Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
This is why I brought up Foligno but others took me the wrong way..

I get the team wants him here but thought they’d understand if it was until the trade happened as a last resort.
If your saying what I think your saying, go back and look at my post before you asked about Foligno.

Anyone making over 1.125 million only saves 900k on the cap if waived and sent down. So along with Foligno you would have to do it with someone else to get cap compliant and then you have no room to call anyone yo for injury.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Why not just put Horvat with Coyle and DeBrusk? Why does the guy who signed a team friendly deal to return have to get the short end of the stick?
I don't think we have the cap space to extend both Horvat and Pasta. The cap is rumored to go up by 4mil, but we'll have 4.5mil in bonus carry over from Bergeron and Krejci, so it's effectively going down for us next year. Plus Swayman is up for a raise. Hopefully he signs a modest bridge deal. Clifton also do for a new contract, and he's definitely playing himself into a nice pay day right now.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I don't think we have the cap space to extend both Horvat and Pasta. The cap is rumored to go up by 4mil, but we'll have 4.5mil in bonus carry over from Bergeron and Krejci, so it's effectively going down for us next year. Plus Swayman is up for a raise. Hopefully he signs a modest bridge deal. Clifton also do for a new contract, and he's definitely playing himself into a nice pay day right now.
All the more reason to trade Smith and Reilly to mitigate as much as the bonus carry over as possible.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

If Boston ever acquired Horvat you find a way to get him and Pastrnak extended. Ourside of McAvoy and Lindholm all other defenseman could be moved if necessary.

Reactions: bbfan419

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
So clearly a trade needs to happen to activate Forbort.....what happens if he gets healthy and we don't have space....surely he just can't stay on LTIR?

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think Gryz ends up being the move. Not going to get much PP time with McAvoy and Lindholm around and he's not really needed for PK duty (especially when Forbort is back) and likely fetches some kind of an asset in return, even if it's less than what he'd be worth under normal circumstances. Ideally it's Smith that goes, his production is the easiest to replace on the cheap from Providence, but i think they're reluctant to give up anything to move him.

Gryz --> 3rd

is a better outcome than

Smith + 3rd --> 5th

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think Gryz ends up being the move. Not going to get much PP time with McAvoy and Lindholm around and he's not really needed for PK duty (especially when Forbort is back) and likely fetches some kind of an asset in return, even if it's less than what he'd be worth under normal circumstances. Ideally it's Smith that goes, his production is the easiest to replace on the cheap from Providence, but i think they're reluctant to give up anything to move him.

Gryz --> 3rd

is a better outcome than

Smith + 3rd --> 5th
you'd get more than a 3rd for gryz, but i don't see them trading him

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Because he doesn't fit with Hall and Pasta.
David Krejci's first eight games sees him go PPG, 0.5 PPG even strength. Pastrnak tallies 7 ES points in those 8 games. Hall matches Krejci's ES productivity, but he had broken ribs to start the season.

Gets either chopped in the brain or gets a rib or two cracked and comes back a week later.

Five games of poor production.

Obvious conclusion: doesn't fit with Hall and Pastrnak.

This place, sometimes, I swear.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Pasta takes over Foligno's cheques next season and comes in with a AAV of 10.4 million. Bergy and Krejci for the same amount I'd say for one more season. Freddy can replace Nosek at 4C.

Marchy-Bergy-Debrusk
Hall-Krejci-Pasta
XXXX-Coyle-Lysell
Greer-Frederic-Lauko

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Clifton
Forbort-Zboril

Ullmark-Swayman

Now for this season, Smith and Reilly traded/burried in Providence. I don't see a ton from Zacha that makes me want to re-sign him at this point. Do we trade him now and attach Reilly to him? At the draft, I 100% look to move Carlo. He should garner a 1st or 2nd rounder or a very solid prospect.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Smith is clearly the next man to waive. Hopefully he has a better shot at getting claimed since he doesn't have the extra year attached.
I might be the only one worried about waiving or trading Smith for poop? He's too good a player to simply toss away...Yes he's had limited ice time but this is more a function of preservation of asset,

Reactions: quietbruinfan

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I might be the only one worried about waiving or trading Smith for poop? He's too good a player to simply toss away...Yes he's had limited ice time but this is more a function of preservation of asset,
If not Smith after Reilly than who ?? The Bruins are in a tough situation and to become cap compliant someone has to go. That someone needs to have a cap hit in the 3mil range or larger . Moving out either Reilly or Smith is the best option, what you are going have to add to move either is the big concern

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If not Smith after Reilly than who ?? The Bruins are in a tough situation and to become cap compliant someone has to go. That someone needs to have a cap hit in the 3mil range or larger .
I get it...

Buffalo is the ticket...they can take on Smith and Reilly...should the team find themselves out of playoff contention they can flip both players come playoff time/trade deadline. With another injured goalie they could use one of our many talented stockpile goaltenders....

Could be win win for both organizations...

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
CapFriendly has updated.

I'm going by their number because they have $1 less than me that has to be moved.

Cap.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad