Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
All the more reason to trade Smith and Reilly to mitigate as much as the bonus carry over as possible.
They have been trying to trade both players but no team is biting at this time , they know the Bruins are in a bad position and are not going to help them out , they have the leverage . I don't know if this has been talked about , but maybe package Gryz and Smith...........I would rather keep both those players over Reilly but he is just least likely to get moved...........I am going put this out there , I think resigning Krecji is going to comeback and bite them in the ass ............

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
would you get more for Gryz when all 31 other GMs know you HAVE to make a move? There aren't going to be many sweetheart deals out there
when a valuable player is involved, i don't think you'd be getting squeezed too much. multiple teams
will line up to make a deal. when a guy like reilly is involved - who to me is an ok hockey player that's
probably overpaid for his ideal role - then yeah, teams will try to bend you over.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Im going to guess hes playing with bruised ribs or a back injury. He could benefit from 10 days on IR tbh.
I’m sure he is but I never thought that line would work and haven’t seen anything this year to make me think otherwise.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
David Krejci's first eight games sees him go PPG, 0.5 PPG even strength. Pastrnak tallies 7 ES points in those 8 games. Hall matches Krejci's ES productivity, but he had broken ribs to start the season.

Gets either chopped in the brain or gets a rib or two cracked and comes back a week later.

Five games of poor production.

Obvious conclusion: doesn't fit with Hall and Pastrnak.

This place, sometimes, I swear.

Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak have played 72 minutes together. They've been on the ice for 3 goals scored and allowed 3 goals against. They've been outshot 39-35.

Hall and Pasta without Krejci have outshot their opponents 34-16 in just 51 minutes.

<Insert dramatic closing line.>

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
How do we know that? I think Frederic is very good defensively.

People said DeBrusk can’t PK, until he did, and now he can.
I dont think Frederic has played enough Center to be thrown into the role of No1 PK Center on the team, I also dont think the Bruins want to run Bergy or coyle into the ground making up those minutes. You can certainly trade Nosek, waive him etc. but you need a realistic replacement. weather that's playing coyle on wing 5v5 and zacha as 3C or something else, I dont see frederic as that guy.

Reactions: Blowfish and TCB

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I dont think Frederic has played enough Center to be thrown into the role of No1 PK Center on the team, I also dont think the Bruins want to run Bergy or coyle into the ground making up those minutes. You can certainly trade Nosek, waive him etc. but you need a realistic replacement. weather that's playing coyle on wing 5v5 and zacha as 3C or something else, I dont see frederic as that guy.
Coyle actually leads the forwards in PK ice time at 3:11 per game. Then Nosek at 3:01. Coyle is at 54% on faceoffs this year too. I don't see why it can't be Coyle and Frederic or Coyle and Foligno at the start of the PK, instead of Coyle and Nosek. Foligno was Tortorella's top PK guy in Columbus and he's playing great this year.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from Nosek, he's been great but we have to clear money from somewhere, Nosek's salary fits, his strong play could equal value, and I think we have guys who could fill his minutes on the PK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak have played 72 minutes together. They've been on the ice for 3 goals scored and allowed 3 goals against. They've been outshot 39-35.

Hall and Pasta without Krejci have outshot their opponents 34-16 in just 51 minutes.

Is it possible those rather small samples may be influenced by the injuries to both Hall and Krejci?

72 minutes of ES time is about five games for Pastrnak, 51 minutes is about three and a half. Hall's got similar ratios for TIO.

If you want to mix the lines up, that sample is fine. But going out to acquire a guy making a UFA charge and ostensibly forking over large sums of trade assets and contract dollars/years? You might want to hold off until you've got a better, more secure lay of the land.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Coyle actually leads the forwards in PK ice time at 3:11 per game. Then Nosek at 3:01. Coyle is at 54% on faceoffs this year too. I don't see why it can't be Coyle and Frederic or Coyle and Foligno at the start of the PK, instead of Coyle and Nosek. Foligno was Tortorella's top PK guy in Columbus and he's playing great this year.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from Nosek, he's been great but we have to clear money from somewhere, Nosek's salary fits, his strong play could have value, and I think we have guys who could fill his minutes on the PK.
Nosek - cap hit of guy to replace him doesn’t get you there. Kind of a moot conversation.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It would work to activate Forbort. There would be no cap space to call anyone up.

any sense of who they're discussing? Reilly obviously has the Ottawa connection, but I have to admit I'm ignorant as to their needs right now.

yeah i'll echo what others have said with less snarkiness... too small a sample size and too many mitigating circumstances to draw any conclusions IMO.

Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Would Nosek being moved, and bumping Frederic to 4C be enough to fix this problem? Call up Lauko for 13th forward?
No because you lose an important player in Nosek...Bad move.

How do we know that? I think Frederic is very good defensively.

People said DeBrusk can’t PK, until he did, and now he can.
He is? What about FOs?

Reactions: 13Hockey

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
How about Reilly + for Sean Walker (2.65 x 2). Probably wouldn’t be too much of an add. Saves 350k and then waive Stralman @ 1 mil gets us to 1.35

Keeps the RHD depth

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If you want to mix the lines up, that sample is fine. But going out to acquire a guy making a UFA charge and ostensibly forking over large sums of trade assets and contract dollars/years? You might want to hold off until you've got a better, more secure lay of the land.

That's fair. Honestly, the desire to get Horvat is more about next year than this. As in, he may not be available next summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackFrancis

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
any sense of who they're discussing? Reilly obviously has the Ottawa connection, but I have to admit I'm ignorant as to their needs right now.
They need a forbort type on the left side or a good skating righty to play with Chabot (Carlo?) Carlo - Zub Swap? saves 1.5 million

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I might be the only one worried about waiving or trading Smith for poop? He's too good a player to simply toss away...Yes he's had limited ice time but this is more a function of preservation of asset,
If there's any situation where we don't have to PAY someone to take our mistakes, I'm fine with it.

Smith while useful, is underperforming and if he's the sacrificial lamb so to speak, he's hardly a player I would lose sleep over if it keeps the rest of the roster in tact.

If he's the piece that gets someone to take Reilly, I consider that breaking even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad