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Love it !

I’m gonna guess Nov 7 for the Mac
I look at it like this....

They could have kept Reilly on the roster for 9 more days. Could have kept Lauko up. It's not like the can bank cap space when on LTIR. Didn't have to trade Jack this week.

They are maneuvering the roster for something. Like I said in my article Sweeney is playing Chess and other GMs are playing checkers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Devils fan here, I was wondering if yall could tell me what when Bergeron became the Bergeron Selke winner we know today?

He had a lot of the traits coming out of the draft and showcased them during his rookie camp - the attention to detail, the professional approach to the game, his way of working hard in both zones. The mastery didn't really start though until after he came back from the Jones hit and needed a year to get back to hockey form, so 09 or so was when you could really pin-point via paper. Since then, he's been in the top 5 for Selke votes every single year.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
it may be hard to believe but Bergeron was clearly a special player on day 1 at 18 years old.

his defensive game had only gotten better over time but it wasn't like he turned a corner or whatever. he has always been this guy

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
As of today, this is what the Bruins need to move $$ wise to activate McAvoy according to....

Yours truly (me) - $1,175,519

Cap Friendly - $1,185,045

Puck Pedia - $1,175,517

The roster below is a 22-man roster, so no one has to move to create a roster spot, only cap space. It also doesn't take into account Bergeron/Krejci/Swayman bonuses. My idea is move Smith, recall Lauko.

How do you make it happen?

View attachment 600890

Buried cap hits are $225,000 for Wagner and $1,972,298 for Reilly.
Don this discrepancy between you and Puck Pedia is simply unacceptable. I demand — and I do mean demand - that one of you tell me where the $2 comes into play. I want that information on my desk first thing tomorrow morning. And I mean it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No. That's not true the AHL minimum is 18. Its 20 if drafted from the CHL.

All players who played in the NHL were allowed to go to the AHL because of the lockout. It wasn't an exemption for Bergeron.
18 and 19 yr olds have to get an exemption to play in the AHL...... THE minimum is 20 yr old independent of the CHL Agreement;

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Smith was approaching 30 games in a Bruins uniform without a goal till last week.

Lauko, Greer can do what Smith does, cheaper and younger.

Lauko makes nearly 2.5 million less and Greer is out scoring Smith.

Lysell is playing very good hockey in the AHL and is a RW that shoots right. Third line is a place to nurture him in.
No rush to play Lysell, we have Greer, Lauko, Steen, and whomever to play at a fraction of Smith.

It's not that Smith is bad, and he's arguably still better than the other options, he's just not 2-3 times better to warrant holding onto.

TBH the same opinion holds true for several players on the bottom half of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad