Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I doubt we extend Clifton. We got pretty good mileage out of him and he's going to get a decent contract somewhere I think he gets close to a 4mil AAV.

Not much in the pipeline other than Lohrei. They might not be able to help themselves and we might make another John Moore type of signing giving someone 2-2.5 over a few years to play the third pairing.

Don't we have 3 interesting D prospects now? I thought we did.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I believe for the Bruins to truly compete for Lord Stanley. They need a 3rd line of Hall/DeBrusk - Coyle - Zacha and Clifton /Carlo as their 6/7 D-Man. My 2 targets for the TDL would be Tarasenko(STL) and Mayfield(NYI)

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
My opinion of Clifton he is not worth the money he is going to be seeking, full disclosure I am not a big fan. I know he throws some big hits ,but there many times he takes himself out of the play ,and there are times he takes himself out of the play looking for the hit ............My opinion he is playing better this year than other years, so i think you should take the Haula approach take what you are getting than move on..........

Reactions: chizzler

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
My opinion of Clifton he is not worth the money he is going to be seeking, full disclosure I am not a big fan. I know he throws some big hits ,but there many times he takes himself out of the play ,and there are times he takes himself out of the play looking for the hit ............My opinion he is playing better this year than other years, so i think you should take the Haula approach take what you are getting than move on..........
Clifton is kind of an enigma imo

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I’d like to find a way to sign Clifton. I don’t think we have the cap to do it. If he gets 4M per year, I think someone will have a solid deal. I think he will outplay it. This kid has worked hard and much like McQuaid and Miller I expect a continued evolution.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I’d like to find a way to sign Clifton. I don’t think we have the cap to do it. If he gets 4M per year, I think someone will have a solid deal. I think he will outplay it. This kid has worked hard and much like McQuaid and Miller I expect a continued evolution.
My glasses are fogging up and I know you could not have said 4 mil was a solid deal...............

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I believe for the Bruins to truly compete for Lord Stanley. They need a 3rd line of Hall/DeBrusk - Coyle - Zacha and Clifton /Carlo as their 6/7 D-Man. My 2 targets for the TDL would be Tarasenko(STL) and Mayfield(NYI)
I disagree. This team is 8 dmen deep. Vezina caliber goalie. 3 lines deep. Best 4th line in hockey (devils maybe, but too 2) Young stud 2nd goalie.

I don’t touch this team. I mean unless the wheels fall off but this seems to be the tightest group we have seen in a long time

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Clifton is going to be 28 by the end of the year with very little miles. I think you could go 5 years easy with him. If he takes anything less than 3 mil I’m in. I could see him as a guy that would want to stay here on something fair but at the same time he could cash in.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Clifton is going to be 28 by the end of the year with very little miles. I think you could go 5 years easy with him. If he takes anything less than 3 mil I’m in. I could see him as a guy that would want to stay here on something fair but at the same time he could cash in.
Like Grzelcyk? Was that a good use of money? These caliber of players should be replaced from within or cheap FA. Neither is worth tying up money for when we have McAvoy, Lindholm and Carlo long term.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Trade Reilly & Smith. Hang on to your 1sts unless you can trade for a signed Horvat. This team has good depth & some interesting players in Providence that could fill in. Trade JDB in the off season to make room for Lysell next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad