Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If management thinks they can win a cup and also sign a top free agent college I’m ok with trading a first What else can we do? I don’t think moving Riely or Smith hurts the team on or off the ice But it will costs us.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Come out of those three games with:

2 points - Fine
3 points - Nice
4 points - Great
5 points - Awesome
6 points - Amazing

I'm perfectly content with anything from Nice to Amazing!
I was going to do a poll on 10 game stretch coming up after Chicago. How many points?

N21 at TB
N23 at Florida
N25 Carolina
N29 TB
D3 Colorado
D5 Vegas
D7 at Colorado
D9 at Arizona
D 11 at Vegas
D 13 Islanders

No back to backs. No trips to Canada, eh?😉 6-3-1

Reactions: sarge88

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I was going to do a poll on 10 game stretch coming up after Chicago. How many points?

N21 at TB
N23 at Florida
N25 Carolina
N29 TB
D3 Colorado
D5 Vegas
D7 at Colorado
D9 at Arizona
D 11 at Vegas
D 13 Islanders

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

N21 at TB
N23 at Florida
N25 Carolina
N29 TB
D3 Colorado
D5 Vegas
D7 at Colorado
D9 at Arizona
D 11 at Vegas
D 13 Islanders

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'd retain a million on Reilly and see what the market looks like.....aka 33.3% of his cap.
Have to imagine it's still not much, but maybe slightly more than the unclaimed waiver.

6th or 7th for retaining on a cap dump would be acceptable right now.

Anything better, woohoo, but at this point I think we need to start taking what we can get and move on. The roster is rolling along and just need to get it done so they don't have to worry about it.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I assume right now Sweeney is being asked to send picks to move Reilly out (as hes cleared waivers twice now). Id like to think at some point, one of these desperate teams that are defense deprived due to injury will lower the ask and is going to take Mike Reilly off the Bs hands.

Craig Smith is the harder move imo..

Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Reilly and Carlo make sense for Ottawa. Carlo moreso if Sens could be looking for someone better than the defensemen they currently have and Heinola.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
We will need over 10 mil for pasta and hoping 9 mil for Horvat and 3 for Cliffy.
and 4 million for Swayman (Oettinger comp)

I think 9 might be a little high for Horvat but who knows. At least 8.

We are all living on top of the world right now I mean we are 15-2 but we are doing it at a cost. Between Bergeron and Krejci we have 4.5 in performance bonuses next year and we need to shed at least 1.3ish to be compliant by the time Forbort comes back.

Moving both Reilly and Smith is a must, not just for the short term but to be competitive for next year and have a chance on a guy like Horvat. It would extend the window for years.

Bruins should consider moving their 1st + Reilly for a teams 2nd. I think Smith gets claimed.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

We are all living on top of the world right now I mean we are 15-2 but we are doing it at a cost. Between Bergeron and Krejci we have 4.5 in performance bonuses next year and we need to shed at least 1.3ish to be compliant by the time Forbort comes back.

Moving both Reilly and Smith is a must, not just for the short term but to be competitive for next year and have a chance on a guy like Horvat. It would extend the window for years.

Bruins should consider moving their 1st + Reilly for a teams 2nd. I think Smith gets claimed.
So well said. Agree 100%

Reactions: CellyHard

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

So with proposal Pasta only gets 1 mil more than Horvat , Yeah I don't think that will fly . Not trading a first to move players sorry makes no sense...........

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
So with proposal Pasta only gets 1 mil more than Horvat , Yeah I don't think that will fly . Not trading a first to move players sorry makes no sense...........
So I said I think 9 is high for Horvat and that he would come closer to 8.....I also said I would move the 1st for Reilly with a 2nd coming back....

Instead of looking it at like trading away a first, I see it as moving from hopefully pick 32 for somewhere in the 40-45 range. Not the end of the world. It would be great if we could do that with a team like Ottawa.

If a move like that gets us compliant this year, reduces performance bonuses, and gives us a shot at a guy like Horvat then not really sure how that would come across as making no sense

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I don't want to move Gryz at all, but somebody HAS to be moved and moving Gryz would add assets, while moving Reilly or Smith looks like it would cost assets, so it's something that needs to be considered.

And since you dema...errr...asked ever so politely...

Lindholm/Carlo
Zboril/McAvoy
Forbort/Clifton
Stralman
If Stalman could play the left side I would like to see him with McAvoy

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
So I said I think 9 is high for Horvat and that he would come closer to 8.....I also said I would move the 1st for Reilly with a 2nd coming back....

Instead of looking it at like trading away a first, I see it as moving from hopefully pick 32 for somewhere in the 40-45 range. Not the end of the world. It would be great if we could do that with a team like Ottawa.

If a move like that gets us compliant this year, reduces performance bonuses, and gives us a shot at a guy like Horvat then not really sure how that would come across as making no sense

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I am sure Horvat would help this team, but is he a 8 mil player ? He had a great year last season and is off to a solid start this year but overall not sure I want too hitch my wagon to him at that cost.............That first that is important to this team should not be moved unless it is a real upgrade . Bruins have no # 2 for the next two years , another reason I am against moving picks just to move cap .................I think Bruins should not panic , I cannot believe there are no teams interested in a Gryz or Smith............they should even try to package them with prospects, like ,Mclaughlin,,Lauko who I would like on the big club now even Zabrol.........

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Comparing Swayman to Ottenger is ridiculous. Swayman isn't close. I'm not giving a 2C 9 million. If Bruins were to sign Horvat as a UFA the comp is Kadri. I'd also look at Larkin if he makes it to Free Agency and Scheifele also.

Have a lovely weekend friends.
GO BRUINS!

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Comparing Swayman to Ottenger is ridiculous. Swayman isn't close. I'm not giving a 2C 9 million. If Bruins were to sign Horvat as a UFA the comp is Kadri. I'd also look at Larkin if he makes it to Free Agency and Scheifele also.

Have a lovely weekend friends.
GO BRUINS!
Oettenger last year 2.14 save %, 2.53 GAA

Swayman last year 2.14 save %, 2.41 GAA

Both are like 23. If Swayman turns it around this year by no means is 4 million AAV ridiculous on a bridge

Kadri got 7x7 at 32 years old with a flat cap. If it goes up then Horvat could easily get 8 IMO

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
We're in such a position of strength it's almost surreal.

Let the market will come to us. Everyone is still waiting for Chychrun to fall (forever, but may be closer now that he's healthier). Immediately after that seize the moment and come out even in a deal.

Don't deal the first rounder...geez...

Reactions: bbfan419

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Tyson jost on waivers I love reclamation projects only 24 1st round pick 10 th overall has put some points in his young career like 150 points in 300 plays games I believe. I wouldn't mind claiming this young center.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Tyson jost on waivers I love reclamation projects only 24 1st round pick 10 th overall has put some points in his young career like 150 points in 300 plays games I believe. I wouldn't mind claiming this young center.

You can easily Google this and find out he has 112 points in 354 games played.

Which is not the 0.50 PPG career pace you have him at. It’s more like 0.32 PPG.

There’s no reason for him. Less than zero. Do you realize that we’re already dealing with cap + roster issues? There is no space for him.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You can easily Google this and find out he has 112 points in 354 games played.

Which is not the 0.50 PPG career pace you have him at. It’s more like 0.32 PPG.

There’s no reason for him. Less than zero. Do you realize that we’re already dealing with cap + roster issues? There is no space for him.
Donny tears through young centers at a rate that makes Pete Davidson blush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad