Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Like Grzelcyk? Was that a good use of money? These caliber of players should be replaced from within or cheap FA. Neither is worth tying up money for when we have McAvoy, Lindholm and Carlo long term.

Yes? What am I missing?

Here's a good one for you. Since Oct 2020 when Gryz signed his deal, tell me who is:

Ryan McDonagh (6.75M)
Adam Pelech (5.75M)
Dumba (6M)
Hampus Lindholm
Gryz (3.6M)

107 games - 51 pts +39 ppg .48
124 games - 49 pts +40 ppg .4
139 games - 44 pts +30 ppg .32
153 games - 50 pts +43 ppg .33
126 games - 52 pts +5 ppg .41

Bonus points if you pick them out without cheating...

Gryz is #72 scoring at D in that time, and I couldn't spot 5 better contracts in there that weren't on their entry level deals.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sens fans here, what would be a fair offer for y'all to move Carlo?
This year? That’s tough. Not sure it makes sense.

If you guys get high up in this center heavy top of the draft, I’d think you’d need to move a center unless you want to slide Jimmy Stu to the wing. Assuming Norris is ok next year of course.

Yes? What am I missing?

Here's a good one for you. Since Oct 2020 when Gryz signed his deal, tell me who is:

Ryan McDonagh (6.75M)
Adam Pelech (5.75M)
Dumba (6M)
Hampus Lindholm
Gryz (3.6M)

107 games - 51 pts +39 ppg .48
124 games - 49 pts +40 ppg .4
139 games - 44 pts +30 ppg .32
153 games - 50 pts +43 ppg .33
126 games - 52 pts +5 ppg .41

Bonus points if you pick them out without cheating...

Gryz is #72 scoring at D in that time, and I couldn't spot 5 better contracts in there that weren't on their entry level deals.
Thank you. People can’t seem to process what a great thing we have with Grizz and Carlo making less than $8M between them. But Grizz is so small and makes me want to vomit thinking about it so…

Reactions: burstnbloom

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Really difficult to say.

Bruins would only look at moving Carlo (in a fair deal) because of their cap situation… but I doubt he’d be in the top five of guys they’d target.

Reilly, Smith, Forbort and Grzelcyk… then maybe Carlo (if you’re not counting Foligno, which I am not).

Short of it would be that I think the Bruins would sooner take an “L” on paying to move a guy like Reilly, or dropping Craig Smith for basically nothing, than they would mess up the team chemistry on the right side of their defence for a value return.

Tough to make a proposal when the Bruins record is what it is. So honestly, you won’t like my answer and frankly, I don’t blame you.

Artem Zub.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Id be interested in a Carlo - Zub swap, Carlo would be a good partner for Chabot.

Carlo hasn't had a good fit next to him here since Krug.
Honestly, we need someone in addition to Zub, but if Zub makes it clear that he doesn't want to stay I'd be open to a Zub for Carlo deal

Reactions: Gordoff

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

The idea that Zub negotiations aren’t going well and a Carlo swap sounds not crazy and clears enough cap, but it might bite the Bruins if Zub walks.

Wonder if there is a Carlo + Reilly for Zub deal even. The Sens really need more D.

I don’t see a future based deal that is very exciting. All the Sens young dudes are either too good to get for Carlo, or not good enough to be worth it.

Reactions: bicboi64

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Carlo is a really tough call. dude is hotter than he's ever been, but I'd still choose the option where he retires and lives relatively comfortably over watching him play stick-puck-net-concussions any more. I am not in denial about the tragedy we've watched of his career. hear no/see no/speak no? your quirky future star and a 2024 second-round pick. after another gross head injury? just the second.
Tragedy.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Do we have a timeline of when we need to get compliant again? When is Forbort expected back?

Would it happen over the Thanksgiving weekend?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yup we don’t agree but it’s a good debate and I hope I look back and think you are correct he’s a legit 4

As is he’s playing very good

I believe Mitch Miller was in the back of their mind the replacement for Clifton
Agree 100%. Also,watching this team put out Mac and Grizz and Lindholm and Clifton is amazing. Big part of the 17 wins. So much puck possession. We have two legit top paring D

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
This year? That’s tough. Not sure it makes sense.

If you guys get high up in this center heavy top of the draft, I’d think you’d need to move a center unless you want to slide Jimmy Stu to the wing. Assuming Norris is ok next year of course.

Thank you. People can’t seem to process what a great thing we have with Grizz and Carlo making less than $8M between them. But Grizz is so small and makes me want to vomit thinking about it so

It's disgusting.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Like Grzelcyk? Was that a good use of money? These caliber of players should be replaced from within or cheap FA. Neither is worth tying up money for when we have McAvoy, Lindholm and Carlo long term.
Clifton, for all the bone headed play over the last few seasons, has earned his spot this year. He is thriving in Montgomery's system, and it's hard to argue the results. He also plays bigger than 5'11."

Gryz gives you something valuable per passing and offensive smarts. He's a useful player that compliments Charlie and Lindholm. He's worth keeping. Carlo, to me, is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad