Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I have a thought instead of moving draft picks Vancouver might be interested in young players, try this on for size and trust me I know it is off the wall and if I read from some other poster I would throw shit him, but anyways . Luke Schenn for Smith Reilly, Steen, and McLaughlin.........
Vancouver has less cap space then Boston. How do they possibly make this work?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Vancouver has less cap space then Boston. How do they possibly make this work?
That is true , but I would think that Vancouver would need to make some other moves they are not going anywhere unless they have a complete turn around............You are right no doubt, I think I was just trying to something out there so you are not losing draft picks to move cap.......I understand the flaws in my post ,

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That is true , but I would think that Vancouver would need to make some other moves they are not going anywhere unless they have a complete turn around............You are right no doubt, I think I was just trying to something out there so you are not losing draft picks to move cap.......I understand the flaws in my post ,
I don't understand. Are you saying we should only post realistic ideas? I'm totally against that.

tremha77

Jul 16, 2022
why would you mess up the chemistry as both BOS/PRO are at the top if not at the top of their respected leagues
plus it doesnt work for Van cap wise

I don't understand. Are you saying we should only post realistic ideas? I'm totally against that.
you want something out there how about if Pasta gives indications he isn't signing what about something around a Pasta for Horvat + who would help our longer term Centre problem.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
plus it doesnt work for Van cap wise

you want something out there how about if Pasta gives indications he isn't signing what about something around a Pasta for Horvat + who would help our longer term Centre problem.
you just answered your own question twice nothing to do with Horvat is a NO

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I don’t want to but we don’t have a choice. This team is a legit contender keep them happy and keep our best players.
They can find other ways, without giving up a 1st. I would look to trade Smith, there are teams looking for help and he is a UFA next year, so will be easier to move than Reilly. You can also add a player from providence as well like Keyser or another prospect other than Lysell or Lohrei.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I do not want to use any picks from this or next year's draft to shed Reilly or Smith. We already are without two 2nd's.

Lauko is a guy I'd give up to shed Reilly. He looks like he could be a great 3rd-4th line guy but we already have so many of those players right now. Steen is another guy I'd attach in a heartbeat to get rid of Reilly. I'm on the fence with Keyser/Beacher. I think both could net us a decent pick coming back, even with Reilly strapped to them.

Or get Tampa creative and send Reilly + Lauko + Smith to Arizona for Andrew Ladd(LTIR 5.5 million) who's a UFA after this season. @DominicT would have to educate me but sheding the 6.1 million plus putting Ladd on LTIR would give us some serious breathing room in space I believe once Forbort and Swayman are activated.

Reactions: bbfan419

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I do not want to use any picks from this or next year's draft to shed Reilly or Smith. We already are without two 2nd's.

Lauko is a guy I'd give up to shed Reilly. He looks like he could be a great 3rd-4th line guy but we already have so many of those players right now. Steen is another guy I'd attach in a heartbeat to get rid of Reilly. I'm on the fence with Keyser/Beacher. I think both could net us a decent pick coming back, even with Reilly strapped to them.

Or get Tampa creative and send Reilly + Lauko + Smith to Arizona for Andrew Ladd(LTIR 5.5 million) who's a UFA after this season. @DominicT would have to educate me but sheding the 6.1 million plus putting Ladd on LTIR would give us some serious breathing room in space I believe once Forbort and Swayman are activated.
I'm by no means Dom, and I'm sure he can correct me, but if they move Reilly and Smith in that trade they will not need to use LTIR for space since they'll be under the cap. That being said it may allow them to eat a bigger cap hit at deadline and then use LTIR once they are over the cap.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I'm by no means Dom, and I'm sure he can correct me, but if they move Reilly and Smith in that trade they will not need to use LTIR for space since they'll be under the cap. That being said it may allow them to eat a bigger cap hit at deadline and then use LTIR once they are over the cap.
That's what I was getting at. If arizona is eating 6.1 million in cap, they'd likely want to shed some cap as well. We could take Ladd and place him on LTIR which makes us compliant and allows us to make some deadline moves if needed.

Reactions: Gordoff and NDiesel

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Easy peasy. I am certain Reilly and Smith would be attractive no? :)
Reilly and Smith maybe the obvious choices for a trade if you are a Bruin fan,but the market for either is not great with most teams strapped with the salary cap. I am hoping Sweeney is exploring other options that may not need sweeteners. There needs to be at least one D moved . The salary of the player moved needs to be 3mil or more . This may require more than one trade.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That's what I was getting at. If arizona is eating 6.1 million in cap, they'd likely want to shed some cap as well. We could take Ladd and place him on LTIR which makes us compliant and allows us to make some deadline moves if needed.
I don't know if the Yotes would. In fact, I think they would not. Forget about the cap for a second.

They are taking on real money owed to Reilly and Smith - $6.1 million would come out of their pocket.

They aren't paying Ladd - insurance is.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

If Ladd’s contract is covered by insurance (no idea) this isn’t a win or them.

Edit: missed Dom’s comment!

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Why not move gryz? You should get a second round pick for him and it takes care of cap issues without adding to the deal for a team to take Smith/Reilly.

Lindholm-MacAvoy
Forbort-Clifton
Zboril-Carlo
Strahlman

Not a fan of Zboril but moving him does nothing to become cap compliant

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Why not move gryz? You should get a second round pick for him and it takes care of cap issues without adding to the deal for a team to take Smith/Reilly.

Lindholm-MacAvoy
Forbort-Clifton
Zboril-Carlo
Strahlman

Not a fan of Zboril but moving him does nothing to become cap compliant

For me moving Gryz is a very obvious option . The problem being IMO he is over paid for what he brings. He also has another year after this year,he could be attractive to certain teams.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I don't know if the Yotes would. In fact, I think they would not. Forget about the cap for a second.

They are taking on real money owed to Reilly and Smith - $6.1 million would come out of their pocket.

They aren't paying Ladd - insurance is.
I guess I was thinking:
1. Asset in Lauko who seems NHL ready
2. Smith could be moved at the deadline for a pick/prospect and they could retain money to get a better return/more buyers
3. Reilly is serviceable enough dman to be a regular on the team.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
For me moving Gryz is a very obvious option . The problem being IMO he is over paid for what he brings. He also has another year after this year,he could be attractive to certain teams.
Grz may end up going, but I don't think its obvious.
On the left side (aside from Lindholm) Grz offers a different skill set than Forbort and Zboril. Moving Grz might be "obvious" if either of them could transition the puck better, but they can't. Reilly was brought in on the left side to do that, but he didn't work out. So moving Grz (and Reilly) leaves a puck moving hole on the left side D which teams could exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad