Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Bruins must go all in this year. Considering the lack of cap space, let’s say your moving out Smith, and Reilly when in all reality those are the types of depth pieces we would want at the deadline.

What are you fortifying or upgrading on a team with so few flaws? What UFAs are you looking at? I think Athanasiuo would be a good a solid bottom 6 guy to throw into the mix and might push Frederic or Greer out of the lineup.

Who in their right mind wants Frederic or Greer out of the lineup?

Those two guys keep us from being one of the softest teams in the league.

Its been a few years since we got the bottom 6 right and the depth has looked good I'm not adding anyone to this group you just have to move Reilly out so the overages from DK and Bergy don't hurt us next year. 88 doesn't seem to be taking a discount so we can't have any penalties that $ has to go to him.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
- drop some cap

- pick up picks

Thats really all i would want the Bruins to do. Unless something falls into their lap or there's a major injury, i don't see a need to make a big upgrade. Sweeney does like to make a big deadline splash though, so maybe they've got their eyes on potential targets for down the road. Imagine a top 4 blueline of

Lindholm -- McAvoy

Chychrun -- Carlo

It's a roll of the dice though with the injury concerns and what it would do to thr cap moving forward if he's hurt all the time.
I was really pushing for Chyhcrun starting last year when there was talk he might be available and now my interest has cooled , although if healthy I am sure they would be one helluva D-corp

Fredric had a nice play keeping the puck in zone on hall goal which he didn't get the assist
He also setup Hall on a nice pass another time , looks comfortable out there and hopefully he is putting it together.......

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Now that we are 1/4 through the season do you think Clifton is a legit #4 D man?
He’s a very good compliment for Lindholm and fearless. He’s a very good third pair. I don’t consider him a top 4 D in the big picture but he can play there in certain times based on opponent and partner

No way I would pay him 5 M per year which is what a legit 27 year old UFA RHD would get minimum

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
With nick and tomas going gangbusters there is not much to do here. Maybe get a young player with potential that has fallen off the grid. I wanted jost maybe a Yamamoto Krebs middlestedt foudy something like that. Leave the foundation alone now. All lines are firing perfectly .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Who in their right mind wants Frederic or Greer out of the lineup?

Those two guys keep us from being one of the softest teams in the league.

Its been a few years since we got the bottom 6 right and the depth has looked good I'm not adding anyone to this group you just have to move Reilly out so the overages from DK and Bergy don't hurt us next year. 88 doesn't seem to be taking a discount so we can't have any penalties that $ has to go to him.
Lauko is better than both. You can upgrade on either.

Reactions: bbfan419

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Your wrong on Lauko.

And before this goes on, if you're allowed to say Lauko is better with no reason given, I'm allowed to say your wrong with no reason given.
No that's fine. I am just not a big fan of TF or Greer. In fact, upgrading to a smarter, more experienced, faster center than TF is the one thing I would definitely do on this roster. (Btw Lauko is faster and has better hands than either of them.)

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah I like Lauko. Another reason to not make a trade for a journeyman JAG. ZERO need this year.

We should find Reilly a home before Christmas just clean up the overage liability moving him and roll with what we have.

I know its too early to say this (and guess what I don't care) but its a shame Miller had such toxic baggage and the reaction was so extreme it would be nice to have an NHL caliber D man with upside in Providence on an ELC for the next 3 years. Like Reilly anyone who shows any ability to put up points on the blueline gets paid quickly and can soon be hard to fit in if they aren't stud 1st pairing guys.

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He’s a very good compliment for Lindholm and fearless. He’s a very good third pair. I don’t consider him a top 4 D in the big picture but he can play there in certain times based on opponent and partner

No way I would pay him 5 M per year which is what a legit 27 year old UFA RHD would get minimum
I guess we differ I see a legit number 4. But no way can we pay 5. I wanted 4x2.5 but I doubt that’s happening

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Your wrong on Lauko.

And before this goes on, if you're allowed to say Lauko is better with no reason given, I'm allowed to say your wrong with no reason given.

Your talking about the same poster who wanted to sit McAvoy after "watching one set of highlights" from the game vs the Flyers.

• Haha
Reactions: StonedZboril

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No that's fine. I am just not a big fan of TF or Greer. In fact, upgrading to a smarter, more experienced, faster center than TF is the one thing I would definitely do on this roster. (Btw Lauko is faster and has better hands than either of them.)
Well not being a fan of a player doesn't make someone else a better player. I was never a fan of Crosby but he was still the best player in the world for a time. Same with speed and hands.

Reactions: Gee Wally

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I guess we differ I see a legit number 4. But no way can we pay 5. I wanted 4x2.5 but I doubt that’s happening
Yup we don’t agree but it’s a good debate and I hope I look back and think you are correct he’s a legit 4

As is he’s playing very good

I believe Mitch Miller was in the back of their mind the replacement for Clifton

Reactions: Tbaybruin

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The concept of trading one of our 3-4M D men now to get out of cap jail, to then have a bit of money to sign Cliffy later, is an interesting concept.

Then it becomes about uncle Nick taking 1m for 1 year next year, Smith gone, Nosek at 950k or gone, Stralman gone, and who knows what they do with Sway. Sway's the tricky one. Reilly as a UFA next year also would be easier to unload (to help with bonuses).

Carlo's 4.1m and term keeps jumping out at me.

Reactions: CellyHard

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The concept of trading one of our 3-4M D men now to get out of cap jail, to then have a bit of money to sign Cliffy later, is an interesting concept.

Then it becomes about uncle Nick taking 1m for 1 year next year, Smith gone, Nosek at 950k or gone, Stralman gone, and who knows what they do with Sway. Sway's the tricky one. Reilly as a UFA next year also would be easier to unload (to help with bonuses).

Why is the meaning behind Carlos 4.1 " jumping out" at you

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

How much Cliffy wants and how much you buy that the Cliffy with Lindholm for 1/5th of a season is a different guy than the one that was a 6/7 the rest of his career is an interesting part of the calculous.

Reactions: Knight

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I doubt we extend Clifton. We got pretty good mileage out of him and he's going to get a decent contract somewhere I think he gets close to a 4mil AAV.

Not much in the pipeline other than Lohrei. They might not be able to help themselves and we might make another John Moore type of signing giving someone 2-2.5 over a few years to play the third pairing.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
How much Cliffy wants and how much you buy that the Cliffy with Lindholm for 1/5th of a season is a different guy than the one that was a 6/7 the rest of his career is an interesting part of the calculous.
This season hot start aside, Clifton has showed plenty of quick flashes where he could contend for a top 4 position. Have always felt he would try to do to much and end up getting caught. This year its alot better.

Bruce had a doghouse. I'd imagine it would lead to players making alot more bone headed plays out of panic.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad