Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
For sure, but acting like I’m saying “dump him because he might get injured” is a huge stretch. I was simply saying it’s a concern to me.

Again, not saying dump him for a 6th round pick. I’m saying if there’s an opportunity to move him in a package for an upgrade, I’d very much consider it.

I don't think they're going to trade Carlo, but if they did, your suggestion is the way to go. Off the top of my head, Carlo and Smith for X, Y, or Z. (Not that Z.)

He's been Ok.

Also, It's not dumping a player because he's been "hurt" - It's trying to move on and get a potential upgrade at that position for a long cup run or package him for an upgrade elsewhere in the offseason. I'm not taking Brandon Carlo out back and shooting him in the f***ing head, man.

Sure. Now you're twisting it.

The fact is, anyone can be traded.

Ask Bobby & Gretz.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
If Forbort is easier to move than Reilly, I think Reilly-Zub would work better than Reilly-Carlo...

If not and Reilly is moved, Gryz - Carlo

They're not trading Forbort, certainly not this season. His value to the team, a bit like Nosek, is significant if unspectacular. He provides an element of shot blocking & willingness to do the grunt work largely lacking on the B's blue line. And no, I'm not saying McAvoy (obviously) or Lindholm are soft.

You're welcome.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Pssst......you forgot the second R in Bergerbun.

Bergerbun-Klarey if you want to get pedantic.

They're not trading Forbort, certainly not this season. His value to the team, a bit like Nosek, is significant if unspectacular. He provides an element of shot blocking & willingness to do the grunt work largely lacking on the B's blue line. And no, I'm not saying McAvoy (obviously) or Lindholm are soft.

You're welcome.

The clips with no fans get more surreal with distance from it, don’t they?

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If that's worked around an assumed Carlo - Zub swap it helps offset that. People had a flavor of the month obsession with getting Middleton, well they'd have a long term chub for Artem Zub.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lol so much for the validity of that chart then. Yuck.

Context is key. Reilly has started 77.5% of his starts in the offensive zone, which is highest among all Bruins d-men. With the sheltered minutes he falls about where you'd think he should. Honestly prefer relative numbers as it measure the team with a player on and off the ice. In that regard, the team is average in xGF/60 and slightly worse in xGA/60 when Reilly is on the ice. Factor in the sheltered minutes and it's actually not great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad