Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Be amazing if they shock the hell out of us and move like an actual key piece of the team, lol.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Grz may end up going, but I don't think its obvious.
On the left side (aside from Lindholm) Grz offers a different skill set than Forbort and Zboril. Moving Grz might be "obvious" if either of them could transition the puck better, but they can't. Reilly was brought in on the left side to do that, but he didn't work out. So moving Grz (and Reilly) leaves a puck moving hole on the left side D which teams could exploit.
I am only calling Gryz an obvious option. Nothing more. For me a LD needs to be moved for cap reasons, The first option is Reilly , but at what cost? If not Reilly Who?. My second choice would be Gryz now the question becomes how trad-able is he at his cap hit???

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I am only calling Gryz an obvious option. Nothing more. For me a LD needs to be moved for cap reasons, The first option is Reilly , but at what cost? If not Reilly Who?. My second choice would be Gryz now the question becomes how trad-able is he at his cap hit???
I know you have a hard time with this, but Grizz is not overpaid, and will get more on his next contract. I'd rather give up assets to open space than weaken the top 6 of this team.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Why not move gryz? You should get a second round pick for him and it takes care of cap issues without adding to the deal for a team to take Smith/Reilly.

Lindholm-MacAvoy
Forbort-Clifton
Zboril-Carlo
Strahlman

Not a fan of Zboril but moving him does nothing to become cap compliant
You do not have a replacement for what Gryz gives you on the left side, Gryz himself however replaces what Reilly gives you.

Its going to suck for all the Darla fans out there, but Forbort is going to be the one most likely moved at the end of the day. He will make a little bit less than Reilly in salary next year (although still above his hit). Who knows maybe no one wants either, but id say teams prioritize Forborts skillset over Reilly's skillset at that cost? Idk maybe I'm wrong.

His services are replaced by Carlo and Lindholm (AND McAvoy if needed to overload PK time). You end up rolling Reilly - Carlo as a third pair and hope they rekindle the magic.

Trading Reilly or Forbort cuts depth, trading gryz makes you a worse team.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I know you have a hard time with this, but Grizz is not overpaid, and will get more on his next contract. I'd rather give up assets to open space than weaken the top 6 of this team.
If he is getting more on his next contract then trade him now before he is involved in anther playoff series which will diminish his value

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm far from a cap guru, but it looks like as of today if everyone was healthy the Bruins would be at 23 man and $955k over the cap.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
We can disagree on how we value Gryz and if you are correct and he is not overpaid that simply increases his value in a trade . Which is great. All I am saying is trading Gryz is an option that has to be considered if there is no market for Reilly. There is $6,687,500 tied up in these two players for the next two seasons. I do not think in this tight cap market that is a good option

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm far from a cap guru, but it looks like as of today if everyone was healthy the Bruins would be at 23 man and $955k over the cap.
If you use CapFriendly, go to the Bruins page.

The projected cap hit minus the cap upper limit is what has to be moved. In this case $84,435,581 minus $82,500,000.

You don't even have to do the math, they do it for you in the projected LTIR used which is $1,935,581.
Cap.PNG

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You do not have a replacement for what Gryz gives you on the left side, Gryz himself however replaces what Reilly gives you.

Its going to suck for all the Darla fans out there, but Forbort is going to be the one most likely moved at the end of the day. He will make a little bit less than Reilly in salary next year (although still above his hit). Who knows maybe no one wants either, but id say teams prioritize Forborts skillset over Reilly's skillset at that cost? Idk maybe I'm wrong.

His services are replaced by Carlo and Lindholm (AND McAvoy if needed to overload PK time). You end up rolling Reilly - Carlo as a third pair and hope they rekindle the magic.

Trading Reilly or Forbort cuts depth, trading gryz makes you a worse team.

If you move Gryz, Reilly or Forbort are on your 2nd pair and you are kinda forced to put Lindholm and McAvoy together. You have created the “perfection line with no depth” problem on your backend. Gryz being able to be effective with McAvoy OR Carlo is extremely valuable, even if he has some warts.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Carlo a 1st Rd Pick and Smith ($800k retained)
$6.3m out

for

Bo Horvat and Luke Schenn
$6.3 in

Doesn't solve the cap issue, but it does solve the future #1c issue, and gives us a beastly top9 this year.

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

Vancouver gets a young RD to pair with Hugues (which they covet), they get a 1st round pick (which I hate to give up) and they get a retained Smith that they can flip for another pick at the deadline.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
$6.3m out

for

$6.3 in

Doesn't solve the cap issue, but it does solve the future #1c issue, and gives us a beastly top9 this year.

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

Vancouver gets a young RD to pair with Hugues (which they covet), they get a 1st round pick (which I hate to give up) and they get a retained Smith that they can flip for another pick at the deadline.

Can't see Krejci being happy with going from playing with Hall/Patrnak to DeBrusk/Coyle

Reactions: dangermike

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
$6.3m out

for

$6.3 in

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

I could see Carlo and Hughes working really well as a pair. With Zacha in tow, Id toss JDB and take out the Pick. as its been pointed out though I dont think Vanouver could fit that

Reactions: PlayMakers

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
$6.3m out

for

$6.3 in

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

One of the few trade ideas sending out Brandon Carlo that actually downgrades your team speed.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
$6.3m out

for

$6.3 in

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

If the Bruins could negotiate with Horvat beforehand like they did with Lindholm last year I would do that trade in a heartbeat. I might even add to it, getting that top line center issue resolved for next year is extremely important. I also like Schenn as a hard nosed 3rd pairing guy.

Reactions: TCB and PlayMakers

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
$6.3m out

for

$6.3 in

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

Next year Horvat walks for free because we don't have enough cap space to resign him.

No thanks.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
$6.3m out

for

$6.3 in

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

I would add Schenn because I think they need another D-man anyways ,move Carlo and you are worse shape on D. I also do not want to take Coyle moved to wing . I also want Pasta signed , , Horvat is not as important as Pasta . Do you really want to give up a 1st , not me..........

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
$6.3m out

for

$6.3 in

MAR - BER- ZAC
HAL - HOR - PAS
JDB - KRE - COY

Tbh I rather trade for JT Miller vs Horvat

Horvat is younger... but last game vs Canucks cements it for me. Rather have Miller.

Miller contract is manageable, no ntc to worry about.

unfortunately dont think Carlo + a 1st would be enough. Canucks would ask for Lysell instead of the 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad