Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
the Miller deal is invalid, thanks, if you want to talk Miller, there's an open thread here...... what G Prospect under Boston control are we really talking here, and no the recently acquired DiPietro isn't it...... doubtful the 2 G Contracted and in PRO at present filling in for Kincaid/Keyser aren't going anywhere, nor are the prospects like Dyck or Svedeback who aren't prospects on an ELC Yet
Like it or not (and I hate it for the record), the Miller contract is valid, we're signing his checks, and he's counting against our 50 contract limit. It's totally valid to discuss a rostered player in the roster thread.

I think Keyser would be the goalie to trade.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Which is part of the issue, since his cap hit goes next year, too.

Other teams don't think he's worth his contract/cap hit at 3M next season, too.

:rolleyes: his cap hit is $3 million next year, just like this year.... and the year before that. Players cap hits don't change over the life of their contract

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Like it or not (and I hate it for the record), the Miller contract is valid, we're signing his checks, and he's counting against our 50 contract limit. It's totally valid to discuss a rostered player in the roster thread.

I think Keyser would be the goalie to trade.
no it's not.... when did we sign Logan Mailloux, who's career is also persona non grata according to the NHL

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Salaries do though. He's actually set to make $4 mil next year, vs his $3 mil salary cap hit. Terrible value if you're a budget conscious team.
AND THAT'S WHY Reilly is NOT reporting to Providence and requested a trade....... that's also why it was reported both times Reilly was waived no team claimed him because of that 2nd year cap hit

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I swear to Christ, sometimes I think we just make up shit to argue about on this board, purely out of sheer boredom. First it’s who should be our 4th line LW, now it’s why teams won’t trade for our #7 defenseman…with a Miller comment thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
:rolleyes: his cap hit is $3 million next year, just like this year.... and the year before that. Players cap hits don't change over the life of their contract
Yes, I know.

But if he was worth his 3M per year contract, taking it for another year wouldn't be a big deal.... unless they thought he's not worth that. Which by lack of waiver claim, makes me believe that's true. We are both right, other teams don't want the extra year. But it's BECAUSE of the cap hit (or salary, either way $$$).

Either way, he's over paid for a 5-7 D

Mike Reilly at 1.5-2M for another season another team would probably see value in that. Mike Reilly at another year at 3, there's a reason why no one has taken him.

Spitballing here:
Mike Reilly @ 50% + Craig Smith for basically anything that doesn't count on the NHL roster, at this point future considerations would be fine, clears up some breathing room.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
None of this will happen.

It’s moving Reilly or Smith. Or both if they want to bank space. It’s a matter of how much it costs for a sweetener added to make it happen.
Exactly

Reilly problem is next year - he’s basically a cap increase

Reactions: 13Hockey

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You see, once Forbort is healthy, it’s that $1.935 million he has to get off the books in order to activate Forbort. Part of that – $660,811 as of today, will be achieved once Jeremy Swayman is healthy and Keith Kincaid is sent back to Providence. That number is reduced for each day Kincaid is on the roster but based on what we’re hearing on a Swayman return, we are looking at $590,000 cleared once that day arrives.

So, we are looking at $1,340,595 that will need to come off the books in about 3 weeks’ time.

The obvious answer is to trade Reilly where left defence is where the Bruins have the depth to spare.

Last edited:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Great article Dom as always. Any chance this front office is still looking to make a hockey trade, or after the Miller fiasco are they just laying low?

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
You see, once Forbort is healthy, it’s that $1.935 million he has to get off the books in order to activate Forbort. Part of that – $660,811 as of today, will be achieved once Jeremy Swayman is healthy and Keith Kincaid is sent back to Providence. That number is reduced for each day Kincaid is on the roster but based on what we’re hearing on a Swayman return, we are looking at $590,000 cleared once that day arrives.

So, we are looking at $1,340,595 that will need to come off the books in about 3 weeks’ time.

The obvious answer is to trade Reilly where left defence is where the Bruins have the depth to spare.

Great info - you think worst case they retain 50% of Reilly ?

They do get under

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You must be the only Bruins fan that wants Cliffy traded/give him a hard time
Not true ,I have said that I hope he does well , but I like to be a realist he is a tough kid who plays hard but I just don't think he will be able to maintain the way he is playing now . ...............I am sorry if I offend you but am a diehard Bruins fan but I am not like you who falls in love with the flavor of the month, .....we will see how this turns out and I hope you are right .......

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I swear to Christ, sometimes I think we just make up shit to argue about on this board, purely out of sheer boredom. First it’s who should be our 4th line LW, now it’s why some team doesn’t want our #7 defenseman…with a Miller comment thrown in for good measure.

You're confused about Bruins Roster and Trade discussions in a thread about Bruins Roster and Trade discussion?

Where else do you have these conversations if not in a thread specifically made for them?

What are conversation topics that you deem acceptable?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Nick Blakenburg is now out 6-8 weeks for CBJ. Boqvist on LTIR. Werenski out for the year. Three defenseman on emergency loans per cap friendly, one being Jiricek, their 6th overall pick in 2022.

I get they're probably tanking for Bedard now but Reilly would probably help them out...especially on their powerplay, which I saw last was even on the year. Two PP goals and two SHG allowed....

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
None of this will happen.

It’s moving Reilly or Smith. Or both if they want to bank space. It’s a matter of how much it costs for a sweetener added to make it happen.
Waiving players is something the Bruins can do unilaterally. They can't unilaterally trade someone. It's difficult to cap dump when about 20-25 teams in the league are crunched up against the cap. I'm sure every other GM is aware of the cap situation and they aren't willing to help Bruins out without good compensation. Since they don't have a 2nd round pick (John Moore price, essentially) until 2025, I'll be interested to see what the compensation has to be.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Nick Blakenburg is now out 6-8 weeks for CBJ. Boqvist on LTIR. Werenski out for the year. Three defenseman on emergency loans per cap friendly, one being Jiricek, their 6th overall pick in 2022.

I get they're probably tanking for Bedard now but Reilly would probably help them out...especially on their powerplay, which I saw last was even on the year. Two PP goals and two SHG allowed....
I am Jackets GM I tank for Bedard not trade for Reilly .I still say if Michkov was not signed in KHL he would be #1.Sorry had to get that out he is best player that age not Bedard

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Waiving players is something the Bruins can do unilaterally. They can't unilaterally trade someone. It's difficult to cap dump when about 20-25 teams in the league are crunched up against the cap. I'm sure every other GM is aware of the cap situation and they aren't willing to help Bruins out without good compensation. Since they don't have a 2nd round pick (John Moore price, essentially) until 2025, I'll be interested to see what the compensation has to be.
They’re not going to waive the players listed and lose them for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad