Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I think Gryz ends up being the move. Not going to get much PP time with McAvoy and Lindholm around and he's not really needed for PK duty (especially when Forbort is back) and likely fetches some kind of an asset in return, even if it's less than what he'd be worth under normal circumstances. Ideally it's Smith that goes, his production is the easiest to replace on the cheap from Providence, but i think they're reluctant to give up anything to move him.

Gryz --> 3rd

is a better outcome than

Smith + 3rd --> 5th
I’d have no issues with this. An extra pick this year would be very valuable for something expendable

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
If you want to move Gryz, list your pairings after the trade.
I don't want to move Gryz at all, but somebody HAS to be moved and moving Gryz would add assets, while moving Reilly or Smith looks like it would cost assets, so it's something that needs to be considered.

And since you dema...errr...asked ever so politely...

Lindholm/Carlo
Zboril/McAvoy
Forbort/Clifton
Stralman

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't want to move Gryz at all, but somebody HAS to be moved and moving Gryz would add assets, while moving Reilly or Smith looks like it would cost assets, so it's something that needs to be considered.

Lindholm/Carlo
Zboril/McAvoy
Forbort/Clifton
Stralman

I like Zboril. But in a "one big last shot" season, I don't want him in my top four.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

Lindholm/Carlo
Zboril/McAvoy
Forbort/Clifton
Stralman
I may switch Clifton and Carlo ,but what a well thought out post ! What I find is so many posters are far more concerned with protecting Gryz ,than excepting that moving him ,may be the best option for the Bruins

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I may switch Clifton and Carlo ,but what a well thought out post ! What I find is so many posters are far more concerned with protecting Gryz ,than excepting that moving him ,may be the best option for the Bruins
Depends on what your criteria is for “best option”. If your goal is to stockpile draft capital, then yeah, moving Grizz has some merit. However if your goal is to push for a Cup this season, moving Grizz and replacing him with Zboril in your top 4 is a step backward.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
i'd prefer moving one or both of Smith and Reilly, Gryz is considerably more valuable than either, but i'm tired of having to give up draft capital to move salaries. So if Gryz can get an asset and Smith/Reilly cost one...
Well of course but I don't want to throw away assets to do so. If we can get a seventh for Smith I'd be happy. There's clearly no market for Reilly

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’d rather trade Forbort than Gryz if moving Reilly is prohibitive.

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Clifton
Reilly Carlo

I know that you lose something on the PK. You probably end up having to play Clifton (leads team in PK TOI!) or McAvoy in their offside on PK2. But at 5 on 5 the pairing make so much more sense.

Now I’d rather move Smith or Reilly. But I’d move Forbort long before Gryz.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Knowing donny hes gonna add on deadline. Hopefully he holds 1st round pick.

It's possible, It sees unlikely he will be pursuing depth pieces, so if he makes a deal it would likely be an impact deal. Right now it would be very hard to see that, but of course things can change in 3.5 months.

That said, re the above, I can't see them moving a Gryz, because I think they like him more than me. And no way they give up someone they see in the top 4 on defense for a mid round pick.

Reactions: The don godfather

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Billy Jaffe will probably be upset with me, but we talked about Gryz when the season started. Might get a sense of what management thinks

dONT DO IT.PNG

Sorry Billy but give your fans what they want :P

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I’d rather trade Forbort than Gryz if moving Reilly is prohibitive.

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Clifton
Reilly Carlo

I know that you lose something on the PK. You probably end up having to play Clifton (leads team in PK TOI!) or McAvoy in their offside on PK2. But at 5 on 5 the pairing make so much more sense.

Now I’d rather move Smith or Reilly. But I’d move Forbort long before Gryz.
I move the guy who struggles in the playoffs when it gets more physical vs the guy who is bigger and more playoff ready. Ideally it's Smith or Reilly but Gryz nets a return without adding and is replaceable.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

So, Carlo/Forbort?

Forbort would be blocking 12 shots a night with the puck in their zone so much.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I move the guy who struggles in the playoffs when it gets more physical vs the guy who is bigger and more playoff ready. Ideally it's Smith or Reilly but Gryz nets a return without adding and is replaceable.

Playoff ready against who?

Carolina, New Jersey, Toronto, Florida, Pittsburgh, Rangers... there are a lot of "speed and skill" teams in the East this year that I think having Forbort and Carlo in your lineup at the same time would actually be a detriment in playing against. If you are playing the Islanders Forbort might be nice I guess?

The elephant in the room is obviously Tampa, who, like Boston, has the guys in their forward group to play a more grinding physical forecheck heavy game, but there are a LOT of playoff matchups where Gryz's deficiencies are a non-issue.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Tampa, Vegas, Colorado will be a barometer, but team definitely should have people hopeful.

Come out of those three games with:

2 points - Fine
3 points - Nice
4 points - Great
5 points - Awesome
6 points - Amazing

I'm perfectly content with anything from Nice to Amazing!

Reactions: weaponomega
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad