Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston
Why not just put Horvat with Coyle and DeBrusk? Why does the guy who signed a team friendly deal to return have to get the short end of the stick?
Why not put Horvat with Coyle and Zacha? Why move DeBrusk off of Bergeron and Marchand's line when the chemistry is clearly working there and he's playing probably the best hockey of his career?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bruins Cap.PNG

Only one player left to activate.

$1,331,528 needs to be cleared.

FYI - waiving and burying Smith only saves $906,081
FYI2 - waiving and sending Frederic down only saves $845,676
FYI3 - waiving and burying anyone who makes over $1,125,000 only saves $906,081

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Tbh I rather trade for JT Miller vs Horvat

Horvat is younger... but last game vs Canucks cements it for me. Rather have Miller.

Miller contract is manageable, no ntc to worry about.

unfortunately dont think Carlo + a 1st would be enough. Canucks would ask for Lysell instead of the 1st
lol we would eat miller alive. like legit wed throw him in a boiling pot of water like a lobster if he pulled have the shit he is in VAN (goals aside)

View attachment 608693

Question,
Why did Wagners offer the full 1.125Mil in savings, but smith/reilly are limited to 900k?

Vegas is at 50 contracts, so they'd need to throw someone else in.
damn the rules!

Reactions: Hogan20

Sturm und Drang

Aug 9, 2008
lol we would eat miller alive. like legit wed throw him in a boiling pot of water like a lobster if he pulled have the shit he is in VAN (goals aside)

Question,
Why did Wagners offer the full 1.125Mil in savings, but smith/reilly are limited to 900k?

damn the rules!
The cap hit accrues daily. Burying someone part way through the season only saves a prorated amount based on how many days they’ve already spent on the roster. At least that’s my understanding.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I really doubt they would trade Forbort at this time, so I would bet they are going to pay someone in order to get rid of Reilly.

Reactions: HustleB

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
It’s not a popular decision cause he’s obviously been playing better but does waiving Foligno cover the cap situation until we can fit him back in ?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Seems like Donny hockey might want to give this situation his undivided attention ASAP.

Also, that Pasta guy still needs a contract...
I suggest put all big contract moves be put on hold until Pasta is signed ..............

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Question,
There's 185 days in the NHL season. They've spent 38 days on the roster so far, Wagner zero. That 38 days is not free

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I really doubt they would trade Forbort at this time, so I would bet they are going to pay someone in order to get rid of Reilly.
seems most likely. reilly and smith (not reilly smith) are the clear favorites. maybe there's a move out of LF (not lunatic fringe)
we don't see, but is unlikely.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
So Arizona just told the world they'll take cap dumps in their Chychrun deal (he's ready to return soon). His cap hit is only 4.6M for 2 more years after this one.

Shock the world!

To Arizona:

Brandon Carlo (4.1M)
Craig Smith (3.1M)
2023 1st round pick (come on #32!)
2024 2nd round pick
conditional 2023 3rd round pick (condition of making the conference finals AND Chychrun playing 4 playoff games)
OR If a prospect needs adding in, someone not in our top 4

Gryz-Charlie
Hampus-Chychrun
Forbort-Clifton

Enough room to activate Forbort. I think the sides L/R work.

If you have to trade Smith and a high pick ANYWAY, go for it? And get off the Carlo concussion merry-go-round.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
financially - no.

not to mention a locker room mutiny.
People sometimes forget trades are much more than money and stats based .....how a trade will impact the locker room has to be a major consideration

Especially right now with this team on a roll you need to avoid doing anything that will negatively impact the chemistry

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
So Arizona just told the world they'll take cap dumps in their Chychrun deal (he's ready to return soon). His cap hit is only 4.6M for 2 more years after this one.

Shock the world!

To Arizona:

Brandon Carlo (4.1M)
Craig Smith (3.1M)
2024 2nd round pick
conditional 2023 3rd round pick (condition of making the conference finals AND Chychrun playing 4 playoff games)

Gryz-Charlie
Hampus-Chychrun
Forbort-Clifton

If you have to trade Smith and a high pick ANYWAY, go for it? And get off the Carlo concussion merry-go-round.
This!

I was on the Chycrun bandwagon, but not any more. Seems injury prone to me. He might have knee problems as well? The Bruins snagged Hampus and he is the better player. The emergence of Clifton and the play of the defense is pretty solid. Cliffy is interesting and he's a little nuts too. The check he threw on Milan Lucic was violent and effective, he sure hits with purpose. If Carlo had 1/2 the snarl of Cliffy, he would be an awesome player. Sure hope he can keep it up?

Imagine Patrick Kane on a line with Bergeron and Marchand. Anyone remember when Sidney Crosby played with Bergy and Marchy for Team Canada on the same line? It was very effective. Patrick Kane would be lights out with these two. Supremely talented like Sidney Crosby.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Why not just put Horvat with Coyle and DeBrusk? Why does the guy who signed a team friendly deal to return have to get the short end of the stick?

Why not put Horvat with Coyle and Zacha? Why move DeBrusk off of Bergeron and Marchand's line when the chemistry is clearly working there and he's playing probably the best hockey of his career?

why are we even debating line combos for a trade that will never happen and with a coach who changes the lines daily?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
View attachment 608693

Just curious, if the Bruins DON'T CLEAR cap; and Forbort is ready to go, what happens? Are ineligible to play?

(not suggesting that would happen, just curious)

Seems like Donny hockey might want to give this situation his undivided attention ASAP.

Also, that Pasta guy still needs a contract...
Sweeney's top priority seems to be on the backburner again.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Shock the world!

To Arizona:

Brandon Carlo (4.1M)
Craig Smith (3.1M)
2024 2nd round pick

Gryz-Charlie
Hampus-Chychrun
Forbort-Clifton

Looking at the roster, I kind of feel like Carlo might have to be the piece we move to stay cap compliant.

Him out with another RD coming back with either a lower hit or some retention (if we throw in a draft pick or two). But there's the human factor since Carlo seems to be a great guy and liked in the room (I believe he's their union rep, or at least was a season or two ago).

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Shock the world!

To Arizona:

Brandon Carlo (4.1M)
Craig Smith (3.1M)
2024 2nd round pick

Gryz-Charlie
Hampus-Chychrun
Forbort-Clifton

If you have to trade Smith and a high pick ANYWAY, go for it? And get off the Carlo concussion merry-go-rou

Looking at the roster, I kind of feel like Carlo might have to be the piece we move to stay cap compliant.

Him out with another RD coming back with either a lower hit or some retention (if we throw in a draft pick or two). But there's the human factor since Carlo seems to be a great guy and liked in the room (I believe he's their union rep, or at least was a season or two ago).
Bruins should not be giving up draft picks draft picks and a top 4 d-man just move cap..........

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Shock the world!

To Arizona:

Brandon Carlo (4.1M)
Craig Smith (3.1M)
2024 2nd round pick

Gryz-Charlie
Hampus-Chychrun
Forbort-Clifton

We don;t have a 2024 2nd, went to the Ducks as part of the Lindholm deal, but I would still not do that deal, Chychrun is overrated and seems always injured.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Does Forbort need to come back on the cap to be traded? Not saying he should be the one to go but hypothetically would they need to clear space to activate him to make him eligible to move?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Just curious, if the Bruins DON'T CLEAR cap; and Forbort is ready to go, what happens? Are ineligible to play?

(not suggesting that would happen, just curious)
When a player is medically cleared, the doctors inform the team, the league and the PA.

When that happens the league says okay now get compliant.

And you have no choice, you have to get compliant and make a trade or waive players down to the AHL until you are. Even if you drop under the 20 man roster.

Under the CBA, there is no such thing as non cap compliant. You can always get compliant.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
When a player is medically cleared, the doctors inform the team, the league and the PA.

When that happens the league says okay now get compliant.

And you have no choice, you have to get compliant and make a trade or waive players down to the AHL until you are. Even if you drop under the 20 man roster.

Under the CBA, there is no such thing as non cap compliant. You can always get compliant.
This is why I brought up Foligno but others took me the wrong way..

I get the team wants him here but thought they’d understand if it was until the trade happened as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad