Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I know people would hate the idea but Grz would have positive value and solve the cap issue.....not suggesting it....just saying
I don’t see the positive for the Bruins here sure we can solve the cap issues many ways if we want to make the roster worse.. just saying

Rielly doesn’t move the needle either way imo with the way we’re constructed right now.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I don’t see the positive for the Bruins here sure we can solve the cap issues many ways if we want to make the roster worse.. just saying

Rielly doesn’t move the needle either way imo with the way we’re constructed right now.
The only positive is we could get a pick back instead of having to give one up for someone to take Reilly/Smith

Just spitballing...........

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
we could but the d would take less of a hit than the f group

like i said, not advocating just throwing it out there same as someone threw out carlo

Someone on trade boards posted reilly , retain 1M, to edmonton for a 5th..... that would be enough to get us under?
Nope not enough

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
was gonna make some comment about how we should just attach the second rounder to Reilly already and be done with it. But I had a look at our track record in the second round. Not bad!

So do a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. Something like that? Surely with a tad retained that's incentive enough.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Kasperi Kapanen has been healthy scratch for the last couple games for the pens...3.2 x 2. Swap for Reilly and then deal Smith for future considerations?

You can always revisit moving Kapanen in the offseason. You look at guys like Max Domi and AA getting 1 year 3 million dollar deals and he is a very comparable player. Worst case scenario is he is an easy buyout. He will still be under 26 in the summer so would only cost 1 million for two consecutive seasons.

This way we aren't losing any more picks, which we can't really afford. Kapanen's speed in the bottom six would help and may benefit from a change of scenery.

Reactions: bbfan419

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
was gonna make some comment about how we should just attach the second rounder to Reilly already and be done with it. But I had a look at our track record in the second round. Not bad!

So do a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. Something like that? Surely with a tad retained that's incentive enough.
How about waiting a week or two and seeing if there is market improvement. A LD needs to be moved . I am comfortable with moving any LD with the exception of Lindholm. With how the D is presently structured there is a lack of Pk ability and physicality. Forbort certainly helps in this area. After that make whatever move helps the bruins most going forward. The Bruins appear to be a playoff team . Playing D in the playoffs requires and ability to handle the physicality of playoff hockey

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Kasperi Kapanen has been healthy scratch for the last couple games for the pens...3.2 x 2. Swap for Reilly and then deal Smith for future considerations?

You can always revisit moving Kapanen in the offseason. You look at guys like Max Domi and AA getting 1 year 3 million dollar deals and he is a very comparable player. Worst case scenario is he is an easy buyout. He will still be under 26 in the summer so would only cost 1 million for two consecutive seasons.

This way we aren't losing any more picks, which we can't really afford. Kapanen's speed in the bottom six would help and may benefit from a change of scenery.
Don't like any of the contingent trade plans, as Sweeney can barely pull off the ones he needs to.

I would do Reilly + Smith straight up for Kapanen, but not sure why Pittsburgh would.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Don't like any of the contingent trade plans, as Sweeney can barely pull off the ones he needs to.

I would do Reilly + Smith straight up for Kapanen, but not sure why Pittsburgh would.
Not sure if they have the cap space to take on more salary.

Who knows if it is something Pitt would entertain. It was mentioned on the main board. Dumoulin has supposedly been really bad for them so maybe if they move him separately, it would work. They would save 1.3 million with Dumo, Kap out and Smith, Reilly in

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Yup just like the news today...Werenski out for the year. Blue Jackets are down bad. Boqvist on IR as well.

They only have two LHD in Gavrikov and Jake Bean, with the former potentially being a haul for them at the TDL...

Who is going to run a PP back there for them as well? Reilly may make some sense there.
He makes sense (maybe) as a rest-of-year deal but CBJ has a D pipeline coming up and Werenski back next year.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad