Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
His cap hit is like 4.5m. In a world where Arizona takes on the cap dumps they say they are willing to take on, you can definitely take him if you're sending salary back. It's more productive than eating a large portion of Reilly's salary in retention for example.

They can definitely take 4.5m on the back end, just depends on the rest of the deal. Specially if Smith goes the other way too.

I still don't think it ends up being the deal. But it's not impossible like the Horvat stuff.
I believe the Bruins have a budget, a pct of the cap, they want to spend on D. AUnless you’re talking about making wholesale changes to the defense, adding Chychrun would put them over, and it leaves less money for a new C (Which they can’t afford to spare).

Reactions: Gordoff

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I would move Carlo. Big, rangey righty at $4m has to have value.

He doesn’t seem to fit with Lindholm or Forbort so where do you play him?
Going to say simply disagree . I can not understand how any Bruin poster would would want to move Carlo before moving Gryz????. Gryz plays how much PK and power play per game. His physical contribution is ?? ,than there is his playoffs . I know Carlo has not been without his worts including , concussion issues. For this fan what each player brings for there cap hit , moving Gryz is an essay decision over Carlo. Age is also a consideration . For record I consider you a very positive poster and I enjoy reading your posts

Last edited:

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Turns out teams aren't lining up to trade for Craig Smith or Mike Reilly.

It's trending up to a situation where they need to either give up their 1st round pick or waive Frederic and Zboril.
No way they have to give up a 1st come on now. Smith and Reilly are NHLers and can be dumped for prospects or lower picks

Reactions: bbfan419

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Wonder if they're just unwilling to add what they're being asked to add for taking the full salary of whichever guy.
Agreed but by all accounts when Forbort is healthy they have no choice. They have to move even if we are forced to overpay. The league will twist our arm. As Don said there is no such thing as a non cap compliant roster. There's no fine or penalty it just will not happen. Even if we are forced to roster less then 20 players, we will need to start waiving.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Going to say simply disagree . I can not understand how any Bruin poster would would want to move Carlo before moving Gryz????. Gryz plays how much PK and power play per game. His physical contribution is ?? ,than there is his playoffs . I know Carlo has not been without his worts including , concussion issues. For this fan what each player brings for there cap hit , moving Gryz is an essay decision over Carlo. Age is also a consideration . For record I consider you a very positive poster and I enjoy reading your posts
I agree , I have always liked Gryz and at think injuries have effected his play especially last year , but there is no way I would take him over Carlo . I know Bruins fans think Carlo should be more physical but he still gets the job done and the concussions are a concern . I go back many years and I have this to say about Bruins fans , if a player has size and is not a complete wrecking ball on the ice than they take issue with him . Ken Hodge was a big boy scored a lot goals and was not good enough for them...........

Reactions: bme44

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would move Carlo. Big, rangey righty at $4m has to have value.

He doesn’t seem to fit with Lindholm or Forbort so where do you play him?
I would too. I really like him, but he’s regressing the past couple years. On top of that is the concussion issues.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I mean we all sit here and say "move Reilly! move Gryz! move Forbort!" but without knowing costs and offers we are all just playing with ourselves.

Carlo would have, by far, the most value to the shit teams with cap space. By far.

In Boston he is currently on the third pair and #2 PK. That would likely change with Forbort back in the lineup.

I think you have to *LISTEN* on all of them. Moving Gryz OR Carlo are ... well... crazy moves when you are 15-2. But no stone unturned.

Reactions: bme44

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I mean we all sit here and say "move Reilly! move Gryz! move Forbort!" but without knowing costs and offers we are all just playing with ourselves.

Carlo would have, by far, the most value to the shit teams with cap space. By far.

In Boston he is currently on the third pair and #2 PK. That would likely change with Forbort back in the lineup.

I think you have to *LISTEN* on all of them. Moving Gryz OR Carlo are ... well... crazy moves when you are 15-2. But no stone unturned.
Moving Gryz or Carlo are not first options for sure. Going into playoff hockey. I would far prefer to have Carlo in the Bruins line up than Gryz. I just feel Carlo is more valuable than Gryz . Carlo handles heavy mins on Pk . Gryz needs to be sheltered. This makes 27 and 73 need to handle heavier minutes and this hurts the Bruins D

Last edited:

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

burn-elmo.gif

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I believe the Bruins have a budget, a pct of the cap, they want to spend on D. AUnless you’re talking about making wholesale changes to the defense, adding Chychrun would put them over, and it leaves less money for a new C (Which they can’t afford to spare).

And I've been suggesting hockey trades where a guy like Carlo goes the other way (hence the balancing out of money)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad